Sanders transforms into contender, still pitches revolution

rooster59

While I support Sanders I tend to reply to his tweets with a different strategy concerning minimum wage. Goes like this: Raising the minimum wage to play catch up only condones what the financial elite have done to people around the globe. Better to hang them at high noon (or at least put them in jail for years on end) and redistribute the money they have stolen (legally or illegally) over the years.

Somehow I get the feeling that there will never be a day when a Wall Street banker looks out of his office window at a sizeable protest and says: You know... these people are right... give them their money back.

I guess the fact that whether they have actually broken any laws and been tried and convicted is immaterial. Edited by SpokaneAl

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While I support Sanders I tend to reply to his tweets with a different strategy concerning minimum wage. Goes like this: Raising the minimum wage to play catch up only condones what the financial elite have done to people around the globe. Better to hang them at high noon (or at least put them in jail for years on end) and redistribute the money they have stolen (legally or illegally) over the years.

Somehow I get the feeling that there will never be a day when a Wall Street banker looks out of his office window at a sizeable protest and says: You know... these people are right... give them their money back.

I guess the fact that whether they have actually broken any laws and been tried and convicted is immaterial.

Correct. Deceitful corrupt thieves that colluded with governments to enrich themselves to the detriment of millions of decent hard working Americans. Of course they didn't break any laws, they wrote them and successive governments enacted the legislation or looked the other way more focused on the money flooding into their election campaigns.

'Rome Is Berning': Bernie Sanders Is Swarmed by Supporters in Vatican City – But Doesn't Get to Meet Pope Francis

Bernie is a rock star in Italy.

Democratic hopeful Bernie Sanders made a whirlwind, 24-hour trip to Rome on Friday, where he found himself in the international spotlight as he was greeted by cheering fans bearing signs reading "Rome is berning."

Although Sanders didn't get to meet Pope Francis as he had hoped, the Vermont senator praised the pontiff in his 10-minute address at a Vatican conference on social justice, and later in an impromptu briefing with reporters from around the world.

Can you imagine the reception Trump would get in Italy? laugh.png or anywhere else? Yeah, I know the Trumpers will chime in soon that Italy is just another failed commie state and that Donald will be announcing soon that he is building a moat around Venice or something. wacko.png

http://www.people.com/article/bernie-sanders-rome-meet-pope-francis

Everyone loves Bernie. How did Bernie get to the Vatican so fast. What night was the Debate?

lmao "Rome Is Berning" very funny I missed that little pun.

Edited by up2u2

Bernie at the Vatican. His entire speech is the 2nd link. It's not long but it is obvious that some of those that could care less about people (our right wing posters) will never be able to get past the first sentence. http://www.wired.com/2016/04/vatican-sanders-moral-economy/?mbid=nl_41516

https://berniesanders.com/urgency-moral-economy-reflections-anniversary-centesimus-annus/

I guess the fact that whether they have actually broken any laws and been tried and convicted is immaterial.

Correct. If you think working for change completely inside the system will yield results favorable to the people I think you are mistaken. I wish the world worked that way. I was brought up to believe this is the way of humanity. But sadly it is not.

The bankers..the CEOs... politicians etc etc wake up in the morning and do not go about their day on a moral and ethical basis like the general population of the globe does. They concern themselves with extracting wealth and power where ever they may find it. That is a bold statement I know. But consider this:

The people are broke; the governments (the people by extension) are broke and the wealthy are sitting on trillions of dollars in cash.

There is no need for high level math here.

Thanks Sarge very powerful stuff by Bernie. I can see the Right Wingers gripping their chests and turning blue and then tumbling off their chairs unconscious lmao. A fair go for everyone and they lose their minds. lol

Bernie really is the man.

Correct. If you think working for change completely inside the system will yield results favorable to the people I think you are mistaken. I wish the world worked that way. I was brought up to believe this is the way of humanity. But sadly it is not.

The bankers..the CEOs... politicians etc etc wake up in the morning and do not go about their day on a moral and ethical basis like the general population of the globe does. They concern themselves with extracting wealth and power where ever they may find it. That is a bold statement I know. But consider this:

The people are broke; the governments (the people by extension) are broke and the wealthy are sitting on trillions of dollars in cash.

In tax free untraceable offshore havens of course.

Offshore havens are but one example.

The real story that is not discussed very much has to do with capitalism itself. In the early years of capitalism (and probably up until the 1980s in the USA) the surplus created in the capitalist economy would be reinvested. This in turn brought growth. It gave banks a purpose. Both for investors and savers. Generally this surplus capital created in the system would be reinvested inside the geographical boundaries of any given country. Foreign 'investments' were rare. (Unless you count in colonialism.)

