Konstantin's Vlog: Hooters Grand Opening 2016

Inspire

Konstantin's Vlog: Hooters Grand Opening 2016

Hooters, world known American pub is coming to Pattaya! At last! We couldn't miss this kind of event, so check out vlogger from Pattaya, who went there to hang out.

inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 2016-02-06

Fine that he likes Hooters but can't agree about his statement that there's been no place to hang out and relax with friends before this...dozens of places...Gullivers, Havana, Hoft House (just a few steps away), Witherspoon's, Jamison's, The Green Tree, and The Sportsman are just a few that come to mind.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Fine that he likes Hooters but can't agree about his statement that there's been no place to hang out and relax with friends before this...dozens of places...Gullivers, Havana, Hoft House (just a few steps away), Witherspoon's, Jamison's, The Green Tree, and The Sportsman are just a few that come to mind.

He's just making it up as he goes along. :)

Well if there is going to be lots of Russians going there, I won't!!!

Assuming that he is Russian?

He clearly says that he "originally came from Ukraine".

Not (yet) Russia.

If you had a look at the menu/prices (as I did), then you will need to find some wealthy Russians to fill this place.

It's quite obvious that this is not an unbiased/self motivated report.

It's promotion.

Well if there is going to be lots of Russians going there, I won't!!!

Assuming that he is Russian?

He clearly says that he "originally came from Ukraine".

Not (yet) Russia.

If you had a look at the menu/prices (as I did), then you will need to find some wealthy Russians to fill this place.

Perhaps more accurate to say "at the present time not part of Russia (or more correctly USSR) and who knows about the future with the Crimean/oil/gas situation?

Nice man, another cool addition to Pattaya, it makes it such a nice place with all the options we got here, I could not imagine myself living up in Isaan because I will miss all the buzz.

Thankfully we all have a choice what we want to do here, I never managed to go and see the Teddy Bear museum and I doubt I ever will, but I don't mind it's here.

Goodbye old raunchy Thailand, hello ersatz-smile Thailand.

You can still get as raunchy as you want to in Pattaya, maybe more so than ever. Guess you better visit some other forum and get clued in.

Tell us about the raunchiness you've seen at the other restos around town? I don't recall ever seeing any at for example Pig and Whistle or hearing any complaints about the lack thereof. Seems this is the ONLY restaurant opening biggrin.png ever to stir up our doomsayers, Why's that?

Questioning the sincerity of the Thai smile has been a farang sport since forever, classic really. Time for you finally to jump in?

Next silly, irrelevant little bash.

They must be the owners on the cart. Looks like Russian heads to me. Also looks like the place will be full of silicone. I guess some are going to like it but not for me.

Hmmh. Hooters is a franchise, right? Might well be Russian led in that case.

I stayed at the hotel next to the Hooters in Bangkok. I checked the menu and the prices they are charging are even more than they charge in the states. I assume their business will be off of tourist that know nothing better about prices. I suppose it has to do with import taxes or something ? But the prices are just plain stupid. We will see how long they remain in Thailand.

I stayed at the hotel next to the Hooters in Bangkok. I checked the menu and the prices they are charging are even more than they charge in the states. I assume their business will be off of tourist that know nothing better about prices. I suppose it has to do with import taxes or something ? But the prices are just plain stupid. We will see how long they remain in Thailand.

nothing to do with import tax. chicken are Thai. ladies are Thai, BBQ are Thai, ...

they just charge more because you guys love so much this kind of place.

want boost your business? hang a US flag and zombies will come.

Seems this is the ONLY restaurant opening biggrin.png ever to stir up our doomsayers, Why's that?

It's the obvious flagship of Pattaya's gentrification movement.

No. We can come up w/ a quite a list of "upscale" restos that've opened up over the years that easily qualify for the term "gentrification." They've made no difference in anything except giving a greater choice.

Anyway, your problem, you said, is that you require resto waitresses that according your very exacting standards all look better than regular bar girls. Where are such waitresses, BTW? Seems a number of members would like to know--though then they'll be accused of going to the resto for the girls. And going somewhere in Pattaya for the girls is suddenly another very new issue. It should NOT apply to Hooters! Why's that? wink.png

And you know quite well that Hooters is no flagship anyway--it's your "ceter [sic] of all evil, Central." Our doomsayers need to go back to that old bone and continue chewing on it. Good news there is that although business is still great despite all the prophecies of bankruptcy by our ace economists, Central is long overdue to fall down. Yep, any day now! smile.png

Nah, I suspect all the issues would go away if Hooters would just charge Kiss prices and add fish & chips to the menu. Well, maybe change the costume to those saucy, deliciously naughty little schoolgirl skirts, too. Emphasize bums, not breasts. Add a cheap Sunday roast and suddenly--Hooters is the best thing to happen to Pattaya in ages! smile.png

Edited by JSixpack

They must be the owners on the cart. Looks like Russian heads to me. Also looks like the place will be full of silicone. I guess some are going to like it but not for me.

May be another Russian money cleaning venture, I'll be staying away.....