It's freezing ( not quite) why do foreigners wander around with no shirts?

peterb17

Following from my decent dress in restaurants thread- popped into Tops in Jomtien- needed some chicken for the dog. Counted eight guys wandering around with no shirts. It's not exactly hot at the moment. On the beach-OK- with a fabulous body- might appreciate that. But just walking along a street.

I avoid the sun- skin cancer is a real risk- what is the obsession with a tan ?

OK - let's not have I live in a cesspit- what do you expect!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most farangs care that it is an affront to Thai society to go without a shirt....

Some farangs plain just do not give a shi*t about that and most everything & anybody else......

Unforunately you are in an area where affronts are in vogue - from all sides....

You seem to be obsessed with how other guys dress?

Get a life, or come out of the closet.

Out of the closet - the usual meaning of this- that you are out and about and everyone knows you are gay- been doing that for decades.

I don't understand with the very well understanding of the damage of UV - why you would not cover up?

It was so chilly last night even the Russkies were shivering on the Pattaya baht bus! Of course they were dressed in shorts and t-shirts at night.

Jingthing- it was so chilly- had to dig out a sweater/ jumper/ fleece- being international here.

Don't forget anything above 5 degrees in positively tropical for the Russians .

Hope you were off for another restaurant review- keep it up.

Most farangs care that it is an affront to Thai society to go without a shirt....

Some farangs plain just do not give a shi*t about that and most everything & anybody else......

Unforunately you are in an area where affronts are in vogue - from all sides....

Sadly I realise this- no excuse though.

But are these guys so poorly educated on the risks of skin cancer- many friends here have had treatment- hate to say especially the golfers.

Of course the answer is yes- a super tan- wow!

The baht bus? What's this fascination with baht buses? Horrible things.

I hate them- but they are very cheap - more politely inexpensive.

If you live on the baht bus route and know where to catch them- it's easy

The crack down on drink driving- go out for dinner, two glasses of wine could be very problematic.

So it's a nessary evil sometimes

In Pattaya it went down to 18 degrees C overnight. to some that is a warm day.

Myself I had to raid the cupboards to find a jumper..... I had no such luck and my nipples chaffed.

Chaffed nipples. Get some proper underwear on you and stop complaining.

I find bra's to be uncomfortable.

Myself I had to raid the cupboards to find a jumper..... I had no such luck and my nipples chaffed.

But panties is another matter...

But panties is another matter...

Your nipples chaff when wearing panties ? ....

I think you have bigger issues at stake other than the cooler weather.

Sadly I realise this- no excuse though.

But are these guys so poorly educated on the risks of skin cancer- many friends here have had treatment- hate to say especially the golfers.

Of course the answer is yes- a super tan- wow!

I overlooked you were in a food store with food openly displayed....They are pigs - gross human beings.....

It is most likely against the law where they come from....a few rungs below the worst of the Walmart stalwarts....

Tan jealousy here though....

Some of us (me) have spent years playing sports full days in the sun....Unfortunately my darkened burned in sun skin areas are still whiter than most people's light areas.....

I think that some tourists are ignorant of proper attire in various locations that they will visit when they pack and then find it difficult to leave all of the logoed T-shirts and British shorts in the suitcase when they get here. And for others, it's just everyday grunge attire that think is appropriate. FREEDOM from dress codes is so liberating and the temperature is (was) so pleasant