Why Do Farang Men Often Go Overboard When Discussing Their Thai Wives?

Fabricus

If I were to ask a man in London about his wife, the conversation might go something like this:

Fabricus: Excuse me sir, are you happy with your wife?

Londoner: You what?

Fabricus: Your wife -- are you happy with her?

Londoner: What you sellin'?

Fabricus: Nothing. I'd just like to know if you're happy with your wife.

Londoner: You mean the missus?

Fabricus: Yes, the missus. Are you happy with her?

Londoner: Well, I dunno. She's just the bleedin' missus.

Fabricus: I see. So are you happy?

Londoner: Well she farts a lot.

Fabricus: How interesting. So would you say you're happy?

Londoner: Well she's a bit of a big girl.

Fabricus: Mmm. Sounds as though you're reasonably happy.

Londoner: Never really thought about it. Like I said, she's just the bleedin' missus.

* The missus = British slang for the wife (pronounced mississ)

==========

In Thailand the conversation might go something like this:

Fabricus: Excuse me sir, are you happy with your wife?

Farang: Oh, she's so lovely and wonderful and cuddly and cute and fluffy and fresh!

Fabricus: So you're obviously quite happy then?

Farang: And she's so delectable and sweet and fragrant and delicious and .......

Fabricus: I see. Let's leave it that.

Farang: And I bounce her on my knee and we giggle like children and we play in the grass and she's so cute and cuddly and fluffy and sweet and .......

==========

Seriously, what a load of crud.

But why does this happen?

"Seriously, what a load of crud.

But why does this happen?"

It's what happens when you speak to a man married to a 50 year old woman that weights 200lb, and had sex with him last year.

Vs

Speaking to a man with a 30 year old woman that weighs 90lb, and banged him last night.

Number 1 is trying to put his English wife out of his mind, number 2 is quite enthusiastic about his Thai wife.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Some people like to make up for their shortcomings by boasting about whatever they have, be it a young wife, money, or a flash car. Personally, I feel like it would take more than a bit of boasting to compensate for my looks, wealth and charm

Obviously issues with Thai ladies, how much did she take you for?

Wow! This thread really has hit a raw nerve.

I've not been taken for a cent. I'm friends with my ex and together we pay for our son's education at a good school in BKK.

I've been with my current GF for a little over four years and am reasonably happy. I've mentioned before that she's a former model with two degrees as I think people have a right to know that you can meet decent girls on dating sites. I've mentioned her foreign surname as I think this is extremely interesting.

Admittedly I've not said before that her cousin is one of Thailand's leading experts on tropical diseases as this would probably invite envy rather genuine curiosity.

Do you see how I've answered your question without resorting to petty insults?

Carry on!

I've not been taken for a cent. I'm friends with my ex and together we pay for our son's education at a good school in BKK.

I've been with my current GF for a little over four years and am reasonably happy. I've mentioned before that she's a former model with two degrees as I think people have a right to know that you can meet decent girls on dating sites. I've mentioned her foreign surname as I think this is extremely interesting.

Admittedly I've not said before that her cousin is one of Thailand's leading experts on tropical diseases as this would probably invite envy rather genuine curiosity.

Carry on!

And I in so doing, epitomised the behaviour you describe in your opening post.

Farang: Excuse me sir, are you happy with your wife?

Fabricus: Oh, she's a former model with two degrees.

Farang: So you're obviously quite happy then?

Fabricus: I am reasonably happy. I met her on a dating site.

Farang: I see. Let's leave it that.

Fabricus: But Admittedly I've not said this before that it's her cousin who I want to s**g, she's is one of Thailand's leading experts on tropical diseases.

Farang: Righon mate.

Fabricus: This would probably invite envy rather genuine curiosity.

tongue.png

Carry on!

I've mentioned before that she's a former model with two degrees

Of course she is. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The problem is that you talk so much trash that even if this were true no one would take you seriously.

What a buffoon. facepalm.gif

Carry on!

I've mentioned before that she's a former model with two degrees

Of course she is. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The problem is that you talk so much trash that even if this were true no one would take you seriously.

What a buffoon. facepalm.gif

OK, Just for you:

My GF is NOT a former model. She left school at 15 with a CSE in woodwork.

Oh -- and before I forget, I have a Diploma in Women's Studies from Loch Ness Polytechnic.

Do you feel better now?

Two words come to mind, Loony and Tunes.cheesy.gif

And Tunes isn't the important word in this case.

You seem very interested in this thread. I'm glad my stories are keeping you entertained!

If you wanna hear another of my Legendary True Stories, please let me know. I have some great ones you'd love.

You seem very interested in this thread. I'm glad my stories are keeping you entertained!

If you wanna hear another of my Legendary True Stories, please let me know. I have some great ones you'd love.

