The Love Game: Bangkok Singles Stuck Between Worlds Old and New (Photos)

rooster59

The Love Game: Bangkok Singles Stuck Between Worlds Old and New (Photos)

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

post-247607-0-55493700-1455345061_thumb.

Hundreds gather to pray for love at 9:30pm on Thursday at the Trimurti Shrine beside CentralWorld in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — With nine red roses and nine incense sticks in her hands, a woman stood still in front of the shrine while keeping her eyes closely on the watch.

“She’s waiting for the magic hour,” said her friend standing beside, referring to the time a god comes all the way down from heaven to listen to human wishes.

At 9.30pm every Thursday night, the Trimurti Shrine offers a unique scene with hundreds of people, some of the most desperately single, gather to pray not at a temple but in the shadow of one of the capital city’s biggest shopping malls, CentralWorld.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1455343808

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-01-13

These women are missing the point of love and marriage. A woman should chose her husband from people she knows. It is up to her to show him she is the one for him. I am not saying ask out on a date or any thing like that. She should just become accustom to reading his needs when she is in his presence. Do things to assist him or have him take notice she feels what he feels. Ig his glass is empty fill it. If he drops something make attempt to pick it up. What I am saying is try to show him the woman can enhance his life. Show that you understand what he needs and how to take care of him. All men want women who can take care. Even bake or cook something and give to him.Yes these are old fashioned things but the needs in a relationship are emotionally the same now as ever. Woman may have a job money security but they need to be needed and loved too.

The best way to say it is."If you want someone to show you they love you,show that person you love him"

These men are missing the point of love and marriage. A man should chose his wife from people he knows. It is up to him to show her he is the one for her. I am not saying ask out on a date or any thing like that. He should just become accustom to reading her needs when he is in her presence. Do things to assist her or have her take notice he feels what she feels. If her glass is empty, fill it. If she drops something make attempt to pick it up. What I am saying is try to show her the man can enhance her life. Show that you understand what she needs and how to take care of her. All women want men who can take care. Even bake or cook something and give to her. Yes these are old fashioned things but the needs in a relationship are emotionally the same now as ever. Man may have a job, money, security but they need to be needed and loved too.

The best way to say it is."If you want someone to show you they love you,show that person you love her"

Edited by villagefarang

These women are missing the point of love and marriage. A woman should chose her husband from people she knows. It is up to her to show him she is the one for him. I am not saying ask out on a date or any thing like that. She should just become accustom to reading his needs when she is in his presence. Do things to assist him or have him take notice she feels what he feels. Ig his glass is empty fill it. If he drops something make attempt to pick it up. What I am saying is try to show him the woman can enhance his life. Show that you understand what he needs and how to take care of him. All men want women who can take care. Even bake or cook something and give to him.Yes these are old fashioned things but the needs in a relationship are emotionally the same now as ever. Woman may have a job money security but they need to be needed and loved too.

The best way to say it is."If you want someone to show you they love you,show that person you love him"

How's the weather back there in the 1950s?

. Do things to assist him or have him take notice she feels what he feels. If his glass is empty fill it. If he drops something make attempt to pick it up. What I am saying is try to show him the woman can enhance his life. Show that you understand what he needs and how to take care of him.

Ah! if only the reality of marriage was even partly like that there would be a lot more happy blokes around! wub.png

Not much difference to praying for lottery numbers...

I have one ticket every week been praying for 40 years. Maybe I will switch to the candle flower thing. I better win soon as I am running out of time. Its the last thing left on my Bucket List before its game over. If I overcome the 80 million to one odds now at least my g/f and children can enjoy it.

I can't speak for all men, but a woman desperate for love and marriage, etc, is scary.

I've dated girls here and I've felt they will just take the first guy who's nice to them. Take your time. Go on dates. Don't think going on dates is a bad thing.

