2nd Five-Year license Stolen, Still Have Old One, Replacement OK?

quandow

I had my 2nd five-year auto license stolen last November (fawk Mexico!). I don't have a picture of it, but I still have the 1st license I used for renewal with the holes punched in it. Will the licensing folks in Pattaya issue me another license? I have a police report pertaining to the theft and will have a letter from the U.S. embassy in Bangkok pertaining to the same (they got my passport, too!).

I had mine replaced after loss last year. I had a "residence"letter from Pattaya Immigration and my passport. Go to Info desk just inside Motor transport building. They will give you a special form asking for replacement. If my memory, which is not good, serves me it was handled quickly and cost was tiny. Good luck

Effected this yesterday!

You will need Passport and police report, {note that they insist on a Thai police report, not one from police abroad} see the girl at top of stairs at 1st desk, then sign form, line up to pay 255 baht at desk 3, (Car licence charge, also the charges are printed in English on the wall, so that is the correct amount) then line up for new photo, finished!

Takes depending on luck about 45 minutes.

Note : Its not a new licence, so will still finish at existing lost licence date.

Archived