I'm disappointed no-one has picked up on the "expert in tropical diseases". That aroused more curiosity than envy in my book.

While I was writing that, four Filippinas in bar uniform walked past, arousing more envy than curiosity, and putting me in mind of a tropical disease or two. Yellow fever, at the least.

Actually, more curiosity than envy, as I got to wondering where they worked

No thanks, you've already pushed my meter to the max.

59ffa0e0757a27cca0afe25198a4e565a819fbbe

I'm loving your stories Fab. Are you a published author?

This excerpt below I find particularly diverting. Nice prose and writing stylee.

"Not sure about that. My ex and I were together for ten years. I always figured she was the only woman in Thailand who'd never cheat. She looked down on hookers and hated Thai women with 2 or more kids from 2 or more different fathers. She was very straight.

Her affair partner was more than 25 years her senior and almost 20 years older than me.

She was obsessed with football, btw.

Back in 2010 the top football team in Thailand was Muang Thong United: they won the Premier League; they got to the finals of the FA Cup; they lost to a Syrian team in the semi-finals of the Asian Cup. The team's manager was later voted Coach of the Year. He was a 63 year-old Belgian guy.

My ex often talked about her affair partner, but she never mentioned cash. Even though he was probably the highest salaried expat in Thailand, she never talked about cash. She loved how he got up everyday at 6am and went jogging; she also loved the fact that he didn't drink or smoke. Weirdest of all was when she said:

"He can even eat street food".."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/867697-in-praise-of-divorced-men/

Edited by Minnie the Minx

I'm disappointed no-one has picked up on the "expert in tropical diseases". That aroused more curiosity than envy in my book.

While I was writing that, four Filippinas in bar uniform walked past, arousing more envy than curiosity, and putting me in mind of a tropical disease or two. Yellow fever, at the least.

Mr Cowboy, you know by now that if you want proof you only have to ask for it.

Do this:

1. My GF's surname is obviously Latin. You know this already.

2. You know it was probably taken to Roman Lusitania back in the days when Iberia was part of the empire.

3. You know it was brought out to the Far East during the Age of Discovery.

4. Go to Google.

5. Search for Dr Chusak + surname

6. The guy is a published academic. His co-authors include doctors at Chulalongkhorn Memorial Hospital.

If you can't find the links, let me know and I'll PM them to you.

Mr Cowboy, you know by now that if you want proof you only have to ask for it.

Do this:

1. My GF's surname is obviously Latin. You know this already.

2. You know it was probably taken to Roman Lusitania back in the days when Iberia was part of the empire.

3. You know it was brought out to the Far East during the Age of Discovery.

4. Go to Google.

5. Search for Dr Chusak + surname

6. The guy is a published academic. His co-authors include doctors at Chulalongkhorn Memorial Hospital.

If you can't find the links, let me know and I'll PM them to you.

I never doubt anything. However, for the purposes of idle banter, I think speculation on an expertise in tropical diseases offers far more potential than kicking off a bickering argument about whether someone is telling the truth or not, when only one person knows.

Anyway, this thread highlights why I try to steer a conservative course around personal topics, and you'll not find me being effusive about my wife or my Thai girlfriend or any of the rest of them

SC

I never doubt anything. However, for the purposes of idle banter, I think speculation on an expertise in tropical diseases offers far more potential than kicking off a bickering argument about whether someone is telling the truth or not, when only one person knows.

Anyway, this thread highlights why I try to steer a conservative course around personal topics, and you'll not find me being effusive about my wife or my Thai girlfriend or any of the rest of them

SC

Fair point.

You're obviously aware of a story doing the rounds at present about how the evil Mr Fabricus is accusing someone of having done something "regrettable" way back in the year 2000.

In this instance two people know the truth. I know who the guy is and what he did. And he knows that I know.

I intended to start a thread about the psychology of lying. It would have been quite interesting to explain some of the ways in which people incriminate themselves online, but I figured this kind of stuff is perhaps a bit too academic for ThaiVisa.

Another interesting topic would concern the psychology of insults.

SC

Fair point.

You're obviously aware of a story doing the rounds at present about how the evil Mr Fabricus is accusing someone of having done something "regrettable" way back in the year 2000.

In this instance two people know the truth. I know who the guy is and what he did. And he knows that I know.

I intended to start a thread about the psychology of lying. It would have been quite interesting to explain some of the ways in which people incriminate themselves online, but I figured this kind of stuff is perhaps a bit too academic for ThaiVisa.

Another interesting topic would concern the psychology of insults.

It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what. What s this story doing the rounds? Forgive the ignorance of a new poster.

Please expand. I'd indeed enjoy a thread about the psychology of lying. Never underestimate the academic contingent on here.