Do you have 'thaiExpatTV' at home?

davidst01

Yes i do, currently on "trial" of full package, lots there , but not a lot that interests me so far.

Having said that I havnt had time to wade through the huge range available.

On the surface of it, so far, seems Ok and worth taking out the trial to make your own mind up.

After all we all have different taste etc.

Why not just use a VPN and thenyou can watch the BBC and ITV iplayers for free?

i tried this but my vpn (PIA) isnt so great. BBC iplayer has a message that Im not in the right location.

does anyone know a vpn that has a workaround for this?

I have found a Web site on windows which allows me to watch what is known in uk as free to view ie bbc 1234 itv1234 chanel 4 and it's variety and 5 plus variants and film 4 and a good few others. Yes it's live ish so middle of night here but I just record the programs I want to srr on a flash drive then hook up laptop to tv whenever I want to watch. Or put flash drive into TV but I find it a better picture via laptop Web site is called film on Tv

I just tried to open the free trial

Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

It means that I cant open the app. WhY?

ok, I worked it out. The solution is opening the executable (the program) in the 'applications folder' by right clicking on it. Then select the open button and input the user id and password in that window thats invoked.

Although it's not my cup of tea I once did a trial of ExpatTV.

Sure it's focused on UK viewers.

It worked without any problems.

Comparable to a system that I use for German language TV,

I assume(?) that it is (also) streaming from servers in Thailand, so absolutely no bandwidth/time of day/buffering problems like with direct reception via VPN or other sources abroad (international lines, sea-cable).

When comparing with any kind of live-stream, don't forget that ExpatTV has a time-shift/roll back function of 7(?) days.

You can watch at a convenient time (after breakfast, not at two o'clock in the morning tongue.png ).

Edited by KhunBENQ

i think it's great as i basically get everything i'd get at home in the uk.

i find streaming a bit of a faf due to internet/computer speeds so like the fact i can download programmes onto a usb and watch them when i want on my tv with no buffering. i also keep any programmes i want to watch again.

the 7 day catch up is great.

the basic package does me fine. i had the premium option on trial recently and it seemed full of american shows that i had no interested in. i didnt watch anything.

to be honest i'm so used to having my uk tv content while i'm here i'd be lost without it.

definitely recommend it.

i find streaming a bit of a faf due to internet/computer speeds so like the fact i can download programmes onto a usb and watch them when i want on my tv with no buffering. i also keep any programmes i want to watch again.

Forgot that, another important advantage compared to any live streaming etc.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I find Expat TV excellent value for money at just over 6,000 Baht for the year. The on-demand is very useful considering the time zone difference. IlikeHD is good value considering the number of channels, but no on-demand spoils it. Expat Premium is expensive, but a must for any footie fan who enjoys the coverage by Sky and BT Sports.

Why not just use a VPN and thenyou can watch the BBC and ITV iplayers for free?

i tried this but my vpn (PIA) isnt so great. BBC iplayer has a message that Im not in the right location.

does anyone know a vpn that has a workaround for this?

PM sent :)

I find Expat TV excellent value for money at just over 6,000 Baht for the year. The on-demand is very useful considering the time zone difference. IlikeHD is good value considering the number of channels, but no on-demand spoils it. Expat Premium is expensive, but a must for any footie fan who enjoys the coverage by Sky and BT Sports.

Yes but it's not free,and most expats in Thailand feel they should be able to access UK television which they once paid for,for free. Edited by stoneyboy

Yes but it's not free,and most expats in Thailand feel they should be able to access UK television which they once paid for,for free.

So it seems, up to them. I find it hard to resist, knowing what the folks back home are being charged, plus, I have no messing around with unreliable VPN's, downloads, or streams.

I've had it for nearly 2 years and find it superb. It's actually 10 days on-demand.

I also have the Premium Expat service with the Sky stuff. It's not yet as reliable, but it is improving.

I've also just signed up to Netflix which I'm also enjoying.

Kodi is incomparable and a poor second best unless you really don't want to splash the cash.

Yes but it's not free,and most expats in Thailand feel they should be able to access UK television which they once paid for,for free.

And in fact everyone is in the possibility to access it for free, plenty of sources available some even with program guide

And in fact everyone is in the possibility to access it for free, plenty of sources available some even with program guide

I suppose it could be argued that water is free, but its so much easier to turn the tap on and get water that someone else has done all the hard work for?

I suppose it could be argued that water is free, but its so much easier to turn the tap on and get water that someone else has done all the hard work for?

First of all, you don't steal it, it is provided for free.

Second, Thaiexpattv - ilikehd and a few others steall it at the same place as where the one who is providing it for free gets it. Only difference is that they also steal your money for something they have done no work at all for.

Second, Thaiexpattv - ilikehd and a few others steall it at the same place as where the one who is providing it for free gets it. Only difference is that they also steal your money for something they have done no work at all for.

Except for setting up the locals servers, website and apps, so we get a decent experience.

Apart from that, nothing at all.

Except for setting up the locals servers, website and apps, so we get a decent experience.

Free for all, and they also had to set up servers and websites and apps.

http://www.uktvnow.net/

It's down to personal preference, mess about with VPN's, search for decent streams, whatever. or pay for a reliable, quality viewing experience without giving a toss about who's making the money, because somebody is, whether it's VPN's, streams, or downloads. They're not doing it to pass the time of day! rolleyes.gif

Free for all, and they also had to set up servers and websites and apps.

http://www.uktvnow.net/

It's not on-demand, so I'll stick to TEPTV.

First of all I think my analogy has fallen on deaf ears.

Second, I don't care how they get it, it's how I get it that counts, the service is fantastic.

First of all I think my analogy has fallen on deaf ears.

Second, I don't care how they get it, it's how I get it that counts, the service is fantastic.

I agree, I also don't care where they get it, because I will not pay for something I can get for free elsewhere simply by clicking another icon on my desktop.