Don't go to Kad Farang today

Thailand

Unless you have to.

The new premium outlet area next door opened today and the traffic is nuts. If you do and want to go back to Chiangmai go to the second u turn after you exit KF, everone else is using the first one and causing a big taill back.

Edited by Thailand

The only reason to go there in the first place is to catch a play when they have them.

Where do they have the plays?

I have reasons to go there and plays is not one. I go to Rim Ping and Som Tum Udon. There are also quite a few restaurants that have and are opening.

The only reason to go there in the first place is to catch a play when they have them.

There are no playhouses/theaters at Kad Farang, looks like you got it wrong again. 1503456.GIF

As usual...facepalm.gifgigglem.gif

Check-out the Gate Theater. They put on plays regularly.. Very professional. And, yes. at Kad Farang.

Edited by Duvidl

There are no playhouses/theaters at Kad Farang, looks like you got it wrong again. 1503456.GIF

Check-out the Gate Theater. They put on plays regularly.. Very professional. And, yes. at Kad Farang.

Don't you mean Kad San Keaw?

Not related to NJ are you? 1512039.gif

Where do they have the plays?

I have reasons to go there and plays is not one. I go to Rim Ping and Som Tum Udon. There are also quite a few restaurants that have and are opening.

They are on the 7th floor. Presented by the Gate theater company. About 5 or 6 a year all well done. Maybe you can find them on Google.

Sorry people my mistake it is Kad San Keaw.

On the positive side it is nice to see that some like plays.

Always nice to make a big mistake like that.

It gives some people an opportunity to feel good about them selves.

Edited by northernjohn

So, after all the senior moments: what kind of stores/outlets are there at the new place near Kad Farang?

https://www.facebook.com/PremiumOutletChiangMai/photos/p.213108679035032/213108679035032/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/PremiumOutletChiangMai/

Looks like a place you need to be sure you have your Platinum card with you. biggrin.png

So, after all the senior moments: what kind of stores/outlets are there at the new place near Kad Farang?

Passing by saw a Nike store - but betting no sizes 46-48....Also a LaCoste store....Those were closest to the street last Friday when we drove by.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Anyone know if they have REIT's for these outlet malls? They have them for moobaan's, etc. I would guess the outlet malls will go over well in Thailand as Thais love to shop for name brands. When the shares are first listed they usually have a yield of 7-10%. I used to hold outlet mall REIT's in the USA. Share prices stayed very stable; never going more than 5% either way. Strictly a dividend play. Of course I would never go to one of them as I could care less about name brands.

Went today, still very busy.

Many brand name shops with up to 50 % off brand name prices. Er indoors says prices similar if not better elswhere in Chiangmai.

Expect to see lots of tourist buses there in the future.

I took a look today to check sizes. There were some random size-12 (UK46/47) shoes in the Nike and Adidas stores, but the shirts (in several shops) were all max Asian XL- I'm a US L/XL depending on brand, but I'd need minimum XXL (of which there were none) in the outlet shops- I tried on a few to check, and they were all too tight in the shoulders. If you're a bigger guy, you're not going to find very much that fits.

Edited by flare

I heard there was a golf shop there. Any confirmation?

Yes, but NOT outlet prices! Plenty of brand names.

I asked one of the staff if they had Pro Kennex as have a couple of woods I like, blank looks, then found I was standing next to them!

Sportsworld, when they have them are much cheaper.

https://www.facebook.com/PremiumOutletChiangMai/photos/p.213108679035032/213108679035032/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/PremiumOutletChiangMai/

Looks like a place you need to be sure you have your Platinum card with you. biggrin.png

Better to be a place where you find you do not have your Platinum card with you.