Israeli teens sentenced for Palestinian boy's burning death

webfact

Palestian police and courts are completely controlled by Israeli military government.

Suggesting the contrary is proving not understanding the OP and the Israeli social and legal boycott/blockade since its occupation.

A third accused (adult) has not been sentenced in this case.

Kidnapping of the victim happened in East Jerusalem. The killing was in Jerusalem.

But the crime happened in war time. For me it's a war crime and should be tried by an International court.

Cheers !

Palestinian police and courts are not completely controlled by "Israeli military government". Suggesting this proves not having much of real clue - not with regards to the OP, and not with the rest of the usual ramblings. Nothing new there.

The third accused will be sentenced, just a matter of legal delays. Even if the bogus insanity plea will somehow be accepted, he will still go behind bars. Trying to make it sound otherwise is all very routine, but incorrect.

The kidnapping took place in an area annexed by Israel, and therefore Israeli law (as opposed to the Israeli military law) applies. This is, partially, the reason that the convictions were pretty straightforward. While it may have suited propaganda purposes to advocate the trial as a matter for an international court (and can't offhand recall this ever being seriously suggested), justice would not have been served any better.

As for "the crime happened in war time" - what war would that be? Israel is not officially at war with the Palestinian Authority, nor is it at war with Jordan (the previous de facto sovereign). Additionally, unless mistaken, family members hold Israeli ID's.

If Israeli annexation is illegal according to international law, how does that make Israeli laws military or otherwise in East Jerusalem and the West Bank legal? Legal in the eyes of only one country in the world.

There was no claim that Israel's annexation of East Jerusalem is internationally accepted.

But apparently, the ruling of the court, in this case, is not being challenged on these grounds. At least not by anyone other than the regular crew of posters.

The point made was that insisting on making this a show case trial for the annexation issue, is counterproductive to serving justice with regard to the case at hand. If such notions were to hold sway, the trial and sentencing would be delayed for years, and a similar outcome would have been less than assured. Now that's good and well if the main concern is propaganda and fighting for the cause, less so if valuing individual justice.

Nobody is claiming the Israeli system is perfect or that the Palestinians don't have valid grievances, but this case does show, yet again, that Israeli Jewish law violators are not immune from prosecution when the victims are Palestinian Arabs. I realize the obsessive Israel demonization movement which has proven time and time again that it doesn't accept the right of Israel to exist or defend itself will try to suggest such prosecutions are propaganda. Israel demonization -- the "gift" that keeps on giving.

You're absolutely correct, but Arab/Muslim phobia has really gone off the charts. So, please let it be finally made abundantly clear, that Palestinians are not Arabs! In fact, a very large constituency of the former PLO activists, are factually Coptic Christians, not Muslims.

Edited by TuskegeeBen

Back to the OP.

An interesting article from Haaretz into the background of the OP Abu Khdeir's Killers, and what radicalized them.

Where Did Mohammed Abu Khdeir's Murderers Come From? The Lost Children of Israel

. Teens in ultra-Orthodox neighborhoods and towns are susceptible to canvassing by Kahanist and other racist groups. They're being overlooked.

Nobody is claiming the Israeli system is perfect or that the Palestinians don't have valid grievances, but this case does show, yet again, that Israeli Jewish law violators are not immune from prosecution when the victims are Palestinian Arabs. I realize the obsessive Israel demonization movement which has proven time and time again that it doesn't accept the right of Israel to exist or defend itself will try to suggest such prosecutions are propaganda. Israel demonization -- the "gift" that keeps on giving.

You're absolutely correct, but Arab/Muslim phobia has really gone off the charts. So, please let it be finally made abundantly clear, that Palestinians are not Arabs! In fact, a very large constituency of the former PLO activists, are factually Coptic Christians, not Muslims.

Not that it's on topic, but could you possibly quantify that bit of oddity?

Indeed! I've been there, lived there, and have the "oddity" T-shirt to prove it. Now, is that tidbit of data, quantitative enough for you? Huh?

Indeed! I've been there, lived there, and have the "oddity" T-shirt to prove it. Now, is that tidbit of data, quantitative enough for you? Huh?

Been there too... but the above is not an answer. You are not convincing anyone.

• 2 months later...

