Phuket Vice Governor clears Laem Sing Beach of illegal vendors

webfact

V/Gov clears Laem Sing Beach of illegal vendors
Phuket Gazette

pkt1.jpeg
The V/Gov ordered the removal of beach furniture on Laem Sing after aerial photos supplied by a Gazette reader went viral. Photo: Gazette Reader

PHUKET: -- Phuket Vice Governor Chokdee Amornwat this week removed all the beach chairs and umbrellas set up by illegal vendors on Laem Sing Beach – one of Phuket's 'virgin beaches'.

The Vice Governor ordered the beach to be cleared after aerial photographs of furniture strewn across its sands were published by the Phuket Gazette, and went viral on social media earlier this month (story here).

“As soon as I received the report, I gave vendors five days to take all of the chairs and umbrellas off the beach. My officers have confirmed that this has now been done,” V/Gov Chokdee said.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/VGov-clears-Laem-Sing-Beach-illegal-vendors/62999?desktopversion#ad-image-1

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-29

Interesting that cameras have never been proposed for the beaches during the current "clampdown". Maybe they'd actually have to do something about some of the issues if they see what's going on and that's not really on the agenda for most officials for various reasons.

Interesting that cameras have never been proposed for the beaches during the current "clampdown". Maybe they'd actually have to do something about some of the issues if they see what's going on and that's not really on the agenda for most officials for various reasons.

No need, the DPM has declared that all is OK in Phuket.

Interesting how people request total surveillance each and every where.

Maybe they think different when they will have 3 governent CCTV cameras in their living rooms ?

... where should all the people sit on the beach ? [all the people who don't want or can't sit in the sand ?]

In some countries it's called "service" or "convenience" or "tourist friendly"

If the vendors come back tomorrow, do they get another 5 days to leave? biggrin.png

Without any punishment, there is no deterrent.

Their equipment should have been confiscated and they should have been fined.

Wow! For once I agree with you...

Interesting how people request total surveillance each and every where.

Maybe they think different when they will have 3 governent CCTV cameras in their living rooms ?

... where should all the people sit on the beach ? [all the people who don't want or can't sit in the sand ?]

In some countries it's called "service" or "convenience" or "tourist friendly"

While I agree CCTV aren't the answer to everything, especially here in Phuket where they don't seem to work most of the time or are of such poor quality they don't help solving crimes all that often, but occasionally they do.

Maybe people who don't like to sit on the beach, which is usually sand, should do something besides go to the beach? Sorry, but I've lived at the beach 60 years and I have no problem sitting on it and swimming in the ocean! Maybe you'd be better off sitting poolside and have a lounger, service and a nice safe place to swim... Or bring a mat, a towel or a chair, ice bucket and refreshments then take it all back home with you. That's how it's done most places in the world.

PS, I don't like tourists, never have, so I surely won't miss them on any of my local beaches... Cheers! Enjoy your holiday somewhere else. The beaches are public land, not for sale anymore to the local crooks by the local crooks! Keep it up Vice Gov. Chokdee!