let it be, maerim plaza

evenstevens

to all beautiful maerimitessmile.png

kitty formely of raintree restaruant(majo/maerim road) is opening up a new graze at m/rim plaza ,called LET IT BE , adjacent to steak of today

the raintree tucker and menu was EXCELLENT, but a little up market prices plus a bit of a sting on grog,made it a tad expensive but J.M.O

if kitty does the cooking and the prices are down a little, maerim has gained winner in the nosebag stakes

kitty said the opening date is FRIDAY 19/2, but only one part of the graze completed

kitty and his sheila with his son ,were hard at it today preparing for the opening day

lovely family,, BTW kitty is a sharp operator,sure he will make his own luck at the plaza,where all punters will benefit from him doing sobiggrin.png

its a lovely day out in the boonies to all smile.png (apart from the smog)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oz here and perfectly clear to me.

I read it as if it were spoken than written if that makes any sense. This is the way you would say things but not neccessarily write things..

It's no effort to understand for me at all....I don't even pick up on the difficulties others may have until I go back over it again slowly.

I want to see if I understand it I will try my translate and an Aussie can correct my mistakes ok. But got to give it a try just to test myself.

Hi residents of maerim

Kitty formerly of Raintree retaurant is opening a new restaurant called Let It Be, in m/rim plaza

Menu is excellent but liqour and beer is expensive

If Kitty does the cooking will be a good place to eat

Will open friday 19/2 with limited menu

Kitty wife and son are getting it ready

He is good guy and should do well at new location.

Well does anyone think i got it right I am not an Aussie so it is just wild quess's.

The Raintree was a little bit more than a tad expensive. It was ridiculously priced. Steak of the Day is a bit overpriced but they have their niche with the Prem crowd. Baan Salad was, in my opinion, better than Steak of the Day, but was not nearly as busy, and was closed on my last visit. So I doubt there is a market for more up priced eateries in the Plaza.

More important is the need to support Simon in the plaza, north of and down from Steak of the Day, as he has the only western/farang oriented bar in Mae Rim. And his Swedish meatballs are as flavorful as anything offered by Steak of the Day.

"English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner which allows others to understand their posts. Posts full of intentional misspellings, all caps, no caps, l33tspeak, or similar slang may be deleted in order to preserve a standard of readability. This is a forum, not an SMS or Twitter message."

Strewth! Turn it up cobber.

"English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner which allows others to understand their posts. Posts full of intentional misspellings, all caps, no caps, l33tspeak, or similar slang may be deleted in order to preserve a standard of readability. This is a forum, not an SMS or Twitter message."

the humour police has arrivedfacepalm.gifsad.png

fair suck of the sav !!!

The Raintree was a little bit more than a tad expensive. It was ridiculously priced. Steak of the Day is a bit overpriced but they have their niche with the Prem crowd. Baan Salad was, in my opinion, better than Steak of the Day, but was not nearly as busy, and was closed on my last visit. So I doubt there is a market for more up priced eateries in the Plaza. More important is the need to support Simon in the plaza, north of and down from Steak of the Day, as he has the only western/farang oriented bar in Mae Rim. And his Swedish meatballs are as flavorful as anything offered by Steak of the Day.

approx 90 %of steak of the day trade comes from well heeled thais, prem crowd is a minority

baan salad was sadly closed, due to owner,s health problems

simon.s bar/eatery is just another bog standard nose bag, nice fella, thats about it

more restaruants that open in the mae rim district or the oven(maerim plaza) the better for the beautiful maerimites puntersbiggrin.png

nuffin like competition to bring prices to a accceptable level, together with good tuckersmile.png

a let it be . nice arvo to allbiggrin.png

The Raintree was a little bit more than a tad expensive. It was ridiculously priced. Steak of the Day is a bit overpriced but they have their niche with the Prem crowd. Baan Salad was, in my opinion, better than Steak of the Day, but was not nearly as busy, and was closed on my last visit. So I doubt there is a market for more up priced eateries in the Plaza. More important is the need to support Simon in the plaza, north of and down from Steak of the Day, as he has the only western/farang oriented bar in Mae Rim. And his Swedish meatballs are as flavorful as anything offered by Steak of the Day.

I went to The Raintree on quite a number of occasions. Can't remember a single time when they did not completely cock up the order.

Even if we only ordered 3 items, they would forget 2 and deliver a third that was never ordered.

Nice - but frustratingly clueless.

approx 90 %of steak of the day trade comes from well heeled thais, prem crowd is a minority

baan salad was sadly closed, due to owner's health problems

simon's bar/eatery is just another bog standard nose bag, nice fella, thats about it

more restaruants that open in the mae rim district or the oven (maerim plaza) the better for the beautiful maerimites punters

nuffin like competition to bring prices to a accceptable level, together with good tucker

a let it be. nice arvo to all

We may have had different experiences driving past SOD and noticing who is dining, and we may disagree over Simon's place. But I am going to need an interpreter if we were to ever meet there. Regardless of meaning, as I noted, it is the only "bog standard nose bag" in town and clearly I have no issues drinking and eating from such a nose bag when the food is decent and reasonably priced.

baan salad was sadly closed, due to owner's health problems

simon's bar/eatery is just another bog standard nose bag, nice fella, thats about it

more restaruants that open in the mae rim district or the oven (maerim plaza) the better for the beautiful maerimites punters

nuffin like competition to bring prices to a accceptable level, together with good tucker

a let it be. nice arvo to all

We may have had different experiences driving past SOD and noticing who is dining, and we may disagree over Simon's place. But I am going to need an interpreter if we were to ever meet there. Regardless of meaning, as I noted, it is the only "bog standard nose bag" in town and clearly I have no issues drinking and eating from such a nose bag when the food is decent and reasonably priced.