. To say that the Israeli system of Justice isn't perfect is just a mealy-mouthed way to avoid making a judgement. No system of Justice is perfect.

. To say that the Israeli system of Justice isn't perfect is just a mealy-mouthed way to avoid making a judgement. No system of Justice is perfect.

I don't know what you're on about. You want me to act as "judge" for the entire justice system of a sovereign nation? That's unreasonable. I made my point clearly. The Israel demonization agenda only sees pure evil in anything that the Israeli government does to the point of it's obvious opinion that Israel shouldn't have ever existed in the first place. This case is some evidence to more rational people that simply isn't true. In this case, a horrible crime was committed and the guilty parties are being held accountable. Is that always the case in Israel or any other nation? Dude, what do you think? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Democracy at work in Israel, yes, not all is sugar and honey, but at least they appear to install

equality for all when it come to home grown terrorists, unlike other Arab country and the Palestinians

authority that just yesterday Mahmoud Abbas has hosted a party to the relatives of terrorists

who died while committing terror acts.......

only because the case is alleged, documented and known all over the world.

otherwise, those two inhumane monsters were still killing and burning other Palestinian boys right now.

There are thousands of such cases and no one jailed.

Edited by Galactus

Democracy at work in Israel, yes, not all is sugar and honey, but at least they appear to install

equality for all when it come to home grown terrorists, unlike other Arab country and the Palestinians

authority that just yesterday Mahmoud Abbas has hosted a party to the relatives of terrorists

otherwise, those two inhumane monsters were still killing and burning other Palestinian boys right now.

There aren't thousands of cases such as this one.

There aren't even thousands of cases.

This is not even hyperbole, but pathetic lies.

Indeed and VERY typical of posts by supporters of the Palestinians on this forum. Why is it that they have to constantly spin, wildly exaggerate and lie to make their case - often while disputing proven historical facts?

Edited by Ulysses G.

Indeed and VERY typical of posts by supporters of the Palestinians on this forum. Why is it that they have to constantly spin, wildly exaggerate and lie to make their case - often while disputing proven historical facts?

Your statement would be spot on if you changed the word ​Palestinians to Israelis.

​Like the canned-laughter in American sitcoms, it is as predictable as it is irritating.

Edited by seedy
quote error

You forgot to add then knowingly repeating the lies and hyperbole even after they have been debunked.

Every 3 days since the creation of Israel, a Palestinian child died by the Israeli illegal occupation...

Every 3 days since the creation of Israel, a Palestinian child died by the Israeli illegal occupation...

And this statistic, whether accurate or not, is relevant to the posts above...how?

There aren't thousands of cases like this one, it is way out there by any count.

Is it your claim that all said Palestinian children were murdered ? By Israeli civilians? Nothing to do with warfare?

Posting controversial statistics out of context is one of your "things". Pretty much sums up the comments above.

There are many things Israel can and should be criticized about, there is no obvious need to post misleading information, over and over again.

coffee1.gif

I don't know what you're on about. You want me to act as "judge" for the entire justice system of a sovereign nation? That's unreasonable. I made my point clearly. The Israel demonization agenda only sees pure evil in anything that the Israeli government does to the point of it's obvious opinion that Israel shouldn't have ever existed in the first place. This case is some evidence to more rational people that simply isn't true. In this case, a horrible crime was committed and the guilty parties are being held accountable. Is that always the case in Israel or any other nation? Dude, what do you think? rolleyes.gif

No one is asking you to judge the entire justice system of a sovereign nation But you wrote this when the point was raised about Israeli infliction of collective punishment. You know, blowing up a house when a relative was involved in a bombing or something similar. This is a practice that that most, if not all other civilized nations abhor. And condemning it doesn't call for judging an entire system of justice.Just that practice As you probably know, there's lot's of condemnation in the US for the police confiscating cash and property when they don't believe that the person possessing it can legitimately account for it. Without due process. And if someone were to ask me about it, I wouldn't say, "No one is claiming that the American system of Justice is perfect." I would and do condemn that practice.

As far as I'm concerned that last post said basically nothing.

Good all purpose nothing of a response.

wai2.gif I graciously grant you the honor of the last word on nothingness. wai2.gif

post-37101-0-88240500-1462460792_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing