Promenada Resort Mall - getting there & what's there ?

only1

Can I know is this mall bigger than the Festival Mall ? Is there any Black Canyon Coffee, Doi Tung or Doi Chang Coffee ?

From the Night Bazaar area, is it advisable walking there and anything much to see along the way ?

Will the usual red songtheaw able to take me there for 20 baht ?

It's the home of Immigration Promenada, where foreigners have to go for their annual retirement visa extensions and tourist extensions. Also you can submit 90 day reports and get re-entry permits there. It's heaving with anxious expats at 8 am -- all wondering if they'll get a queue number that when they start to distribute them at 8:30 am.

The place has a totally different vibe every Thursday thru Sunday evening, starting at 5 pm. The outside area, near where the anxious expats wait for their queue numbers transforms into what they call "Great Night Out @Prom" with an even larger crowd of mostlyThai people enjoying numerous food and beverage offerings and live bands. The restaurants in the mall (like Duke's and Ragu) do excellent business on those evenings. It's difficult to find a place to park on those evenings.

They operate a shuttle bus from several hotels in the central city and Night Bazaar area. http://www.promenadachiangmai.com/en/news-events/Update%20Shuttle%20Bus%20schedule/30

Mark your diary -- the Siam Cat Show is coming to Promenada on February 20: http://www.promenadachiangmai.com/en/news-events/Siam%20Cat%20Show%20By%20Proplan/134

It would take a while to walk from the Night Bazaar. No, you won't get there for 20 Baht either.

It's not bigger than Central Festival but there's a different range of stuff and it has the best Rimping in town. Yes, it has coffee shops.

no need to spend one satang to get there! there is a free shuttle bus

There is a free shuttle from the Le Meriden. The first one leaves from there at 11:58 in the morning.

The next one is at 1:30 in the afternoon and then every hour at half past the hour up until 9;30 at night.

The returns start at 1;00 in the afternoon and run at the top of the hour until the last one at 9:00 at night

I got these times off a schedule I picked up yesterday at the information in the mall.

Friday and Saturday night it leaves at 10:58 at night. Latest return is 10:30 at night

I would get there a little earlier as I have seen them leave a few minutes early. It has a black Canyon there and several other coffee shops. It also has 6 movie theaters there. I believe most of the banks have a branch there also. Toy's or us has a store in there also. The only one in Chiang Mai and the Rimping market is the biggest one Rimping in Chiang Mai. As has been mentioned it has several nice restaurants including a KFC It is two buildings with a different lay out than the square ones. Not a lot of people there as it is a bit far from Farong land. I feel comfortable there as it is not crowded.

Thank you !!

Especially NancyL and northernjohn for the details. Though a little confusing on the schedule esp the 10.58 ?

Thailand Malls are always interesting. I still visit Kad Suan Keaw for afternoon coffee at its Black Canyon.

Next week, I will look forward to Maya and Promenada.

Edited by only1

Festival has 5 levels, Promenada has 2 and has a totally different feel

It has a really good Rimpings and the Duke and thats about it, unless you like to go to the bank and have the entire staff there available to help you

Yeah, I know what you mean about the bank staff. I've been to the Bangkok Bank @Prom maybe four times and they greet me by name when I enter.

Don't forget about Ragu Restaurant. It's really nice -- different menu than Duke's and cozier.

Festival has 5 levels, Promenada has 2 and has a totally different feel

It has a really good Rimpings and the Duke and thats about it, unless you like to go to the bank and have the entire staff there available to help you

Yeah, I know what you mean about the bank staff. I've been to the Bangkok Bank @Prom maybe four times and they greet me by name when I enter.

Don't forget about Ragu Restaurant. It's really nice -- different menu than Duke's and cozier.

It has several Japanese restaurants a wine connection Ragu is Italian and for fine dining a KFC

Sorry no Starbucks but several other places that are nice for coffee. I am not saying I like Starbucks but many do. As for the different shops there are many but they keep changing. I believe there is a power buy in there also. All in all worth looking around and if you don't like it you need not go back.

Seriously, don't waste your time going to Promenada unless you want to go to Immigration, the cinema, Rimping or Dukes. There really is squat there. I walked around after my last visit to Immigration. Think it took me all of fifteen minutes two walk round both halves of it, both floors. Not one single shop worth looking in IMO.

