Lawyers Council to appeal Koh Tao convicts’ death sentence

webfact

Follow

Ian Yarwood@IanYarwood_Law

Ian Yarwood Retweeted JQ Public

Old tweet sums up KOH TAO MURDER verdict in 140 characters. Without dubious DNA evidence there's 2 little 2 convict

Ian Yarwood added,

JQ Public @JQP6
@JeromeTaylor Granted,court swept aside issues of torture+police bungling w/glibness,but defense failure to discredit DNA evid doomed case.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we hear Hannah's inquest hearing is scheduled for Feb. 8 ?

Nearly 17 months after the crime, and several months after the trial wrapped up. I'm sure they have their reasons for being so slow, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're good excuses.

And what of David's inquest? Is the Jersey coroner even more asleep at the wheel than the Norfolk coroner? Maybe their hourglasses are screwing up - using sand which is too thick, or their sundials are giving false readings from too much cloud.

Boomer, please stop going on about the lateness of Hannah's inquest. Under U.K. rules, an inquest cannot be held when a criminal trial is in progress. The trial of the B2 only ended when the verdict was read on 24th December 2015. Certain arrangements have to be made by the Coroner regarding the calling of witnesses so I think a date of 8th February 2016 is perfectly acceptable under the circumstances. The State of Jersey is not under U.K. jurisdiction regarding inquests and it is possible that there will be no inquest into the death of David Miller, much as interested parties would like one.

I admit I don't comprehend all there is to know about UK inquest processes (or lack thereof). Isn't there a basic concern, among the Brits, to ascertain how fellow Brits are murdered overseas? One would expect the same from any country - with concern for their citizens (or 'subjects' as the Brits would say).

It looks as tho Brit authorities are bending their own rules (re; inquests and autopsies, and who to show data to) in order to minimize loss of face for Thai authorities. If Brit officials really wanted to find out how their subjects died overseas, they wouldn't be just sitting on their hands, drinking tea and eating spotted dicks. The victims' families deserve better from their officials reps.

Even better would be to do some investigating to try to ascertain who the murderers are - but that's too much to ask. All we're asking for Brit experts to do their tightly restricted jobs: Who died? When? Wounds and murder weapon used? drugs in blood? We don't expect them to do any investigative work, because Thailand's self-appointed PM told them not to.

Who loses if Brit experts don't do their jobs? Well, there have already been a few (3) mysterious farang backpacker deaths on the tiny island since the double murder. Two were Brits, and one was a Frenchman. By not doing their jobs, Brit experts are unwittingly contributing to further mysterious deaths. Who will be next? We already knew from 10 days after David's and Hannah's deaths that Thai officials were worthless, .....but we harbored some hope that Brit forensics might be worth a farthing. Now we're not sure. Perhaps farang need to form a 'Self-Defense Force' composed of volunteer farang - to patrol beach resorts in southern Thailand.

Follow

Ian Yarwood Retweeted JQ Public

Old tweet sums up KOH TAO MURDER verdict in 140 characters. Without dubious DNA evidence there's 2 little 2 convict

Ian Yarwood added,

JQ Public @JQP6
@JeromeTaylor Granted,court swept aside issues of torture+police bungling w/glibness,but defense failure to discredit DNA evid doomed case.

More dubious DNA evidence. Its all very well explaining to the court why the DNA results came through in a matter of hours but without evidence/documents then you can explain away anything!

post-252078-0-53145400-1454656493_thumb.

The picture of the shoe disappeared. Lynn Taylor saw it. It was on andy fb page. Then disappeared. she searched for it so did I.

The picture of the shoe was never on Andy Hall's facebook page. Lyn Taylor claimed that some Thai sent her the picture in a private message to her facebook page and then that picture mysteriously disappeared (likely story). I do not set much store by anything Lyn Taylor says. She is a fantasist. There is indeed a picture of what could be a shoe next to the tree where the hoe was found (I have a copy) and there is also a single shoe on the beach at the place where the bodies were found which is neither David's nor Hannah's. A single shoe was sent for testing during the trial and none of the B2s DNA was found on it. Presumably it didn't have the DNA of Maung Maung on it either because the RTP already had a sample of his DNA from when he was arrested along with the B2 back in October 2014. It is not known whether it was the shoe from next to the tree where the hoe was found, or the shoe which was at the actual crime scene. In any event, this shoe was deemed unimportant to the investigation because it could not be proved who it belonged to.

