Nimmahaemin Noise: How do you cope?

larrychiangmai

I'm was planning to stay for a while at the Bliss Hotel in Nimmanhaemin but the noise was just too much for me. I came during the holidays and besides flights (and military exrcises), had to contend with loud concerts at a nearby park going on after midnight, loud music coming from bars in the business district and a loud speaker posted directly in front of the hotel, blaring loud messages on end for hours.

I mentioned the noise to the manager but his attitude was "what noise?" For some reason the night flights starting around 8 p.m. seem to be the longest and noisiest, and can be quite deafening.

Ear plus are useless.

It's an acquired taste, to be sure, but I personally would not recommend living anywhere near Nimman. Aside from the noise, the traffic is almost always horrible. But I've had friends living in that area and they love it. Lots of restaurants and happenings well within walking distance. So there are pluses and minuses, you get to decide.

It's an acquired taste, to be sure, but I personally would not recommend living anywhere near Nimman. Aside from the noise, the traffic is almost always horrible. But I've had friends living in that area and they love it. Lots of restaurants and happenings well within walking distance. So there are pluses and minuses, you get to decide.

I can agree with the traffic noise and the BIB are entirely useless at stopping it or slowing it down. I so seldom see a BIB anywhere but did see one today in a gold shop. Usually I see them in the bank or shopping. The rice rockets roar up and down its a wonder more don't get killed even with the rain and cold we have had the last few days. On the plus side and this is important you must always weigh the pluses against the minuses and noise here is inescapable it goes with the territory. We live in a condo close to KSK and need little transportation its safe with a pool and super cheap rent. Thats the trade off plus my g/f is starting to mimic my bad language each time a rice rocket roars by.

Edited by elgordo38

Wouldn't it be great if there were maps of Chiang Mai available at a reasonable cost, or if there was some type of website, where you could find a map of the city. I know CNX is quite new, and WW II seems like it was yesterday, but if you could only see it on a map......but then again, what are the chances that there would be jet noise, 2 km in a straight line from the end of an 1800 meter runway in the middle of high season in a large resort city?

do you hate humans!!!!!?!?!?!?!!?

i love to listen to the cacophony of sounds!!!!! i yell just to interact with the locals!!!!

once i got stuck in the middle-of-nowhere.....only heard crickets.......stuck there for 10-years......i cried every day!!!!

please let those other humans enjoy our gift of sound!!!!

*i'm only thousands of miles away....but i am with you in spirit!!!!!!!

Get some ear plugs,, everybody living abroad should have them

I recommend boots wax ear muffler.circa 100 bht for 5 pairs.

Cuts almost every noise out.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app