Inquests shows Briton died in Thailand after 'downing buckets of Vodka and Red Bull'

webfact

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His local pub will miss him.

Probably not as much as his son will. But never mind, you got your cheap shot in.

His son is probably better of now than being brought up by an a father who has no control over alcohol.

One of the most insensitive useless comments i've ever heard, may something like this never happen to you or any of your family..The more productive comments center around the possibility of fake alcohol, namely "methanol" ( as was said by some of the "wiser" contributors here) ..As was said a cheap shot, you can be rest assured that although he died of excessive consumption, it would be hard for anyone to stoop to the lower vibrational levels of your thinking..and realistically i would feel sorry for any child that had a father with a mind like yours,

Many, many years ago, a ex-girl friend took me to a big disco in Bangkok. We drank whiskey, not that much, but I had a 2 day hangover. Couldn't get out of bed at all the next day. And could barely walk the next. I told her this was strange as I did drink a bit, but not that much. She said the booze was fake. Wonderful...how about telling me that before I started drinking! I would have stuck with beer...

And yes, some of the comments are pretty pathetic.

What a collection of nasty little no marks this forum has become. I can't imagine how bitter and twisted inside you need to be before you start spending your time sneering at people who have died, in an online forum. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

Could not agree more. There are very sad people on this forum. I am sure if for one minute this young lad would have died as a result of what he did he would not have done it.

Never did this. Not a good exsuse for drinking yourself to death.

Seems a lot of you forgot you were young once, forgot about 'benders' with your chums. Forgot about your parents never knew what you were up to outside the home...

Sounds to me like a bunch of old guys with no memory to me...........rolleyes.gif

So - you never once went out with friends and got drunk?

Red Bull and Alcohol Cocktails

BY MORTALJOURNEY · NOVEMBER 18, 2010

Known as a Vod-Bomb, Birch, or a ‘DVR’ (double vodka red bull), the newest drinking trend amongst the college and high school aged crowd is a cocktail made by mixing vodka and a highly caffeinated energy drink, typically Red Bull. It is popular among the 18-30 generation in bars and nightclubs around the world. In 2010, an FDA study resulted in a ban placed on several manufacturers of caffeine and alcohol drinks.

A drink by any other name

VodkaRedBull2_thumb.jpg?resize=190%2C171An energy drink mixed with vodka may be known by several names.

Read more here: http://www.mortaljourney.com/2010/11/2000-trends/red-bull-and-alcohol-cocktails

Edited by metisdead
14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

The red bull concentrate doesn't contain a higher dose of caffeine, taurine etc as compared to the carbonated kind.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/clubbers-downing-red-bull-and-vodka-are-600-more-likely-suffer-heart-palpitations-241992

Clubbers Downing Red Bull and Vodka Are 600% More Likely to Suffer Heart Palpitations

Red Bull and vodka has become somewhat of a staple drink for club-going young people in need of an energy fix as they party till the wee hours of the morning.

However, scientists are finding more evidence that these caffeine-charged alcoholic cocktails are hazardous to one's health.

Researchers found that while the combination cocktail of uppers and downers can reduce some of alcohol's sedating effects, they also found that mixing alcohol with energy drinks can lead to a range of serious health problems like heart palpitations, sleeping difficulties as well as jolt and crash episodes.

*** Clik on link above for full story ***

With both the expotential rates that the liver breaks down, and the body excreats alcohol, you'd have to be a professor in both human biology and advanced calculus to even consider validating your first statement. Your second statement not only suggest you are neither, but also that you have serious alcohol issues that require addressing.

Note, you'll not be in a morgue a couple of times a year, just once a lifetime. "It up to you !".

Meh what a post. It's no secret that an average person's liver can burn& body excrete about 1 alcohol portion per hour, the only unknown variable was KG's, as we had the starting and ending time of the binge. If you are too stupid to count, doesn't mean that all the rest of us are. Also my consumption is less than nanny state-suggested "problem user" would have, but when I do get about a binge, I'll be drinking and having fun - though I don't know if you know the meaning of the latter... Also as you are not my physician, I don't really care about your input regarding my health, nor do I care about your snide remarks re; my intellectual properties, so you can just bugger off from the internet, as your post gave nothing to the discussion (nor the OP) - and it was a) offtopic.gif and B ) just a personal attack on somebody's person 1zgarz5.gif. Having strong feeling that you don't do as I suggested, at least check on the forum rules before typing your next post rolleyes.gif​.

jabis,,,,, you are some animal!!

drunk.gif I'll remember to drink to that, next timegigglem.gif

Edited by jabis

The red bull concentrate doesn't contain a higher dose of caffeine, taurine etc as compared to the carbonated kind.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/clubbers-downing-red-bull-and-vodka-are-600-more-likely-suffer-heart-palpitations-241992

Clubbers Downing Red Bull and Vodka Are 600% More Likely to Suffer Heart Palpitations

Red Bull and vodka has become somewhat of a staple drink for club-going young people in need of an energy fix as they party till the wee hours of the morning.

However, scientists are finding more evidence that these caffeine-charged alcoholic cocktails are hazardous to one's health.

Researchers found that while the combination cocktail of uppers and downers can reduce some of alcohol's sedating effects, they also found that mixing alcohol with energy drinks can lead to a range of serious health problems like heart palpitations, sleeping difficulties as well as jolt and crash episodes.

