...thai tourist visa in phnom penh..

hello there,

i m just in koh kong and the man from the travel angency here told me, that i have to show a flying back ticket when i apply for a thai tourist visa...

the agency in phnom penh never demanded it the last times, so how is the situation now. can i still get a thai tourist visa without producing a fly back ticket?

thanks a lot

Try telling him you plan to leave Thailand by bus. I will be in Phnom Penh tomorrow and will be applying for my first Thailand visa as I've been told I can no longer enter on the 30 day exempt stamp. I remember applying for a Chinese Visa before and the paper work required a flight number leaving China. Upon calling the embassay they said I can just write down "Train" as I was leaving by Train to Hong Kong.

When I leave Thailand after my visa I really do intend to take the bus to Laos. I do not believe they sell tickets that far in advance so I would not be able to produce a bus ticket at the time of applying for the visa.

if you read through this thread from just last week on the same subject you will see several people have managed recently to circumnavigate this requirement by paying a bit extra to use an agent in Phnom Penh

In fact you will see one person said all that was asked for were photos

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/892225-is-it-possible-to-get-a-single-entry-visa-in-phnom-penh-now/