Report of foreign guests in property TM 30

If I rent a condo, can I not be said to be the "possessor" of it? (Not trying to make an argument for or against, but have learned that the condo mngmt svc I'm currently renting fm does not do this rptg. It's a reputable outfit, does a respectable volume, and have been at it a fairly long time...)

It is not up to you to report. It would be the responsibility of the owner, house-master or possessor of the property you are visiting.

It's not your responsibility in theory, but in reality if you turn up to immigration for your 90 day report or visa extension and it hasn't been done and the officer wants to make an issue of it then it's your problem.

It is not up to you to report. It would be the responsibility of the owner, house-master or possessor of the property you are visiting.

It's not your responsibility in theory, but in reality if you turn up to immigration for your 90 day report or visa extension and it hasn't been done and the officer wants to make an issue of it then it's your problem.

And in practice. The OP is asking about visiting a friend. When applying for an extension of stay the IO may want a TM30 completed by the owner of the property you live at before issuing the extension, but that is a different situation.

If all the OP is doing is visiting a friend he has no obligation to report himself to immigration.

After doing a TM30 report and supplied immigration with one year rental contract etc etc do i need to do that every time when tenants go for a visa run?

Yes it is supposed to be done every time they re-enter the country.

If I rent a condo, can I not be said to be the "possessor" of it? (Not trying to make an argument for or against, but have learned that the condo mngmt svc I'm currently renting fm does not do this rptg. It's a reputable outfit, does a respectable volume, and have been at it a fairly long time...)

Yes, if you rent a condo you are the chief possessor of it in your capacity as the tenant and thus you are the housemaster of the condo as defined in section 4 of the Immigration Act. Some immigration offices accept a TM.30 submitted by the owner in lieu of submission by the house master, ie the tenant, as allowed by section 38.

Exact wording of TM 30....

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national."

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national."

As this is a freebee,i rekon the best thing to do is comply,and bombbard them with paperwork.I rekon it will die a slow death and will go back to as before.

Yes, if you rent a condo you are the chief possessor of it in your capacity as the tenant and thus you are the housemaster of the condo as defined in section 4 of the Immigration Act. Some immigration offices accept a TM.30 submitted by the owner in lieu of submission by the house master, ie the tenant, as allowed by section 38.

And as a tourist who simply found the place listed on Agoda or Hotels.com along with everything else, I'm supposed to know about all this how? 'Not talking about longterm leases here. 'Sounds like another Thai Immigration gotcha'.

Thanks. It looks like the form has changed since immigration uploaded the following version on their website immigration.go.th:

tm30.pdf

Thanks. It looks like the form has changed since immigration uploaded the following version on their website immigration.go.th:

attachicon.giftm30.pdf

The form poste is still the same form as years ago but thanks as i am sure people will want to use this.

I see now where you got that text from beerzy, from this information page on the immigration website: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=alienstay

On that page, the English text from a paragraph of section 38 of the Immigration Act is not a very good translation, quite different from the English translation of the Immigration Act available on immigration's site:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwj0_qeSzerKAhWIzxQKHa3PAWkQFggdMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.immigration.go.th%2Fnov2004%2Fen%2Fdoc%2FImmigration_Act.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHXppZgQYaFxpCp5C1BPB5tEgM1Cw&sig2=vkdgKkznqu89sfjz5hinrA&cad=rja

And as a tourist who simply found the place listed on Agoda or Hotels.com along with everything else, I'm supposed to know about all this how? 'Not talking about longterm leases here. 'Sounds like another Thai Immigration gotcha'.

As a tourist you have no obligation to submit the TM30. It's nothing to be concerned about. Only foreigners living here are potentially responsible.

I see now where you got that text from beerzy, from this information page on the immigration website: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=alienstay

On that page, the English text from a paragraph of section 38 of the Immigration Act is not a very good translation, quite different from the English translation of the Immigration Act available on immigration's site:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwj0_qeSzerKAhWIzxQKHa3PAWkQFggdMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.immigration.go.th%2Fnov2004%2Fen%2Fdoc%2FImmigration_Act.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHXppZgQYaFxpCp5C1BPB5tEgM1Cw&sig2=vkdgKkznqu89sfjz5hinrA&cad=rja

Thanks for that but now i think he knows the process for reporting us Aliens, 5555.