Can you show the picture of the shoe on the beach and under the tree? Would be ever so grateful

It's all on the web - you just have to do a little research.

For goodness sake, all I want is to see the picture of the jandal under the tree, next to the bloody hoe. The jandal that I thought was mm, but apparently was wp. Or maybe I thought it was Wei Phyo, but it was mm.

Doesn't matter. I just want to see the jandal. Then I'll shut up about it.

"I just want to see the jandal."

Well, you know greenhair, I just want to see what any of the Hang 'em High crew has to say about police chief Somyot's quote below, but I never get an answer either...

"We still have specific DNA samples from the hoe," he said, without elaborating.

http://www.nationmul...f-30264238.html

Edited by iReason

Anyway island life says he has the picture. Wei Phyo got up at 5am to retrieve his shoe /JANDAL left behind. That shoe /jandal was left next to the bloody hoe and the bloody tree. I don't know if the shoe /jandal is bloody ,but I thought that it was. Ask island he will know.

So, does it not seem just a bit suspicious that as Wp was looking for his jandal, left next to the bloody hoe, that he casually found a phone of the person that had recently been killed by said bloody hoe.

Hhmmmm

Anyway island life says he has the picture. Wei Phyo got up at 5am to retrieve his shoe /JANDAL left behind. That shoe /jandal was left next to the bloody hoe and the bloody tree. I don't know if the shoe /jandal is bloody ,but I thought that it was. Ask island he will know.

So, does it not seem just a bit suspicious that as Wp was looking for his jandal, left next to the bloody hoe, that he casually found a phone of the person that had recently been killed by said bloody hoe.

Hhmmmm

If it was of interest the rtp would have produced it in evidence. They didnt produce it so it is probably nomsods.

I'd like to see a follow-up on this guy:

"The man claimed to be a migrant worker recently returned from Thailand who was near the scene of the crime at the time of the murders."

“I can only say what I know about the Koh Tao case to Interpol without Thai police intervention due to fears for the safety and security of my friends and the other workers in Koh Tao,”

said the man, who wore a cloth to obscure his face.

“I don’t believe the Thai police. I know about the relationship between police and gangs over there.”

http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/national-news/18341-masked-man-at-koh-tao-rally-demands-meet-with-interpol.html

another name for jandal: zoorie.

Regardless, I think the flip-flop issue is moot. We can put it in the same useless category as the cigg but and the unused condom. There are clues revolving around the crime which are far more important. I could make another list (35 items long), but if you've been following these threads, you know the things/people I'm referring to.

Hhmmmm

If it was of interest the rtp would have produced it in evidence. They didnt produce it so it is probably nomsods.

In many trials, when there is a lot of issues to present to the court, often some things are deliberately left out. Only the strongest evidence is used to save court time and confusion.

It does not make that evidence less relevant.

The prosecution had dna, suspects in vicinity of crime at time of crime, suspects had victims belongings and the confession.

The defense were able to defend the confession well, point to them.

The defense did not defend the dna well, point to prosecutor.

The defense did not defend the phone well, point to prosecutor.

The defense did not defend reasonable explaination of suspects movement during the night and early hours of the morning, point to prosecutor , point to prosecutor.

Who knows why they did not present the wine bottle, which strangely the b2 were drinking wine that night, the butts which is the brand b2 were smoking, and the jandal which the b2 went back to look for.

Perhaps the prosecution thought they already had enough to present.

Since they won, it seems they were right.

Hhmmmm

In many trials, when there is a lot of issues to present to the court, often some things are deliberately left out. Only the strongest evidence is used to save court time and confusion.

It does not make that evidence less relevant.

The prosecution had dna, suspects in vicinity of crime at time of crime, suspects had victims belongings and the confession.

The defense were able to defend the confession well, point to them.

The defense did not defend the dna well, point to prosecutor.

The defense did not defend the phone well, point to prosecutor.

The defense did not defend reasonable explaination of suspects movement during the night and early hours of the morning, point to prosecutor , point to prosecutor.

Who knows why they did not present the wine bottle, which strangely the b2 were drinking wine that night, the butts which is the brand b2 were smoking, and the jandal which the b2 went back to look for.