With the reach of globalization, the investments realized in the capitalist system are really no longer subject to geographical boundaries. Knowing this the money people lobbied for, and won, favorable legislation to engage in business outside of the nations boundaries. Now, surplus money from one economic system can easily find its way into a foreign economy. So when the Fed started quantitative easing in full force, the people who benefited from the quantitative easing did not feel it necessary to use that money as investment in the USA. That money was invested in Brazil, China, Thailand, Vietnam etc etc. Through loans, through carry trade and all kinds of 'investments'. But very little of this money was invested in the US economy to stimulate jobs. Of course the reasoning is: there is no demand. Of course people bought this hook line and sinker. But I say... there is no demand because you stole all the money and credit is maxed out.

The real story is globalization. Nobody in the financial world is beholden to populations. They are beholden to money.

Edited by jmd8800

The real story that is not discussed very much has to do with capitalism itself. In the early years of capitalism (and probably up until the 1980s in the USA) the surplus created in the capitalist economy would be reinvested. This in turn brought growth. It gave banks a purpose. Both for investors and savers. Generally this surplus capital created in the system would be reinvested inside the geographical boundaries of any given country. Foreign 'investments' were rare. (Unless you count in colonialism.)

With the reach of globalization, the investments realized in the capitalist system are really no longer subject to geographical boundaries. Knowing this the money people lobbied for, and won, favorable legislation to engage in business outside of the nations boundaries. Now, surplus money from one economic system can easily find its way into a foreign economy. So when the Fed started quantitative easing in full force, the people who benefited from the quantitative easing did not feel it necessary to use that money as investment in the USA. That money was invested in Brazil, China, Thailand, Vietnam etc etc. Through loans, through carry trade and all kinds of 'investments'. But very little of this money was invested in the US economy to stimulate jobs. Of course the reasoning is: there is no demand. Of course people bought this hook line and sinker. But I say... there is no demand because you stole all the money and credit is maxed out.

The real story is globalization. Nobody in the financial world is beholden to populations. They are beholden to money.

You say this as if it is a bad thing. When it comes to finance the world is flat, as it should be.

You say this as if it is a bad thing. When it comes to finance the world is flat, as it should be.

Yes ..this is a bad thing. :) That is your opinion of 'what should be'.

It is a bad thing and the fact that one's refusal to recognize what it has done to not only America but the entire world and it's people shows one's lack of judgment, humanity, heart and soul (if there is such a thing). One that refuses to recognize the problem is part of the problem. A selfish "person" that like those on Wall Street could give a damn about anybody but themselves. I can remember when selfish people were looked down upon, not up to. My country has sunk a long way, we were never perfect, but never as mean spirited, selfish, greedy and non-caring as some have become today and it is destroying America and everything it was supposed to stand for. Hillary is one such person, Bernie is not.

Did y'all see in the news where Sanders is so work-shy he was turffed out of a Hippie commune for refusing to do his share?

And to think there's legions of folks who consider this buffon POTUS material? laugh.png

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/19/bernie-sanders-once-kicked-out-of-a-hippie-commune-for-not-working/#ixzz46QYCE8So

It has taken nearly 30 years to eliminate the American middle class and drive a stake through the heart of the 'American Dream'. To think that overnight you can simply turn that around is fanciful. It is estimated in China that in the next ten years there will be 580M citizens moving into the wealthy Chinese Middle Class. The Middle Class is the engine room of a Nation. It is the one that generates enormous wealth and power and resilience and innovation. America's Middle Class is extinct. The wealth has been transferred to the top 1% and Corporate America has shifted the entire Budget of the American bank account offshore in Tax havens. As can be seen in this election the Democratic system has been corrupted, The Supreme Court is corrupted by politically motivated, the Education system has $1 Trillion dollars in debt and rising, the Health system is an absolute basket case being the most unaffordable worst patient outcome when compared to ALL developed nations, Congress is controlled 'lock stock and barrel' by the wealthy elite and Corporate America.

Can Bernie turn it all around? No but he can identify each and every issue and put forward strategies to turn the ship around. It will take at least one generation to undo the damage of Republican Governments that have handed America over to the wealthy elite and the greed of Corporate America.

As Rudyard Kipling wrote: " If you can keep your head whilst all around you are losing theirs then you probably don't realise the seriousness of the situation"

Just to provide some better perspective about the USA presently and going forward, our situation is hopeless but not serious. laugh.png

Did y'all see in the news where Sanders is so work-shy he was turffed out of a Hippie commune for refusing to do his share?