*** Clik on link above for full story ***

Read my post again, im not arguing against the point you are making.

Listen to yourselves, seems to be a lot of Saints posting here. The young guy done what millions have done before went on a bender on Holiday. He did not wake up!! It was not intentional, he did not mean to die and he probably had no idea he was drinking the cheapest toxins you can put in a bucket.

Show some respect have you never drank to much, never let go,, never had a heart. This young man has a family, son, partner, mother,father and maybe brothers and sisters. Who are you to lamblast him? Do you know him. Crawl back into your perfect little pods.

R.I.P. YOUNG MAN

he has a daughter not a son

And that makes a difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen to yourselves, seems to be a lot of Saints posting here. The young guy done what millions have done before went on a bender on Holiday. He did not wake up!! It was not intentional, he did not mean to die and he probably had no idea he was drinking the cheapest toxins you can put in a bucket.

Show some respect have you never drank to much, never let go,, never had a heart. This young man has a family, son, partner, mother,father and maybe brothers and sisters. Who are you to lamblast him? Do you know him. Crawl back into your perfect little pods.

R.I.P. YOUNG MAN

yes it means you don't know the facts.

he left his daughter twice in a short time to get incredible drunk in Thailand and even drank so much it killed him. he should have thought about his daughter a bit more while his mother looked after the kid and he was spending his cash on more important things for him

Edited by FritsSikkink

• 1 month later...

4x over the legal driving limit is not that much actually, typically 1 beer will put you over the limit

From around 7.30pm Mr Nicholson drank more than 20 bottles of strong lager and consumed shots of Sambuca.Mr Wilson returned early to his hotel but Mr Nicholson and two other friends stayed out and shared the buckets of vodka and Red Bull before returning at 1am.

Further tests showed he had 452mg of alcohol per 100ml of urine. Deaths from alcohol toxicity are expected at levels of 350 mg.

according to

http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/chiangraitimes4?dm_redirected=true#3006

20 pints (~0.57l/piece) for a binge starting at 16.00 would already give 820mg/100ml for a regular build adult male - so the maths is off already. 452mg/100ml is not deadly by a long haul.

EDIT: I can waste a 0.75l bottle of vodka, with a case (12x500ml) of beer during a night - and I weigh around 72kg - with every calculation I'd need to be in a morgue at least a couple of times per year.

We'll be waiting.

Brits and alcohol, its one thing they are famous for. When i was 17 and on a holiday in France we were doing our own parties going to the local supermarket and buying wine and stuff all young kids English Dutch whatever. Great fun but the Dutch had a lot more sense about alcohol then the English. Probably because they were not as strict in our country so we were used to it.

There were quite a few young Brits that ended up in the hospital, one girl i remember was standing up to pee.. just fell over (unconscious).. i carried her with the help of some others to her parents next day we learned she had been brought to a hospital. Ever since that time I have known about the English drinking culture. Sure there were some Dutch I knew that would do the same.. but they were a minority.

Am I to assume that based on a camp site encounter in France,years ago, that you have pigeonholed the "Brits" as a nation as being piss heads on holiday?Therefore it's OK for this you man to die because he is of that ilk.

I don't go to Samui for the same reason.

What a collection of nasty little no marks this forum has become. I can't imagine how bitter and twisted inside you need to be before you start spending your time sneering at people who have died, in an online forum. Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.

That is what I was thinking .

The only reason that I can think about why some posters are reveling in his death is because maybe they envy him somewhat .

Maybe they think " Hes lucky, hes gone......but Im still here !!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, its not a good idea to drink excessively, but he didnt deserve to lose his life because of it, a severe hangover would have been sufficient punishment

R.I.P. YOUNG MAN

not these days

There's an ironic photo at the link.

Also the drinking began before he got on the plane and didn't stop.

And some airlines continue to enable that level of excess by not vetting consumption ( it's far easier to get booze on many than it is to get water).Sad way for a young life to end.

** You really believe it is easier to get an alcoholic drink on a plane than water? That's just a silly thing to say.

Could not agree more. There are very sad people on this forum. I am sure if for one minute this young lad would have died as a result of what he did he would not have done it.

Your final sentence is a corker.

Sadly there's a certain percentage of Brit tourists who are plain wallies, and it's been that way for a while.

I remember picking the grapes in Beziers in southern France back in the early 70s and we all went downtown on Saturday night. We were enjoying a nice meal with some wine when a bunch of boisterous English lads came in, within an hour they were dancing on the chairs bellowing in unison, 'We won the war! Bet you frogs waz (sic) glad we saved your skin.' etc. total idiots.

The owner just shook his head in disbelief. He should have called in the gendarmes and given them a good hiding.

Same experience with English tourists, in France. Often blind drunk and acting like total idiots (not an English thing but a drunk thing).

There is just a large drinking culture in the UK (sorry for the generalization but this one is far less as the one made about Thais on this forum)

Of course there are English who are not like that, just like I am not the same as all the other Dutch. Its just that certain things are more common among people from certain countries. Dutch are known for their drugs and attitude towards drugs. That does not mean each and every Dutch guy is a stoner.

All generalizations are generalizations. You can't have one that is more than another.

They also are all BS.

They are just lazy thinking.

Edited by Bluespunk

Redbull and vodka can be dangerous !

I lost my cousin at the age of 28- thats all he ever drank !

i lost a briefcase once but never a cousin.
<deleted>