Perhaps the prosecution thought they already had enough to present.

Since they won, it seems they were right.

Well you just admit it yourself in your first and second sentence....some things are deliberately left out. Only the strongest evidence is used. Therefore the jandal is insignificant.

In trials where circumstantial evidence is needed for conviction then its best to have a truckload of that evidence. As there is no proved dna in evidence then everything circumstantial is important. But your beloved rtp considered the jandal irrelevant.

There is no evidence the b2 returned to look for that jandal, that is a figment of your imagination unsupported by any evidence. If it was theirs it would be massively important.

The prosecution did not do their job, the judge did his job as directed. But a real court will overturn that decision.

greenchair, on 05 Feb 2016 - 13:04, said:

Hhmmmm

greenchair, how many times do I have to tell you that Wei Phyo lost both shoes, not just one? You can ask "Island Life" to send you the picture but I doubt he will because he hasn't got it. I have, as well you know. That picture has been posted ad infinitum on this forum and I'm not going to post it again.

That's it. The evidence from the crime fell into two basic categories:

A. Anything that might point at the scapegoats. Unfortunately for RTP and prosecution, there's between nothing and scant little.

B. Everything else, which included evidence which pointed at others as perps.

Readers of KT threads get one guess re; which evidence was brought to show to the court.

Here's a partial list of evidence which DID NOT point to the scapegoats, so was either lost, discounted or destroyed by RTP:

>>> the bottle, Hannah's clothes, the hair,

>>> Running Man video (it was mentioned in court, but even the judges didn't think it showed either of the B2)

>>> CCTV of boat(s) leaving island right after crime, 59.9 hours of other CCTV from that night and morning (police said there was 60 hr>>> CCTV they looked at, but it showed nothing. Uh huh).

>>> CCTV from AC and In Touch bars

>>> CCTV of Nomsod entering apartment

>>> Data from Nok Air re; flight to Bkk on Monday morning

>>> interview with 3 fast boat driver(s) who were all too drugged to talk to police on day of, and day-after crime (they probably sobered up a few hrs later)....

>>> Money trail re; one of more of the following: Headman, Mon, NS, NS's lawyer, Headman's wife, Somyot, Jaktip, Panya, taxi driver, Somyot's wife, Big Ears Cop, Hoe Man, Stingray Man, and others.

That's the main reason the PM didn't want the Brits to do any investigating. NONE! ....because the Brits would have likely followed evidence to where it lead. Note: there are many of cases where citizens of one country are allowed (and welcomed) to investigate in another country. Even in Thailand. Just one example: a Dutch team who came to Thailand, years ago, to investigate a serial killer from Nepal. In that case, it was a farang low-echelon worker at Bkk's Dutch embassy who first uncovered the killer's trail. He alerted RTP to the g.h. where the suspect was staying. RTP showed up, but didn't arrest the suspect - said his passport was in order (it wasn't). The Nepalese man went on to kill a few more farang tourists before he was apprehended and jailed.

Follow

@JQP6

I think many people will become more optimistic for Koh Tao defendants as more information is made public in coming weeks

JQ I don't wish to appear unhelpful but it's up to others to reveal more when they are ready. I do know my tweets are often vague.

KOH TAO MURDERS: 4 experts in DNA & law have worked behind the scenes pro bono giving B2 good chance in appeal. DNA inadmissible/discredited

Koh Tao: B2 are not free yet but I'm more hopeful than any time since 24 Dec. Communication improved & appeal just on papers. Translate/file

Edited by StealthEnergiser

@Post 447

Another classic example of misdirection.

A weak clichéd one at that.

Another callous, hollow, pointless attempt at character assassination.

And completely without basis.

Just noise.

What is that noise?

Wherefore was that cry?

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

MacBeth

Within the Castle

Edited by iReason

Yes we've heard the same before, from the same people, and then it was all hot air.

Not that it would stop them from milking the case for all that it's worth, and then some.

And so what are you doing with this case....?

Come clean now....

soon your question may be answered.

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Yes we've heard the same before, from the same people, and then it was all hot air.

Not that it would stop them from milking the case for all that it's worth, and then some.

There is only one person spewing hot air out around here.

Not just on here but on virtually every social media site that has covered this case.

Seems to be more desperation for the case not to be reopened than hot air.