And to think there's legions of folks who consider this buffon POTUS material? laugh.png

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/19/bernie-sanders-once-kicked-out-of-a-hippie-commune-for-not-working/#ixzz46QYCE8So

Bernie was just there for the free lovin. Good on ya Bernie you sly Dog.

Nobody in their correct (not "right") mind would believe anything in the daily caller right wing rag. Bernie is the only real candidate. Hillary is nothing but a Republican lite, like Obama, a bought and sold tool of Wall Street criminals and banksters. The Republicans long ago lost their ethic, moral, soul (if you believe in soul), heart, mind and any right to speak or represent the American people. And yep, anybody that supports any of the right wingnut Republicans is "dense, stupid, racist or worst". "they cannot merely recognize the ways they've come to hate their former allies" I would wager to say the hate started on the right and far too many of so-called liberals still need to learn to hate and fight. Recognize your enemy. The right is the enemy of the people and America itself. Vox, which does present some good stuff apparently has a resident right wing sympathizer. I have no sympathy for the right wing, and I'm no liberal, far left radical militant. Oh about that Washington Free Beacon: "The Washington Free Beacon describes itself as a nonprofit online newspaper. Published by the Center for American Freedom (CAF), a right-wing advocacy group chaired by media pundit and political strategist Michael Goldfarb, the Beacon has close ties to the neoconservative flagship journal the Weekly Standard. The Standards contributing editor Matthew Continetti serves as the Beacons editor and chief, while Standard editor Bill Kristol sits on CAF's board." Nothing but another right wing rag.

Sanders needs about 70 percent of the remaining primary votes to have a chance.

That's impossible and he knows it.

Leaks from the campaign reveal he's preparing for a dignified exit.

It will likely include not dropping out and going to the convention, but giving up hardball fighting for super delegates, because IT'S OVER.

Yes, he will promote support for Hillary Clinton campaign, once nominated.

No, he will NOT be Vice President.

Elizabeth Warren MIGHT be ... who face it would have been a much better candidate than Sanders in the first place.

Edited by Jingthing

It's not over until the fat lady sings and I don't even hear "do re me fa so do". Yes, it is and always has been a long row to hoe. Hillary will destroy what is left of the Democrat party, may not even get elected and will lose the Senate and even more seats in the house. The only reason people would vote for her (I won't) is a vote against what ever nut case is representing the nut case Republican party. Democrats will give up, once again if she is the candidate. Warren would never be her VP and indeed Warren is needed much more right where she is. In addition if Clinton gets in Warren will be a constant thorn in her side. Dime to a dollar Bernie will give lip service to her candidacy, not campaign for her, but not many of his supports will show up at the polls. I'll vote, but if she is the candidate it will be for the Green Party. I will vote for Democrats for Senate/House etc.

an HRC / Brown ticket? I'm referring to California governor Jerry Brown. ....with Sanders offered Sec. or Treasury, ....that would be interesting.

Sometimes a president will appoint/create an ad hoc committee to address a specific concern. It's not always a good thing, and the conclusion of the committee is not always heeded. I worked in Wash D.C. in the early 70's. I recall meeting a man who was appointed to a committee during the Nixon years, to study the effects of pot. After much study, the committee concluded that, far from being a dangerous drug (which, of course, it's not), ....that pot has possible medicinal uses (which we now all know it does). Nixon didn't like the resolutions, so he trashed the report. The man I met was bummed out that all their hard work was tossed in the trash bin.

Think about it: if the committee's findings were taken seriously, the War on Drugs would not have criminalized millions of Americans who were ordinarily just youngsters smoking some weed for kicks. Even Clinton and Bush Jr did it. Instead, America suffered the ravages of Nancy Reagan's (and all the other idiot conservatives') War on Drugs which has criminalized millions of decent people, poured billions or wasted money into law enforcement, and made mafia/big time drug dealers billionaires.

Anyhow, Sanders could head an ad hoc (specific task) committee, under an HRC presidency, to investigate Wall Street insiders and how best to deal with companies that are deemed, "too big to fail." The committee could also look into money being transferred overseas in order to avoid taxes.

Sanders, should he not win the nomination, would surely not accept any post in a Clinton cabal. Like Warren, he is much more needed in the Senate. And yes, he will be a thorn in the side of whoever is anointed emperor, like Warren. Yes, Clinton would offer them anything to silence them, I think to smart to fall for that. Clinton, should she be the anointed one will fail miserably like she has in everything else, except protecting Wall Street criminals, banksters, starting wars, and the industrial/spy/military complex. The empire will continue to crumble.

