PM to attend US-ASEAN summit in California

snoop1130

PM to attend US-ASEAN summit in California
NNT News

post-249866-0-40729000-1455114050_thumb.

BANGKOK, 10 February 2016 (NNT) - Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will participate in a United States - ASEAN summit in California, the U.S., during February 14-18, 2016.

Jakkrit Srivali, director general of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Department of ASEAN Affairs, said the summit is considered the first since the establishment of the ASEAN Economic Community.

The U.S. - ASEAN summit aims to discuss regional prosperity through innovation and entrepreneurship, regional strategic outlook and peace protection, prosperity and security in the Asia-Pacific region, transnational challenges and strengthen relationships between the U.S. and ASEAN as a Strategic Partnership under the U.S. rebalancing strategy.

Thailand would take a constructive engagement toward ASEAN and global community and promote cooperation between ASEAN and Strategic Partnership member countries while ASEAN would be a mechanism to push forward sustainable growth in accordance with the United Nations' Assistant Development Framework.

Source: http://thainews.prd.go.th/website_en/news/news_detail/WNPOL5902100010016

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-10 footer_n.gif

Thailand would take a constructive engagement toward ASEAN and global community and promote cooperation between ASEAN and Strategic Partnership member countries while ASEAN would be a mechanism to push forward sustainable growth in accordance with the United Nations' Assistant Development Framework.

What does this waffle actually mean?

Tell me why he was invited to go, by the USA government. He is a non elected PM !

The US government should not endorse( US policy).

The US supports the Saudis and other non elected officials so why not Thailand.

Tell me why he was invited to go, by the USA government. He is a non elected PM !

Saudi Arabia is a monarchy government. There are many other countries like Brunei that are similar. None of these countries become the government from coup. See the difference?

Saudi Arabia is a monarchy government. There are many other countries like Brunei that are similar. None of these countries become the government from coup. See the difference?

Ohh I see. They have regional elections of sorts (of which women are excluded) beheads and stones its citizens to death, makes it illegal for women to drive nor leave the country without there husbands permission, funds terrorism around the world promoting it extreme version of islam and strangly they have the full support of the US despite having a government that is not elected by its citizens of which women are treated as second class not to mention the slaughter of its own people in the Arab spring uprising of which all foreign media were banned to prevent the outside world knowing about its crimes. And Thailand should be excluded because of a coup?

He will be the odd man out being the only PM not elected.

Don't worry, they will all be queuing up to express their understanding and admiration for his herculean efforts to follow the roadmap and restore happiness. Just wait for the press releases...

Ohh I see. They have regional elections of sorts (of which women are excluded) beheads and stones its citizens to death, makes it illegal for women to drive nor leave the country without there husbands permission, funds terrorism around the world promoting it extreme version of islam and strangly they have the full support of the US despite having a government that is not elected by its citizens of which women are treated as second class not to mention the slaughter of its own people in the Arab spring uprising of which all foreign media were banned to prevent the outside world knowing about its crimes. And Thailand should be excluded because of a coup?

Don't get too emotionally defensive for your love of the junta. Thailand not excluded in this summit and Saudi Arabia is not invited. Their Islamic laws are harsh and there are geo-political reasons for US support. Similar other countries will also judge our harsh LM laws, slaughtered of our own people and media intimidation. Fact is that Saudi is an absolute monarchy while Thailand is a constitutional monarchy and governments are elected; not by military staging a coup.

Don't get too emotionally defensive for your love of the junta. Thailand not excluded in this summit and Saudi Arabia is not invited. Their Islamic laws are harsh and there are geo-political reasons for US support. Similar other countries will also judge our harsh LM laws, slaughtered of our own people and media intimidation. Fact is that Saudi is an absolute monarchy while Thailand is a constitutional monarchy and governments are elected; not by military staging a coup.

I was merely responding to a comment that he should be banned. I know he isnt and have no love for a man who thinks asbestos is safe. I was pointing out the hypocracy of the US failed foriegn policy supporting regimes far far worse than Thailand. Edited by bim

Or maybe Saudi has nothing to do at a US-ASEAN summit, sine saudi is not part of ASEAN.......................

wai2.gif

Saudi Arabia is ruled by a monarchy, but here it is a non elected PM

Will he be flying Thai air ? Direct BKK to LAX ???

OOOPs .......that go canceled.....

How about BKK - Korea-LAX.......ummmmm

that got cancelled too.......

Thai Air does not fly to the USA anymore ,...... sad.png

Now what is he going to do ?????

Maybe Air China is a good choice???

Will he be flying Thai air ? Direct BKK to LAX ???

OOOPs .......that go canceled.....

How about BKK - Korea-LAX.......ummmmm

that got cancelled too.......

Thai Air does not fly to the USA anymore ,...... sad.png

Now what is he going to do ?????

Maybe Air China is a good choice???

I bet we never get to find out which airline he flys with unless he goes by a specail chartered Thai Airways flight. Be great if he arrived in LA dressed in the traditional national uniform of a Tuk Tuk like that lady in the beauty pagent recently. Flashing bussom lights an all.