True visions are hitting me for a cancellation fee. Who can I complain to?

davidst01

Look at this package True offer me on their True-h mobile app. 799baht for true visions+30kpbs internet+a phone package . Is it too good to be true? attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1454169435.290915.jpg

Yes I have this, except 30Mb/s-3Mb/s internet, + basic TV package and a free SIM card with 150 mins of calls per month. There is also the option of a land-line type phone which I did not need. Plus VAT so about 855 baht/month. There was some first time charge for the extra speed internet and a deposit for the hardware which I may have got refunded, can't remember. All installed for free although they tried to hit me up for an extra charge for 'extra wiring'.... until I told them to take it down and go away, then they relented. Free installation means free installation!

I was told the minimum contract was 1 year and beyond that there were no charges for cancellation..... haven't tested that yet! Fortunately I did not, nor was I asked to, set up any direct debit or auto-payment. I was warned many years ago that these are difficult to cancel.

Edited by jacko45k

Look at this package True offer me on their True-h mobile app. 799baht for true visions+30kpbs internet+a phone package . Is it too good to be true? attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1454169435.290915.jpg

Yes I have this, except 30Mb/s-3Mb/s internet, + basic TV package and a free SIM card with 150 mins of calls per month. There is also the option of a land-line type phone which I did not need. Plus VAT so about 855 baht/month. There was some first time charge for the extra speed internet and a deposit for the hardware which I may have got refunded, can't remember. All installed for free although they tried to hit me up for an extra charge for 'extra wiring'.... until I told them to take it down and go away, then they relented. Free installation means free installation!

I was told the minimum contract was 1 year and beyond that there were no charges for cancellation..... haven't tested that yet! Fortunately I did not, nor was I asked to, set up any direct debit or auto-payment. I was warned many years ago that these are difficult to cancel.

thanks. They havent told me about deposit and first time charge. Please tell the extra cost!

You could start by complaining to TrueVisions.

Waste of time, went to True Vision in October last and asked for service to be cancelled, 12 month contract had expired. Paid what was owed at that time and

nothing else said. Two months later, got an account for 1200bht. Went back and asked them to explain. Need modem' was reply, took modem to them, still wanted another 1200bht. as I had never been asked for the modem and was told that I had paid for it by the True Technician on installation.

Gave them the modem but stilll demanded the money.

I had prepared a letter and supplied it with the modem, to their dismay, turned and walked out. They do not listen, nor will they admit they made a mistake.

Just use another server, at best you will be blacklisted with True - so what?

They tried another one on my ex neighbor. He contacted True Visions to inform then he was leaving Thailand and therefore was advising them to cancel.

Response: 'Cannot, because a previous tenant at the same property left without paying his/her final bill. So when you pay the outstanding debt of the previous tenant we will discuss cancelling your subscription.'

Neighbor then said he would advise his bank to stop processing the automatic charges to his credit card.

Response: "You can't do that, when you sign to authorize charges to your credit card the agreement says that the only body that can stop the credit card charges if true Visions.'

Neighbor now in panic did pay the outstanding charges of the previous tenant and then after many calls eventually got confirmation that the charges to his credit card had been cancelled by True Visions.

He asked for a short -e-mail to confirm everything. Response: 'Cannot, we don't have any procedure to do that, bye.'

thats not true, you can cancel every payment, you can even cancel your credit card and ask for a new one,

or you can send a letter to the company that you not allow any card payment anymore!

and you never have to pay for a former contract of another person. this story is b*llsh*t

You could start by complaining to TrueVisions.

Waste of time, went to True Vision in October last and asked for service to be cancelled, 12 month contract had expired. Paid what was owed at that time and

nothing else said. Two months later, got an account for 1200bht. Went back and asked them to explain. Need modem' was reply, took modem to them, still wanted another 1200bht. as I had never been asked for the modem and was told that I had paid for it by the True Technician on installation.

Gave them the modem but stilll demanded the money.

I had prepared a letter and supplied it with the modem, to their dismay, turned and walked out. They do not listen, nor will they admit they made a mistake.

Just use another server, at best you will be blacklisted with True - so what?

They tried another one on my ex neighbor. He contacted True Visions to inform then he was leaving Thailand and therefore was advising them to cancel.

Response: 'Cannot, because a previous tenant at the same property left without paying his/her final bill. So when you pay the outstanding debt of the previous tenant we will discuss cancelling your subscription.'

Neighbor then said he would advise his bank to stop processing the automatic charges to his credit card.