I don't think Sanders would entertain any notion of being in the HRC administration. Sanders is a person of principle. He will not compromise those principles. HRC is a morally and ethically bankrupt person in my view. She is 'on the game' to coin a phrase used on the street. Sanders cannot reconcile being in her administration.

I'd be interested to see how he handles the delegates he has acquired along the way. If I were Sanders, I would not purposefully send them to Hillary. I'd make her beg! J/K Honestly, there is a great divide between the two and this a good chance to define a new 3rd party going forward. But if he throws in the towel like candidates have in the past it will be a missed opportunity.

With a 3rd party advancing along moral and ethical lines and representing the people then Warren will have a platform in 4 years.

Screw Jerry Brown. He voted to give fracking all the water they requested during the worst drought in a long time and cutting farmers.

That's stupid. There's no need for Bernie to release his delegates. Hillary will have way more than enough to win first ballot. The question is whether Bernie will openly support that his supporters vote for Hillary in the general. Of course he will. Sanders won't be in her administration and neither will Brown. Brown's federal ambitions have aged out. He said as much.

Edited by Jingthing

One thing that doesn't come up often is this election debacle may actually bring about a viable 3rd party. The Democratic Party is so far to the right and in the pockets of corporations, plutocrats, Wall street criminals, banksters, the industrial/spy/military complex they no longer represent the people. They are the Republicans of the 50's at best. The Republicans, hell what can be said, a party that basically treads on being traitors. If Clinton secures the nomination, it was pre-ordained and rigged from the beginning, look for a break up. Same with whatever passes for the Republican Party. America will loose what might be it last chance to get back on the correct track with this so-called election if Bernie is shut out by the corporate Democrats. American Empire-tick tock, tick tock, American middle/working class-tick tock, tick tock.

I don't think the Reps are dumb enough to allow a real split in their party. If so, it would be Tea Party on one side, with Cruz and Palin among the heads. Moderate Reps would keep the GOP name, with people like Kusich, Romney, Ryan on the other side. Trump is too wishy washy to pick a side. Plus, after he loses in November, he'll cry foul, and then go back to what he really enjoys doing: borrowing tens of millions of dollars for short term casino investments. Maybe he'll pay the money back, ....maybe not. Maybe he'll hire Americans, maybe not. Regardless, he'll still keep his face on the front pages. If nothing else works to keep himself in the headlines, he can shoot someone in broad daylight on 5th Avenue. As he said, he won't lose any fans for doing that.

It's not over until the fat lady sings and I don't even hear "do re me fa so do". Yes, it is and always has been a long row to hoe. Hillary will destroy what is left of the Democrat party, may not even get elected and will lose the Senate and even more seats in the house. The only reason people would vote for her (I won't) is a vote against what ever nut case is representing the nut case Republican party. Democrats will give up, once again if she is the candidate. Warren would never be her VP and indeed Warren is needed much more right where she is. In addition if Clinton gets in Warren will be a constant thorn in her side. Dime to a dollar Bernie will give lip service to her candidacy, not campaign for her, but not many of his supports will show up at the polls. I'll vote, but if she is the candidate it will be for the Green Party. I will vote for Democrats for Senate/House etc.

Warren would never be her VP

Take it from me, type enough into a post and sooner or later something comes out that resembles reality. smile.png This principle applies to you to the nth power.

Dimes will get you donuts it won't be offered and if it were Sen Warren would never accept it. There's no offer coming however period.

First woman Potus is quite a leap so a woman vp candidate is an awfully thin proposition.

The name I heard just today sounds like something HRC would do, and that is Sen Tim Kaine of Virginia, the extremely popular former governor and the guy who has no enemies unless one counts the crackpot right. Kaine is former mayor of Richmond and former chairman of the Democratic National Committee. He wants Potus to appoint a gay person to Scotus.

Sen Kaine's contrast to Trump would cement the vote of suburban married Republican women and he'd attract the many Independent voters who are looking for someone they can vote for.

HRC is getting 80% support of D party voters in the primaries which is an extremely high figure for a D party (likely) nominee (D voters normally support their nominee in the 70th percentile) so HRC has to focus on the Independent vote while scooping up Republican voters who are fleeing their party in this election cycle.

In electoral terms in November, Kaine would attract voters from neighbor North Carolina where a swing of 3000 votes makes the difference in Potus elections. Sen Kaine would appeal in other normally swing states such as Florida, Colorado, nearby Pennsylvania and he'd have a great appeal in Ohio. He's clean as a whistle and he has ratings of zero from every crackpot lobby in the country, NRA especially.

Sen Kaine would be an excellent choice by HRC but there are others too, so no one should get too fixed on any one of 'em at this point, either fer or ag'n'.