NLA passes Criminal Code Act into law

rooster59

NLA passes Criminal Code Act into law

Thammarat Thadaphrom

BANGKOK, 30 January 2016 (NNT) - The National Legislative Assembly (NLA) has given its approval to the new Criminal Code Act, passing it into law with a unanimous vote.

The NLA voted 182-0 with 3 abstentions to promulgate the recently revised Criminal Code Act.

The new law is expected to allow legal proceedings to run smoothly while protecting the country’s best interests, as well as allowing legal trials to be held more productively.

The new law also empowers the President of the Supreme Court to transfer cases to other courts based on necessity or the appropriateness of given circumstances.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-30 footer_n.gif

"The new law is expected to allow legal proceedings to run smoothly while protecting the country’s best interests"

This says it all "the countries best interests" Like scapegoating the Myanmar two from Koh Tao and court action against Andy Hall, to name a few.

I noticed that throughout 2014/2015 the NLA passed laws with a typical 3 votes against, 3 abstentions and 3 not present.

Now in 2016 it's been typically only 3 absentions.

Now that's what I call really rubberstamped parliament. wai2.gif

You haven't noticed this is a "one party" parliament? The results seem pretty similar to PTP MPs following the party line (or risk losing their monthly stipend) even when the act being considered was Thaksin's amnesty, rejected by 100% of the Senate.

Remember the supposedly independent UDD member MPs speaking out, and then meekly falling in line?

I noticed that throughout 2014/2015 the NLA passed laws with a typical 3 votes against, 3 abstentions and 3 not present.

Now in 2016 it's been typically only 3 absentions.

Now that's what I call really rubberstamped parliament. wai2.gif

You haven't noticed this is a "one party" parliament? The results seem pretty similar to PTP MPs following the party line (or risk losing their monthly stipend) even when the act being considered was Thaksin's amnesty, rejected by 100% of the Senate.

Remember the supposedly independent UDD member MPs speaking out, and then meekly falling in line?

At least the strict attendance regulation announced September 2014 seems to have had effect ?

The NLA voted 182-0

where is the outrage machine churning out BS about "parliamentary dictatorship"?

yawn... coffee1.gif

Why would there be outrage? The NLA is not filled with constituent representatives and doesn't claim to br democratic. I guess you were trying to compare the outrage that happened with the amnesty vote...the difference is that many PTP members' supporters asked them to vote NO, but they votes YES anyway :rolleyes:

The NLA voted 182-0

where is the outrage machine churning out BS about "parliamentary dictatorship"?

yawn... coffee1.gif

Why would there be outrage? The NLA is not filled with constituent representatives and doesn't claim to br democratic. I guess you were trying to compare the outrage that happened with the amnesty vote...the difference is that many PTP members' supporters asked them to vote NO, but they votes YES anyway rolleyes.gif

... the difference is ...

actually, I think you completely miss the difference.

As for the why, why did you not recognize the rhetorical question?

Yawn. they can pass 100 Criminal Code Acts, each time with unanimous votes, and it won't be worth a satang if the laws are not upheld and/or the rot of privileged-being-untouchable remains deeply embedded in the Thai psyche. I can stand on a hill and wave my arms and shout, "No more war in the world!" ....and it would have about as much affect as this vacuous 'Criminal Code Act'.