Trial of airports’ seizure by PAD protesters in 2008 begins

webfact

If you honestly think that taking over the airport was nothing more than a "peaceful sit in", you seriously need to go back and read the reports of what happened. I'll briefly recap for you.

ARMED thugs controlling the entrances and exits to the airport.

Attacking and assaulting police officers, injuring one so severely he was hospitalized for nearly a week.

Attack police vehicles, smashing windows and slashing tires.

SHOOTING at police vehicles, and even a news truck they "mistook" for a police vehicle. Yeah, the words "News" and "Police" on the vehicles look a lot alike, don't they?

Leaving one of their own behind, dead, stabbed to death, wrapped in a tarp and stuffed into a small storage room.

I suggest that before you make "inaccurate" (read: Bullshirt) statements, you get your facts straight first. Otherwise, it really make you look incredibly ignorant.

Just1Voice---- I am not saying you are wrong about what you state , but when you make claims about dead bodies wrapped in tarp and hidden--People shooting at at the police and and news reporters etc...... Police beaten & hospitalised could you assist us & at least leave a link.

Because I also lived through this--- & It makes me run to the internet......& I just can not find these reports.

Wiki---which I suppose should be viewed as unbiased--as it was written after the dust had settled- reports on the casualties as such

120 people were injured in the unrest, most of them UDD demonstrators.[135] At least 1 UDD protester was injured from gunshot wounds sustained during the military's attack in Din Daeng, although the Army claimed the wound was not caused by their standard firearm.

No dead bodies stabbed & found hidden at the airport----but there were lots of claims of deaths from both sides....The UDD (red) claimed that at least 6 of their people were killed & the bodies taken away... The PAD(Yellow) claim that at least 2 of theirs was killed & the bodies taken away. There were 2 bodies found in the Chao Phraya river a week latter (known to be Red) although Police have still not connected those to the Airport

Army chief Anupong Paochinda swore on his life that no lives were lost as a result of his security operations.[138]----Wiki

Once again---not saying your wrong--maybe their all lying, but if you want to call people inaccurate/ incredibly ignorant/making Bullshit statements.

Provide a credible link to prove that they are wrong & your statements are right.

Thanks.

I understand what you are saying, and why. My response is for you to go back and read BK Post, The Nation and Kaosad English for that time period. They all covered it extensively.

Edited by Just1Voice

hopefully all these yellow shirts will be found guilty and be locked up, doesnt matter the colour of the shirt or who you support this sort of crap has got to stop. Once all these idiots are locked up they can then do the same with all the redshirts for what they did in Bangkok and have carried on since, then of course there is suthep and the mad monk.

So this lot are charged with Terrorism,for which was a peaceful sit in,although disruptive,

while the Red shirts,who bombed,terrorized,used weapons of war,and committed arson

on a large scale,were never charged with terrorism.

regards worgeordie

Hi Worgeordie, correct, but depends on what value you put on human life, 90 of them ( Reds) were executed and 2,000 badly wounded during the rampage by the Yellow Shirt military enforcers 2010.

Do not agree with what they ( Reds) did in and to Bangkok but if you insist in oppressing the poor then Thailand will follow everywhere else that has had a revolution and expect further mayhem until the Yellow shirts withdraw their military occupation of the Prime Ministers office. There will be truckloads of potential for future unrest ahead.

I fully understand you when you say it is against the law to be unhappy in Thailand but no govt can pull that one for very long.

A red bias point of view........

Standing back and looking at it from a neutral point of view it would seem that the majority of Thais are not yellow supporters politically, I would suggest, with respect, that you ignore that factor at your peril. I can think of no country anywhere in history that has consistently denied its citizens self determination that has not paid a price in blood. I agree with you that Thailand is different and unique but I submit that its people are human and have feelings which will come to the boil eventually. Why is it when anyone posts from a position of common sense one gets accused of being a Red Supporter?? I am not Red supporter, I am a mathematician.

if it was common sense you would have posted facts and not innuendo, you also conveniently left out how the red terrorists were bombing, burning and shooting well before the govt tried to stop it, also left out thaksin(who paid them to do it), the ptp and the red leaders continually called on them to burn Bangkok. Seems that as a mathematician stating real facts and what actually happened is not important enough, strange that is exactly what the red supporters do too. Way past time for all the yellow and red shirts to stop screwing up the country for their bullsh*t political reasons and the extra cash they are paid, be good if all their apologists buggered off as well

Considering the Supreme Court ruling in 2014 that found the PDRC's blockade and occupation of the Government House was protected under freedom of speech, PAD will also be found not guilty.

Good to know that it DOES exist in Thailand when it is convenient rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

More human rights groups agree with the Red Shirt side rather than the yellow shirt side (a good name for them) concerning this entire debacle. Most liberals here focus on what agrees with their ridiculous views instead of the facts!