New Golf course in Buriram

superal

Hello Chudless ,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply . Very disappointing answer as the area would benefit from a decent standard golf course , what with the footy stadium and racetrack it would make Buriram even more of an attractive place to live especially with the local airport facility .

However I think we have to count our blessings , in that the army have their courses and allow them to be used by the public . For sure the condition of the Buriram & Surin army fairways are not up to a high standard and are like concrete but the greens and the courses layouts are generally ok .

Have travelled to Korat twice in the last month to play at the Korat Country Club or also known as The Rooks . How I wish we could have something similar in the Surin area . Maybe petition Newin Chidchob ?

It was talked about that he'd bought a large piece of land opposite the stadium to build the golf course. He's just taking his time and finding a top course designer, hopefully.

Newin already owns the land opposite the I-Mobile Stadium. It is part of his gravel pit company. It would be great to add a PGA level golf course in Buriram as it would generate a lot of use. Buriram has become the destination of football. and of car and motorcycle racing (Chang International Speedway) the number of fans has grown exponentially. The number of tourist buses from all over Thailand attest to that. New T-shirt sales for the team are incredibly high and shoppers have to wait in some pretty long lines.The city of Buriram itself is prospering big time. with new businesses and hotels cropping up all the time. Even the highways in and out of Buriram are vastly improving. I have lived in Buriram now for over 18 years as a teacher and orphanage director and we love it here. There's no place like home. Ya'll come now, ya hear?