Spanish murder suspect has fled Thailand, girlfriend claims

Jonathan Fairfield

it seems that they caught him in sihanoukville. but nothing confirmed yet.

https://twitter.com/JoaquinCamposR

Confirmed. Picked up by Sihanoukville police. Sounds like he was captured at Charlie Harper's. We were expecting him to wear a turtle neck to cover up the identifying tattoos, but looks like he thought up something better.

d404b04da9d6ed300ddd2f3c1d9c3de1.jpg

533b71bacae703bac84868dbb8f583e5.jpg

4aea8fd44f017b5b0c9a037eb6e168ec.jpg

beea23ed25aa19ea4e8b62bb03e5e521.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do the Thai police have to rat out an informant - especially one who has no knowledge of any crime? Why do they even have to say what she told them or that she gave them pictures of him? Why do they have to show a picture of her in the news?

All they needed was the info she gave them because it has no further use to the system. Now she could be a target of him or cronies for what purpose?

Bloody good question.

of course the "informant" ( actually only his uninformed girlfriend) is happy and proud, to be in the news on tv, for helping thai police finding a foreign suspect. if the police would not inform the media, she would have done it herself, or her relatives would do it. everybody will congratulate her for being a hero. why should she be a target, every thai and every normal falang would act in the same way.

Yes confirmed

http://www.lavanguardia.com/internacional/20160207/301974556462/detenido-camboya-artur-segarra.html

There is (are) some thing(s) i dont understand...

1- Why going to cambodia instead of staying in bangkok (where this is much more easy to hide...or pattaya, or phuket)

2- why going to eat in a SPANISH restaurant when you just committed a muder on a spanish person in an area full of expats (and for sure aware about the story)???

If i was him, i would stay in Sukhumvit or khao san... hiding in a cheap hotel and going out only to grab some food. At least for 2-3 months...

It was a glaring error farcanell,, showing you know nothing about the geography of Thailand, and perhaps even less about other aspects of Thailand,..,but, hey! never mind, maybe you're an expert on Thai police and Thai language.

Less is more- right?

Yes confirmed

http://www.lavanguardia.com/internacional/20160207/301974556462/detenido-camboya-artur-segarra.html

1- Why going to cambodia instead of staying in bangkok (where this is much more easy to hide...or pattaya, or phuket)

2- why going to eat in a SPANISH restaurant when you just committed a muder on a spanish person in an area full of expats (and for sure aware about the story)???

If i was him, i would stay in Sukhumvit or khao san... hiding in a cheap hotel and going out only to grab some food. At least for 2-3 months...

why asking questions that don't matter. the guy fled. was caught as expected. all the rest is non-event. not saying he's guilty, just saying he never turned in himself in thailand, crossed the border and as expected was caught. the dreamers on TVF who think a couple of millions bahts can save your @ss as a farang should really wake up. now, let's see what the guy has to say in his defence. whistling.gif

Yes confirmed

1. Idea might be, get out of Thailand, then hop on a plane to a country that won't extradite to Thailand if any possibility of a death sentence.

2. Hiding in plain sight maybe?

KSR would already be under watch by the Thai police.

It was a glaring error farcanell,, showing you know nothing about the geography of Thailand, and perhaps even less about other aspects of Thailand,..,but, hey! never mind, maybe you're an expert on Thai police and Thai language.

Less is more- right?

Oh my oh my... I shall resist directly attacking or impugning your good name and status as an expert in this country, your right, less words can say more

However, I would suggest that you take a chill pill or something.... Between attacking other posters over their opinion, or an errant sentence (amongst hundreds)... As I would hate for you to have a heart attack.

With that, I humbly take my proverbial hat off and submit to your superior intellect and knowledge of all matters here and abroad... Your opinion rules supreme.

On Friday police said that Segarra had withdrawn almost 37 million Baht from the Singaporean bank account belonging to the victim, David Bernat.

The withdrawals took place from various ATMs in Bangkok and Ayutthaya.

37 million baht from various ATMs?! do ATMs have that much cash in them? isnt there a daily withdrawl limit on accounts to prevent such things happening?

at Bangkok Bank and SCB the limit is 20,000 baht per 24 hours.

