Udon teens blame 'GTA' for beating elderly westerners

webfact

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm....Thai males bashing up foreigners by outnumbering them then all jumping in like the moronic little cowards they are.

This could be taxi drivers, security guards anything. This is typical Thai behaviour.

What country are you from? In the UK, teenagers are much the same.

Sounds a bit racist.

I have always believed this, desensitizes the knuckleheads, what game did they learn kicking someone's head in by 6 or more, even the girls are using this tactic, by some of the videos on FB, a Disgrace, should be Banned these games, sure some can handle it without acting out, but u have these imbeciles who cannot control themselves...

Society should not pander to the lowest common denominator. If we always did so we would not have movies, music, dancing, drinks, and much of our modern technology.

Edited by Crash999

Their are two traits that cause this type of thinking and attitude.

Boredom ... and lack of Parental control.

Bored kids look for trouble ..... busy kids don't. Strict parents with authority on the kid means he will be responsible. Parents who couldn't careless will have kids who don't understand responsibility.

These kids blame a game for their actions? Unable to define virtual from reality?

Perhaps they need a reset, tazer to the temple should help with that..........................wink.png

I really hope they were tested for drugs before being locked up, because these are not the actions of normal functioning people.

I have always believed this, desensitizes the knuckleheads, what game did they learn kicking someone's head in by 6 or more, even the girls are using this tactic, by some of the videos on FB, a Disgrace, should be Banned these games, sure some can handle it without acting out, but u have these imbeciles who cannot control themselves...

Quite true, however don't forget the imbeciles that are playing real live ganes in the middle east and telling us what to do, along with theiving from the poor , drug dealing and selling arms to IS and any other terrorist they can.wai2.gif

They play the same games in Korea and Japan, yet don't hear of this sort of crap from them. What this does show (once more) is total unwillingness (or even the idea of) taking responsibility for one's actions. Always blame some other factor. Like kid who kills parents and begs judge "Have mercy on me. I'm an orphan"

Time for the Thai Police and government to make these fools pay, and all fools.. These little shits high on whatever they take, are out of control.. But it's the same all over the world..

I agrre with you but ,Not all over the World. Where I was brought up these little @uck-wits would have been sorted out by "other people" not the cops.

It has been shown in many studies and experiments that impersonal video games do have an effect. However that is no excuse for the behavior, and that should not be allowed as any basis of a defense.

No disagreement from me. The first sentence does get me to wondering of the affect of shooting/military games on helping produce a gun violent society.

To me, video games are the hallmark of a very small mind.

I have a nephew that loves GTA. He's completely worthless in all aspects of life.

Rubbish, I love video games and have a Master's degree.

I play FSP games such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, etc. regularly and never had the inclination to go out and shoot someone. BTW, I work in particle and quantum physics for three decades and multiple degrees <and no, I'm not making that up>. smile.png

They play the same games in Korea and Japan, yet don't hear of this sort of crap from them. What this does show (once more) is total unwillingness (or even the idea of) taking responsibility for one's actions. Always blame some other factor. Like kid who kills parents and begs judge "Have mercy on me. I'm an orphan"

That's correct. And it's because kids in Japan and Korea are much smarter than Thai kids and understand responsibility & what's right from wrong !

I am friend of the 74yo German who has beaten to cardiac arrest but could get reanimated. He confirmed yesterday that these blokes have been after money primarily.

I know 2 more victims of this gang who left Udonthani in panic instead of reporting to the police after they have been attacked TWICE last sunday night.

They are also friends of mine and told me that during the fight the guys were screaming "GIve Money, give money".

So in my eyes this game story is only an attempt to cover worst incidents with a nicer coat.

To me, video games are the hallmark of a very small mind.

I have a nephew that loves GTA. He's completely worthless in all aspects of life.

Rubbish, I love video games and have a Master's degree.

I play FSP games such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, etc. regularly and never had the inclination to go out and shoot someone. BTW, I work in particle and quantum physics for three decades and multiple degrees <and no, I'm not making that up>. smile.png

I also enjoy FPS games, but unlike you I regularly get the inclination to go out and shoot someone. This has, however, nothing to do with the gamestongue.png

If you have worked with particle and quantum physics and have multiple degrees what on earth are you doing working for TV??biggrin.png

BTW, have recently discovered the online game WOT - recommended!

I am friend of the 74yo German who has beaten to cardiac arrest but could get reanimated. He confirmed yesterday that these blokes have been after money primarily.

I know 2 more victims of this gang who left Udonthani in panic instead of reporting to the police after they have been attacked TWICE last sunday night.

They are also friends of mine and told me that during the fight the guys were screaming "GIve Money, give money".

So in my eyes this game story is only an attempt to cover worst incidents with a nicer coat.

It is of course an attempt to blame someone else, in this case the WESTERN game developers and such. Like in anything else in Thailand, it's always someone or something else's fault, especially the non-Thai ways and values. When it comes to young Thai males, who have only the pick-up driving, laokao drinking and gun touting Somchai dad and uncle as role models, coupled with a limited education and a massive inferiority complex, it doesn't bode well. And add a police and judicial system that are too soft in cases like this.

Interesting, that millions of teenagers and adults worldwide, play games like GTA, Doom or other ego-shooters and do NOT develop violent behavior!

To me the arguments, that certain kinds of music, video games or movies trigger violent behavior always was a point, made by people who look for the easy way out of any responsibility!

It was already banned for sale in Thailand in 2008 after a copycat murder - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/2504016/Thailand-bans-Grand-Theft-Auto-after-copycat-murder.html. Guess they were able to torrent it.

Bans don't really solve anything, nutcases are gonna be nutcases.

I totally agree with you jspill.

The three questions that come to mind thereafter are :

1/ Did any government, anywhere and anytime in history, earnestly try to adress the root of a social problem rather than its immediate effects ?

Banning alcohol, drugs, video games, is almost as absurd as, say, making the flu illegal. Not only does it not solve the problem, but it usually makes it worse, because the banned products immediately become a business opportunity for mafias.

2/ Is it even possible to adress the root of the problem ? If we apply the proverbial advice : 'follow the money trail', we will immediately find out that all these drugs (and video games are a kind of drug) are imagined and manufactured very legally by very legal companies who make very legal mountains of money out of that business. Which makes said companies almost untouchable, because it's not the politicians who control them, it's the other way round. Three very famous examples : tobacco, oil, guns (in the US).

3/ So ... What is the real and deep root of the problem ? I will leave that question open.

Edited by Yann55