Bophut Roads Are Horrible!

These roads are getting worse by the day. Every night when the workers go home they leave HUGE gaping and DEEP holes all over the road unpatched.

2 night ago I saw a motorbike hit one of these deep hole and he FLEW off his bike into the curb and died. No cones, no signs, no marking or anything. They just pack up and go home and leave these massive holes all over the place. They are deep too. Ive hit plenty of holes but these suckers will swallow your front tire and eject you.

I was comming back from Tesco a few hours ago and there are still several of these holes in the middle of the lanes. I also spotted some rebar that had been bent vertically into the air in many dirrections hanging into the next lane. Im sure someone or many people will run into this at night when its dark.

It amazes me that they dont have anybody with more then half a brain to figure this stuff out and realize that it is too dangerous. How many people need to die before they learn? How hard is it to patch a massive hole or at least MARK IT WITH A CONE! Hey, theres an idea. Wake up thailand.

So if you have to drive in Bophut please be careful. I dont like seeing people laying on the side of the road...

But, but, but poor farang. This is the work we MUST do to make the drains work and make the roads SAFE.

I mean, just because the drain works are collapsing the very roads they are supposed to be protecting, it is not for us to question people with obvious advanced knowledge and experience of road drainage design and implementation, should we?

Um, maybe yes?

Yeah, it is a freaking sin what they are doing with this drain work.

Must be costing us tax payers a pretty baht too.

In another thread I was pondering who got the lucrative contract to build these so-called "drains".

Sure, some more people will die on these messed up roads, and nobody seems to really care.

It is all just face, face, face....

Sad.

I forgot to mention the COLAPSING ROAD. Ive seen 3-4 places that have caved in. Why dont thais know how to make raods properly? They cant even figure out how to fill a pothole properly. The hill next to tesco gets holes and then they patch it then it caves then they patch it then it cave... Ccant they do it right the first time?

They put a paper thin sheet of cement across the top of the hole but dont actually fill it in.

I forgot to mention the COLAPSING ROAD. Ive seen 3-4 places that have caved in. Why dont thais know how to make raods properly? They cant even figure out how to fill a pothole properly. The hill next to tesco gets holes and then they patch it then it caves then they patch it then it cave... Ccant they do it right the first time?

They put a paper thin sheet of cement across the top of the hole but dont actually fill it in.

"Master! Master! The roads are collapsing!"

"Aaaah, but Grasshopper, you must learn to drive on tyres as light as feathers, go now son, try it again now"

So you see poorfarang, you still do not quite understand the situation.

What they want now is simply lighter tyres and wheels on cars, then the road won't cave in.

But really, there is no excuse. This is NOT engineering we speak of, it is simple, clear COMMON SENSE. Any idiot can build a good drain, just takes common sense.

I believe this is what is lacking.

Anyway, the dig-it-out-patch-it-up-then-do-it-again-next-week work methodology has kept millions of workers employed world wide for centuries now.

Hey, you gotta admin, if you didn't deal with this very serious issue with a bit of humor, why, you would need to go shoot some f....r in the head, no?

cheerz