I too have not found SOD consistantly anywhere 90% Thai, my experience is closer to 50%,

As for an interpreter, why bother?

Edited by Dante99

• 2 weeks later...

a good arvo to all the beautiful maerimitessmile.png and who everbiggrin.png

went for a gallopp today and tied up at Let It Be,for a nose bag

nice set lunchtime menus on for a graze plus other good grub available

E/S went for Set B, smile.png

pan fried dory with garlic sauce,and carrot loop the loop ,(soup of the day) as the entree

followed by ice cream sunday for the princely sum of 195 baht nett

there we go NancyLsmile.png E/S has found for u , and your pack of shelias,laugh.png a 3 course graze for under 200 baht!!!! in c/mai

there are many other dishes available plus piazzas , at affordable prices

closed tuesday

a rather sticky afternoon to allsmile.png

a good arvo to all the beautiful maerimitessmile.png and who everbiggrin.png

went for a gallopp today and tied up at Let It Be,for a nose bag

nice set lunchtime menus on for a graze plus other good grub available

E/S went for Set B, smile.png

pan fried dory with garlic sauce,and carrot loop the loop ,(soup of the day) as the entree

followed by ice cream sunday for the princely sum of 195 baht nett

there we go NancyLsmile.png E/S has found for u , and your pack of shelias,laugh.png a 3 course graze for under 200 baht!!!! in c/mai

there are many other dishes available plus piazzas , at affordable prices

closed tuesday

a rather sticky afternoon to allsmile.png

What did you order for the horse to eat. Carrot loop the loop?

regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

I'm so glad I live nowhere close to to Maerim so my chances of running into ES in my daily travels are slim-to-none. What with all the nonsense blathering he does, I'd be tempted to call his Embassy before the Thai police haul him off to Suan Prung out of fear that he's a danger to himself and others.

The capable and professional staff at the Aussie Embassy certainly don't speak or write this way -- at least not when talking with others who are communicating in a standard form of English.

P.S. If I were "Kitty" (is that really the name for a man?) I'd be quite embarrassed at this "endorsement".

I'm so glad I live nowhere close to to Maerim so my chances of running into ES in my daily travels are slim-to-none. What with all the nonsense blathering he does, I'd be tempted to call his Embassy before the Thai police haul him off to Suan Prung out of fear that he's a danger to himself and others.

The capable and professional staff at the Aussie Embassy certainly don't speak or write this way -- at least not when talking with others who are communicating in a standard form of English.

P.S. If I were "Kitty" (is that really the name for a man?) I'd be quite embarrassed at this "endorsement".

Even Crocodile Dundee runs away from him.....

Try Kitti, as in Kittisak, Kittipon, Kitti Electric etc.

Please reference that to the op. Maybe it will sink in.....coffee1.gif

Well, there are synonyms for Kitty......perhaps in the pidgin English in which the OP posts he means that other word. Hard to say since everything else is relatively unintelligible.

Ah yes, perhaps that's the explanation. I've know some very capable and mature Thai men with names like Kittipong and Kittisak, but no one dared call them "Kitty" Maybe because they are medical doctors. And a female Thai doctor with the name of Kittiwan and you don't mess around by calling her "Kitty" either.

I really don't care about Evenstevens writing style, I am just happy that the prices are not what I remember from my one and only visit to the Raintree years ago. Under 200 baat is par for a course of western food these days in town, even at the venerable Stube. Now I don't often eat western food when in-country, but there are those rare occasions so for 200 baat it would save me a trip into the city. Of course in Mae Rim Plaza you can always get one of the best khao soi dishes around for a mere 40 baat.

Being a Kiwi I am able to pick up on the Aussie venacular....being called Kitty isnt anything sinister.

It refers to a character from an Aussie TV series called The Sullivans. Kitty was a young and influential daughter of one of the main characters.

But she was also a very prim and proper young lass.

I dont think ES meant it in a derogatory sense by any means. It quite a common saying in Australia.

Ah yes, perhaps that's the explanation. I've know some very capable and mature Thai men with names like Kittipong and Kittisak, but no one dared call them "Kitty" Maybe because they are medical doctors. And a female Thai doctor with the name of Kittiwan and you don't mess around by calling her "Kitty" either.

Not everybody with Kitti in their name has Kitti as a nickname.

There are capable and mature and high status Thai men whose everyday name used by all with respect is Kitti.

Confusing the name with the thing is quite common.

I really don't care about Evenstevens writing style, I am just happy that the prices are not what I remember from my one and only visit to the Raintree years ago. Under 200 baat is par for a course of western food these days in town, even at the venerable Stube. Now I don't often eat western food when in-country, but there are those rare occasions so for 200 baat it would save me a trip into the city. Of course in Mae Rim Plaza you can always get one of the best khao soi dishes around for a mere 40 baat.

I've heard a few people mention the Khao Soi at Mae Rim Plaza--do you know the name offhand? Sounds like a good option.