Makes you wonder why someone is spending hours trying to defend the indefensible.

But then if the right people end up in jail the hot air blower is likely to be prisoner number 1666765

And so what are you doing with this case....?

Come clean now....

soon your question may be answered.

Yes, I've also heard your veiled threats before, also hot air.

Yes, we all remember the last spiel, international witnesses were coming from all around the world. Legal experts and dna experts were coming. Millions of baht donated and who were all those witnesses at court, can't think of one. Fool me once.

That's it. The evidence from the crime fell into two basic categories:

A. Anything that might point at the scapegoats. Unfortunately for RTP and prosecution, there's between nothing and scant little.

B. Everything else, which included evidence which pointed at others as perps.

Readers of KT threads get one guess re; which evidence was brought to show to the court.

Here's a partial list of evidence which DID NOT point to the scapegoats, so was either lost, discounted or destroyed by RTP:

>>> the bottle, Hannah's clothes, the hair,

>>> Running Man video (it was mentioned in court, but even the judges didn't think it showed either of the B2)

>>> CCTV of boat(s) leaving island right after crime, 59.9 hours of other CCTV from that night and morning (police said there was 60 hr>>> CCTV they looked at, but it showed nothing. Uh huh).

>>> CCTV from AC and In Touch bars

>>> CCTV of Nomsod entering apartment

>>> Data from Nok Air re; flight to Bkk on Monday morning

>>> interview with 3 fast boat driver(s) who were all too drugged to talk to police on day of, and day-after crime (they probably sobered up a few hrs later)....

>>> Money trail re; one of more of the following: Headman, Mon, NS, NS's lawyer, Headman's wife, Somyot, Jaktip, Panya, taxi driver, Somyot's wife, Big Ears Cop, Hoe Man, Stingray Man, and others.

That's the main reason the PM didn't want the Brits to do any investigating. NONE! ....because the Brits would have likely followed evidence to where it lead. Note: there are many of cases where citizens of one country are allowed (and welcomed) to investigate in another country. Even in Thailand. Just one example: a Dutch team who came to Thailand, years ago, to investigate a serial killer from Nepal. In that case, it was a farang low-echelon worker at Bkk's Dutch embassy who first uncovered the killer's trail. He alerted RTP to the g.h. where the suspect was staying. RTP showed up, but didn't arrest the suspect - said his passport was in order (it wasn't). The Nepalese man went on to kill a few more farang tourists before he was apprehended and jailed.

Good points Boomer but I respectfully suggest that the defence team should have been putting forward the evidence for your line of thinking. If you think the b2 are not guilty then you have to accept the defence did a pretty poor job and deserve some criticism.

So let's ask the question, are these men being helped or exploited?

If the mumbo jumbo team didn't come along the b2 would have received a life sentence. If the case is finished, they would immediately be entitled to apply for the kings yearly sentence reduction. With good behaviour and reductions they would be out by the time they are about 35 years old. They would possibly marry and go on to have a normal life. Now, with the death penalty , they must wait around 2 years for the appeal. Then anywhere from 3 to 5 years for supreme appeal if they lose. Then another 3 to 5 years to appeal for a kings pardon of the death penalty. So 10 to 12 years later, if commuted their life sentence reductions can begin.

So they will be lucky to be out by the time they are 50.

They are very young, I do question the advice they are being given by the mumbo jumbo team that got all of their defense stories off the Internet with absolutely nothing to back it up.

So let's ask the question, are these men being helped or exploited?

If the mumbo jumbo team didn't come along the b2 would have received a life sentence. If the case is finished, they would immediately be entitled to apply for the kings yearly sentence reduction. With good behaviour and reductions they would be out by the time they are about 35 years old. They would possibly marry and go on to have a normal life. Now, with the death penalty , they must wait around 2 years for the appeal. Then anywhere from 3 to 5 years for supreme appeal if they lose. Then another 3 to 5 years to appeal for a kings pardon of the death penalty. So 10 to 12 years later, if commuted their life sentence reductions can begin.

So they will be lucky to be out by the time they are 50.

They are very young, I do question the advice they are being given by the mumbo jumbo team that got all of their defense stories off the Internet with absolutely nothing to back it up.

The "mumbo jumbo team" that put them in jail for life, consists of RTP, judges and the Thai- judical system!

Do us all a favor and ask no more questions, please!