What is an Appropriate age difference in Thai/farang Relationships?

BookMan

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter...smile.png

Mrs.Trans Thai lady friend is about 40, her Thai husband, a retired teacher, is in his 70's...So regardless of nationality, cash flow is what matters..

Dead right. And that extends more so to the mia-noi/s

If you pay attention while strolling around Central Festival mall in the weekend, you'll realise that the myriad of middle aged (and older) Thai males are not taking their 20 something daughters (or grand daughters) out for shopping and lunch. rolleyes.gif

Financial considerations, not withstanding, a plus or minus 7-10 year age difference, maintains the compatible values of the generational bridge, especially within cross-cultural marriage relationships.

That foundation standard provides for a mature level of stability, required for building solid "partnerships", particularly within the Western male/Asian female relationship.

Edited by TuskegeeBen

Who's business is it anyway. Go watch some tv. Geez

Bloke! This is a topic "opinion posting" forum. If you have no topic related opinion, of your own to contribute, then you goto the tv yourself. Geez, duh!

Edited by TuskegeeBen

If two consenting adults wish to share their time together, who is anyone to sit in judgement on them.

More fool anyone who actually cares what other people "think" and actually alters their behaviour because of it, relationships are personal things and its never a case of "one size fits all".

Everybody is different, everybody has different needs and wants that they seek in a partner, thats why they are usually difficult to find "the one".

That is irrespective of age race or gender, or at least it should be.

There was a phrase stated somewhere "most relationships are Love & Hate, she hates being poor, he hates being lonely" , if that fits, and it works for them, what the hell, its their life and their choice.

There is no "appropriate" age difference but those who choose to be part of large age-gap relationships should be aware that they'll often be subjected to ridicule.

If they can deal with that, I say all power to them - no one's got any right to tell you what to do or who to be with

If they can't, though, tough . . . keep it behind closed doors

If two consenting adults wish to share their time together, who is anyone to sit in judgement on them.

More fool anyone who actually cares what other people "think" and actually alters their behaviour because of it, relationships are personal things and its never a case of "one size fits all".

Everybody is different, everybody has different needs and wants that they seek in a partner, thats why they are usually difficult to find "the one".

There was a phrase stated somewhere "most relationships are Love & Hate, she hates being poor, he hates being lonely" , if that fits, and it works for them, what the hell, its their life and their choice.

Some well made points there

Half ones age plus seven is a good rule of thumb. So if a person is 50 they should not bother with anyone below 32.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utter BS. Should not bother? Who are you to dictate rules to others.

Why does it matter to you, or anyone else other than the two people involved?

It is a public forum, the OP asked a question, and people are entitled to their own opinions.

I, personally, think large age gaps look stupid, and a lot of people would agree with me, some would disagree.

With you, it has obviously hit a nerve.

The same question pops up time and time again as regular as clockwork,it's up to the couple concerned,why anyone should be bothered with some one elses

business, and choices in life, I hope he can come to terms with his problem soon! I could venture some explainations,but that could be interpreted as flaming,so I

won't venture down that road!

Edited by MAJIC

"More fool anyone who actually cares what other people "think"

Brings to mind a saying I once heard..........."Don't worry what other people think about you, it's none of your business"