37,000,000 baht divided by 20,000 baht per day is 1,850. 1850 DAYS or FIVE YEARS.

I have Bangkok Bank ATM, was informed maximum per day was 40,000. Have got 50,000 in a day.

Yet again OP says STARTED to withdraw, why are people arguing over whether it is possible to do it via an ATM? Maybe he only took 500 baht out.

ok, but my experience is 20,000 baht is the limit at Bangkok Bank, I know because my rent is 33,000 baht and i have to make two withdrawals over two days to get that much cash. 20,000 one day, 13,000 the second day. this happens every month for the last two years. maybe different for some people.

I don't know about Bangkok Bank but you can change your limit up to 200,000. ask your bank wink.png

On Friday police said that Segarra had withdrawn almost 37 million Baht from the Singaporean bank account belonging to the victim, David Bernat.

The withdrawals took place from various ATMs in Bangkok and Ayutthaya.

37 million baht from various ATMs?! do ATMs have that much cash in them? isnt there a daily withdrawl limit on accounts to prevent such things happening?

at Bangkok Bank and SCB the limit is 20,000 baht per 24 hours.

37,000,000 baht divided by 20,000 baht per day is 1,850. 1850 DAYS or FIVE YEARS.

I have Bangkok Bank ATM, was informed maximum per day was 40,000. Have got 50,000 in a day.
Yet again OP says STARTED to withdraw, why are people arguing over whether it is possible to do it via an ATM? Maybe he only took 500 baht out.

ok, but my experience is 20,000 baht is the limit at Bangkok Bank, I know because my rent is 33,000 baht and i have to make two withdrawals over two days to get that much cash. 20,000 one day, 13,000 the second day. this happens every month for the last two years. maybe different for some people.

Yes confirmed

1. Idea might be, get out of Thailand, then hop on a plane to a country that won't extradite to Thailand if any possibility of a death sentence.

2. Hiding in plain sight maybe?

KSR would already be under watch by the Thai police.

" i would stay in sukhumvit" - you have no idea about thailand, he had a thai girlfriend, she has new fotos about him, within minutes every motorbike- taxi- driver would have identified him, if he stays in sukhumvit, they are all connected, every taxidriver is an informant..

37 million even at 50 k a withdrawal is 740 visits to hole in wall.... seems strange it wasn't flagged up

And with that sort of money , if it is him you can bet your life hes over the border by now

On Friday police said that Segarra had transferred and started to withdraw almost 37 million Baht from the Singaporean bank account belonging to the victim, David Bernat.

The withdrawals took place from various ATMs in Bangkok and Ayutthaya

I believe they printed that part of the story in a manner that is confusing.

I believe they are saying: The money,37 million baht, belonging to the deceased, was transferred from Singapore into the suspects account in Thailand or transferred to the deceased persons existing account in Thailand while the suspect was beginning to draw the money from the account using an ATM card....but not all of it was withdrawn.

If the deceased or suspect had no limit on the debit cards then he could draw as much money as the ATM had on hand....Which is how much at each ATM throughout the day???

However I believe there is a limit on how much the ATM machine will release per transaction.

But even then if the suspect maxed out all the money on hand in each ATM machine that the suspect used it would still take a long time to withdraw all the money by way of going to many ATM machines.....and then what would he do with a bag full of money.

37 million Baht in cash money would be several large suitcases full of money

More likely he was transferring the money from one account to another which I believe has no limits when transacted through an ATM machine

The police statement or the media statement is confusing as to how almost 37 million baht can be drawn out of various ATM machines in such a short period of time.

Meantime ....37 million baht would be a good motive to murder someone after somehow learning how to access their bank account and their ATM cards having obtained them after murdering a person...or somehow knew the relevant info before he murder the deceased.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

reply to post 114, read my post properly please, as to i say, i think there was more than one ,and you will now see there is a thai involved in this,so yep i was spot on, and i bet the girlfriend knows a lot more than she is letting on for, so dam good CSI i say old chap.bet the thai done the butchering as well.