Seriously, don't waste your time going to Promenada unless you want to go to Immigration, the cinema, Rimping or Dukes. There really is squat there. I walked around after my last visit to Immigration. Think it took me all of fifteen minutes two walk round both halves of it, both floors. Not one single shop worth looking in IMO.

In your opinion, which mall in CM is worth more tme ?

Considering you can pay your electric bill at Airport Plaza, and take care of a lot of things...including business at the banks that pay much higher interest than the banks at Prom............and Baan and Beyond is pretty good.....and 10 thb gets you to and from the old city on Yellow...I will give them the prize, and if you're really having a bad day, you can walk for fifteen minutes to the CNX terminal, and leave town. KSK lives on, and is even easier to get to for many, and has one of the best BKK Bank branches in the Province, a good evening market out front, with tons of stuff to do in the surrounding area; beer promos, computer parts, massage, Santitham, RAM Hospital, or Heaven forbid, Maya are all a stones throw away. Sorry to report a hair in my noodle soup, in the basement....perhaps I should have tried some dog vomit at the Iraqi restaurant.....but AIS gave me a new phone.

If you're looking at Thai girls legs ....... Central Festival wins hands down.

If you actually want to go shopping (shoes/clothes/sportswear)......... KSK.

The Cinema .............. I prefer Maya.

All of the others.....Unless you want To walk uninteresting wide open spaces....Look for a food court that no longer can afford to exist.....Shop at stores that for some reason haven't already fled the place.....Watch immigration with a stop watch.....Or walk around a mall design that would have been better as an airport - there's not much to see....It is about the most inconvenient shopping experience you could ever imagine.....Small wonder the parent company is in bankruptcy.... Edited by pgrahmm

As others have said Airport Plaza, KSK or Maya. Can't understand why you might think Airport Plaza is too small for a visit? It has I'd reckon 20-30 times the outlets that Promenada has, maybe more. If you're a slow browser I think Airport Plaza could easily drag out to a full day, esp if you do the Baan and Beyond and Power Buy stores and plan to eat as well. But the legs ARE better at Central smile.png

I'd even rather spend a morning browsing the outlet village at Kad Farang than go to Promenada. If you plan a morning at Promenada, arriving at 10:00, make sure you have a 'next' on your timetable for 10:30.

Edited by SooKee

As others have said Airport Plaza, KSK or Maya. Can't understand why you might think Airport Plaza is too small for a visit? It has I'd reckon 20-30 times the outlets that Promenada has, maybe more. If you're a slow browser I think Airport Plaza could easily drag out to a full day, esp if you do the Baan and Beyond and Power Buy stores and plan to eat as well. But the legs ARE better at Central smile.png

I'd even rather spend a morning browsing the outlet village at Kad Farang than go to Promenada. If you plan a morning at Promenada, arriving at 10:00, make sure you have a 'next' on your timetable for 10:30.

In wide open spaces, do you mean I must go across a lot of unsheltered areas ? I don't like that. Will schedule for just 2 hours then, Black Canyon coffee included.

In wide open spaces, do you mean I must go across a lot of unsheltered areas ? I don't like that. Will schedule for just 2 hours then, Black Canyon coffee included.

I would much rather do super market shopping, movies and eating at promenada. Much easier to get a park, less people and most importantly the mrs doesn't get lured into womens clothes shops since there are none. It's kinda perfect actually. Yes i get dragged to central for my annual clothes shop which takes me all of 15 minutes.

I would much rather do super market shopping, movies and eating at promenada. Much easier to get a park, less people and most importantly the mrs doesn't get lured into womens clothes shops since there are none. It's kinda perfect actually. Yes i get dragged to central for my annual clothes shop which takes me all of 15 minutes.

You go shopping with your wife?

Why?

You go shopping with your wife?

Why?

Mate if i had my way id still be wearing the same underwear from 15 years ago

I have often wondered if they had pretty much the same things as the other Malls. Only not in 20 different shops. Some day going to have to take the time to look all around both buildings. My big complaint there is the dim lighting in the Rimping.

I have often wondered if they had pretty much the same things as the other Malls. Only not in 20 different shops. Some day going to have to take the time to look all around both buildings. My big complaint there is the dim lighting in the Rimping.

That's to stop people saying "How much for that f&@#!?g cheese!"

:)