Cambodia orphanage director jailed for abusing children

geovalin

PHNOM PENH: A court on Wednesday (Feb 10) jailed a Cambodian orphanage director who once crusaded against child abuse for three years for committing "indecent acts" against children in his care.

Hang Vibol, 46, the director of Our Home orphanage in Phnom Penh, has been in custody since his arrest last year on charges of abusing 11 children.

He was formerly a director of a prominent NGO called Action Pour Les Enfants (APLE), which hunts down suspected paedophiles active in Cambodia - an impoverished country with a reputation for attracting foreign child sex offenders.

Vibol left the organisation in 2004 to run the Our Home orphanage, where the alleged abuses took place. His former colleagues at APLE helped the police probe into him. The Phnom Penh municipal court on Wednesday afternoon sentenced him to three years in prison for "indecent acts against 11 minors aged under 15 years old".

read more: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/cambodia-orphanage/2504106.html

that's about the same as Holland. 3 years for 11 children. Dissapointing. Would've hoped at least 20 years....enough t ruin him.

Simple choices for offenders like this would work better.

Long long jail time or castration......would be the only 2 choices if up to me, but who am i . I don't need to protect all the important people in my pedophilia circle. That's what's frequently the reason for ligh sentences..