VFS Office Bangkok

VFS handle visa applications in Thailand (and worldwide!) for several countries.

The Australian and UK application centres are in the same building, but other countries' aren't.

Which one are you asking about?

Assuming you are going to the Trendy Building (and I would put my shirt on it) have a look at Maxims Inn, 1,390 Baht for a double room on Booking.com

My missus and 2 others stayed there 2 weeks ago and said it was fine. 5-10 mins walk from soi 7 to Vfs in soi 13. See map attached. Very good Thai restaurant in a crescent at the back of soi 11, same soi as Cheap Charlies bar.

Vfs are quiet at the moment and should you wish to go early you MAY be seen early. You can also expect a speedy response - my missus picked up her visa from the local post office 7 days after her appointment.

Of course, I have no idea of your budget/tastes and you may want to stay at the Landmark for 4,200 Baht.... oops, sorry, I have just seen that you stated 'cheapish'.

post-190508-0-44661100-1454936700_thumb.

Edited by Jip99

1. Ignore the touts outside and inside on the ground floor of the building.

2. You can bypass the little counter downstairs and head straight for the lifts.

3. You want the top floor.

4. Stay at the coffee shop on the ground floor while she does what she has to upstairs. They won't let you into the interview room anyway.

1. Ignore the touts outside and inside on the ground floor of the building.

2. You can bypass the little counter downstairs and head straight for the lifts.

3. You want the top floor.

4. Stay at the coffee shop on the ground floor while she does what she has to upstairs. They won't let you into the interview room anyway.

Good straightforward advice, regarding 4, you might want to actually travel up to the office to avoid her being waylaid en route, the touts seem to target the single females, or those that appear lost.

When we submit my GF's application we'll have our lively 1-year old. Will he be allowed to go in with his mum if he's unhappy staying with me?

I cannot imagine they will be too happy about that and it may present difficulties when it comes to the biometrics.

It is only for 10 minutes so a good chance for Dad to bond :)

• Like 1