Major Fail @ Chon Buri Immigration Today for Change of Visa TM 86

To be honest, the immigration office in Jomtien is the only one I've been to. All the signs pointing to and on the building say Chon Buri Immigration, so that's what I called it.

Maybe I should have posted "Major Fail @ Chon Buri Immigration in Jomtien* Today for Change of Visa TM 86".

Since I was unaware that there are three immigration offices in Chon Buri, the original subject line was posted in the OP. My landlord tells me there's even an immigration office in Rayong that I didn't know about either. Guess I don't get out much :-).

I appreciate that there are some the may not be aware and make assumptions.

When I tried to point out the difference I was contradicted by people that seem to think that the name of the organisation is also the name of the premises.

If someone had a query over a visa from a UK Thai Consulate the first thing that would be said would be "Which one?"

My pension (UK GOV)does not meet the 40,000Baht per month requiredso I have to find another way to stay here with my spouse.So what is the monthly salary of the average Thai worker in regular employment ?Less than 40,000 I would say so I think I could suvive on less than 30,000.Wonder just who sets thee figures?!!!

I am sure there are plenty of farang retirees with Thai wives who live/survive on less than B40,000.

They had to set a reasonable figure and B40,000 is not unreasonable and has not been changed for years.