Response: "You can't do that, when you sign to authorize charges to your credit card the agreement says that the only body that can stop the credit card charges if true Visions.'

Neighbor now in panic did pay the outstanding charges of the previous tenant and then after many calls eventually got confirmation that the charges to his credit card had been cancelled by True Visions.

He asked for a short -e-mail to confirm everything. Response: 'Cannot, we don't have any procedure to do that, bye.'

Edited by hugh2121

I once had a similar problem with AOL in UK. Despite telling them that I no longer owned any internet devices, they refused to cease collecting payments from my bank. I went to see my bank manager who explained that he could not cancel the payments as it was neither a standing order nor a direct debit but some other instrument which could only be cancelled by AOL. I asked what would happen if I closed my account and was told that payments would no longer be made. We arranged that my account would be closed at 23.59 that evening and be re-opened at 00.01 the following day with the same account no. The only thing which would not transfer to the new account would be the AOL payment. No further correspondence from AOL.

YES! Especially if you want international internet connection!
well I don't think so
Sorry. You don't think what? You asked is it to good to be true. I said yes it is to good to be true. Especially if you require a good international connection at all times. The reason I said this, is because TRUE throttle the international connection severely after 8pm

thanks. They havent told me about deposit and first time charge. Please tell the extra cost!

I have this and was a new customer. No deposit and no extra charges. May depend on how easy it is for the installation though.

That anybody still subscribe to True/UBC is beyond me.

I got my deposit back, 2,000 odd baht back when I canceled my subscription MANY moons ago. It took 2 months for the check to arrive, but it did arrive.

If you want broadcast satellite/cable TV and not internet, they're about the best. Especially if the Premier League comes back next season.
No they're not. They're the worst.

Much better, cheaper on-demand options readily available to most people here now.

You are NOT liable to pay any extra fees when cancelling your subscription. There is even a government department set up to prevent these companies bullying people into paying extra fees.

Sorry. I don't have a link, but I'm sure there is a thread on here somewhere with all the details.

And as for calling in immigration... what drugs is that genius poster on?

I once had a similar problem with AOL in UK. Despite telling them that I no longer owned any internet devices, they refused to cease collecting payments from my bank. I went to see my bank manager who explained that he could not cancel the payments as it was neither a standing order nor a direct debit but some other instrument which could only be cancelled by AOL. I asked what would happen if I closed my account and was told that payments would no longer be made. We arranged that my account would be closed at 23.59 that evening and be re-opened at 00.01 the following day with the same account no. The only thing which would not transfer to the new account would be the AOL payment. No further correspondence from AOL.

I did the exact same thing, bank said sorry, we have not the power to cancel a direct debit... You will have to continue paying it until the company cancels it

I said OK, just close all my accounts then , I'll withdraw the balance now... In cash

Please wait a moment sir, I'll just confirm with the manager

OK, the manager said your direct debit is cancelled, is there anything else we can do for you?

Works every time! :)

I got my deposit back, 2,000 odd baht back when I canceled my subscription MANY moons ago. It took 2 months for the check to arrive, but it did arrive.

If you want broadcast satellite/cable TV and not internet, they're about the best. Especially if the Premier League comes back next season.

Much better, cheaper on-demand options readily available to most people here now.

Even those without a decent internet connection?

If the OP can neither erect a dish nor have basic internet, then I suggest he move.

If the OP can neither erect a dish nor have basic internet, then I suggest he move.

As he already has Truevisions presumably he has their dish.

is 3mb download decent? That's all you need for Thai expat TV.

I believe it was a one time payment of 990 baht for the higher speed. There may have been a 3200 baht liability for the wireless router had I not completed a one year contract term. But to the best of my recollection everything was on my first bill which was just the monthly charge+990. You should check for yourself, I was fortunate that at the office in Pattaya BIGC-X mall there was someone who could speak great English and give me the details. That was over a year ago and the latest offers may differ. True recently ran some fibre-optic cable up my street so there may be better things to come... or better prices to come on the older cable network. I had one problem which was resolved quite quickly as a cabling hardware (amplifier) failure near my home. But beware, my Mrs has True telephone and complains about their call centre never answering and getting the recorded message run around,

Thai expat tv? Haha.If you wanna be limited to the junk from UK. Can watch filmon .tv for free .

I use this sometimes and it lets me down often at weekends and in the evenings.

I believe that is True 'throttling back' international bandwidth.....True also appear to block FilmOn.TV and I have to use a VPN.

And BBC Iplayer Downloads seem to have figured out my VPN and block that.

A friend who has 3BB Internet and Expat TV seems very happy with it.