Villagers demand answers from monk caught up in alleged sex scandal

rooster59

Yes, it happens all the time. And they don't lose face by going to the cops. But getting abused by the cops again, them asking you for really nasty details might do the rape once more..​

No mom, I keep it for me. BTW, I'm pregnant....I'm <deleted> involved in reading a <deleted> up story about monks. .thumbsup.gif

Major Rule Groups Of The Patimokkha

a) The Four Paaraajika — The Defeaters

A monk automatically falls from being a bhikkhu[1] by committing any of these four offences of Defeat:

sexual intercourse, murder, major theft, or falsely claiming supernormal abilities.

A bhikkhu who falls into any of these four Defeater offences thereby severs himself irrevocably from the bhikkhu community and is no longer considered a bhikkhu.

Just saying. coffee1.gif

They are just men in orange robes! Thailands brand of Buddism.

Celibacy, as in the Catholic church is a stupid thing and should be done away with as a bad idea getting worse. These guys are human after all and a sex drive is as normal as the desire for food.

I fully agree and admire Jewish religion for claiming the opposite. You cant become a rabbi unless you are married. How else can u give advise or give comfort to people if u dont know what they feel they reason.

When religious authorities of (nearly) all persuasions stop alledging that developing one's spirituality can only be achieved by suppressing one's sexuality, religions will have made a great step towards civilization.

Which, of course, is never going to happen because this hysterical attitude to sex has nothing to do with spirituality and everything to do with power, control, and manipulation. All in the name of the Holy One, of course.

when religion "stop alledging that developing one's spirituality can only be achieved by suppressing one's sexuality" it will disappear.

fighting with an animal urges in human, opposition conscious against instincts - this is what religion is all about.

but for sure consumerists and hedonists would like to have a religion which would indulge all their savage behavior... and such ""religions" are already exist in US for example - for a great pleasure of their customers.

Savage? Really?

So often people deprived of certain things, at some point boil over and the temptation is too much to resist. Drinking, not having sex, etc. Sex is a strong emotion and pretty basic to humans. I could forgive a monk for straying as long as it is consensual, not a child sick act, etc. Where is the Buddhist compassion and forgiveness?

Aesceticism has a long history of being a path to a high level of spirituality in many religions. Thai Buddhism is rather strict in this regard. Buddhist priests in Japan can marry, drink alcohol and eat meat. It's the degree of aesceticism that is different and some would say that influences the degree of spirituality

I thought monks weren't supposed to eat after noon?

That is the rule, but I know of very, very few Thai temples where monks don't get together about 4 or 5 in the afternoon, have a glass of fruit juice and maybe a cookie. Very few. coffee1.gif

Finally villagers take action........read the local news papers today...sextape with a 10 year old boy...culprit? a 35 year old monk....chased on the run from angry villagers and arrested in another wat.

I'm angry.

So often people deprived of certain things, at some point boil over and the temptation is too much to resist. Drinking, not having sex, etc. Sex is a strong emotion and pretty basic to humans. I could forgive a monk for straying as long as it is consensual, not a child sick act, etc. Where is the Buddhist compassion and forgiveness?

monks are fed by laity because they are monks and obey the rules of Sangha. if a monk wants to have sex - no problem, just become a laity, have sex and feed yourself.

and other monks and laity will feel a big Buddhist compassion and forgiveness for you...

Sex is a natural human activity, no religion should ban sex between two consenting adults, provided of course that it's male and female.

Buddhism does not ban sex. it gives a full choice what to do and face the consequences.

but some people volunteerly decide to joint to a monastic order - the Sangha - and obey it's rules. to reach the divine. because of this alleged divinity laity feed monks.

but some people want to be fed by laity and enjoy an animal side of his personality. they secretly give up there divinity but keep parasiting on conned laity. this is a problem.

and for sure for TVF sexpats it's very hard to imagine that somebody can volunteerly give up drinking and sex!

believe it or not, in Thailand there are still some people for whom conciseness is more important and enjoyable than physical pleasure...

lol

words fail me again.. thats twice in one thread a record in the making .....

• 10 months later...