"A date is a experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone" (Larry David)

problem is that too many thai men and farangs just want a casual fling or another female added to their tally. Fidelity is virtually unheard of here, men and women are prone to find a second/third bed mate too easily. Makes it hard when the education levels are as bad as they are and parenting doesnt really prepare the kids for adult life. Maybe a bit more respect for others and learning that they are not the most important person in the world would make a big difference but I doubt it. These ladies want to find themselves a mate for life they need to look else where but then the ladies are just as liable to play around as well once they do find someone, fortunately there are some really good ones out there for those that are prepared to do the right thing and look.

How's the weather back there in the 1950s?

Hows the bubonic plague in the middle ages?

problem is that too many thai men and farangs just want a casual fling or another female added to their tally. Fidelity is virtually unheard of here, men and women are prone to find a second/third bed mate too easily. Makes it hard when the education levels are as bad as they are and parenting doesnt really prepare the kids for adult life. Maybe a bit more respect for others and learning that they are not the most important person in the world would make a big difference but I doubt it. These ladies want to find themselves a mate for life they need to look else where but then the ladies are just as liable to play around as well once they do find someone, fortunately there are some really good ones out there for those that are prepared to do the right thing and look.

True. Its a very traditional society. 555.

Anyway, no money no honey is the drill here. And women better be white too if they wanna find that loving sami/salami ⌒.⌒

Edited by stickylies

I must be an exception, I have been happily married to an Isaan woman for 20 years and I have a 6 foot 17 year old son and a wonderful family life to die for!

Who needs a library when the present book is not boring and the other things are still great.

Very happily married and fulfilled.

Please Met don't delete this offensive to some post?

As lovely as they are, Thai girls invariably want a guy to be the centre of their universe. I.e. to disown all their friends and be with them everyday. Problem I have along with my friends is the drama they create when we're apart - the tracking, wanting text check-ins & updates on which bar we are in. I see a lot of Thai guys & some farangs taking selfies outside the bar as proof lol. This pushes guys away eventually and we come to resent the girl. I understand it though as so many Thai girls have been burned by "Jaoshoo" Thai guys cheating on them almost as a hobby, it is so engrained in Thai culture. My last gf couldn't name any of her friends (or own parents) that are in a long-term relationship or marriage whereby the Thai guy has not had giks and meanoi - but they justify it with statements like "at least her dad still provides for the family". Sad really, so many loveless marriages. Half the shit that goes on here with the serial cheating, mistresses, lovechilds seems almost socially acceptable..

Rant over.

A literary work called "Exhortations to Women" (Suphasit Son Ying) by Sunthon Phu, a famous Thai poet who was designated by the UNESCO a Classic Poet of the World in 1986, describes the duties of a good wife which reads in the part :
A wife should show her respect to her husband every day. When the sun sets, she will not go anywhere but prepare the bed for her husband. When the husband goes to bed, she krap him at his feet (by raising the hands pressed together at her chest and prostrating herself at the husband's feet as a Thai way to show her high respect). In the morning, she wakes up before him to cook food and prepare all things for him. When he has breakfast, she sits beside him to see whether he wants anything that she can bring to him. A good wife will not eat before her husband. "

Ah those must have been interesting times indeed.,

I must be an exception, I have been happily married to an Isaan woman for 20 years and I have a 6 foot 17 year old son and a wonderful family life to die for!

Who needs a library when the present book is not boring and the other things are still great.

your avatar is the key to your happy marriage clap2.gif

A literary work called "Exhortations to Women" (Suphasit Son Ying) by Sunthon Phu, a famous Thai poet who was designated by the UNESCO a Classic Poet of the World in 1986, describes the duties of a good wife which reads in the part :

A wife should show her respect to her husband every day. When the sun sets, she will not go anywhere but prepare the bed for her husband. When the husband goes to bed, she krap him at his feet (by raising the hands pressed together at her chest and prostrating herself at the husband's feet as a Thai way to show her high respect). In the morning, she wakes up before him to cook food and prepare all things for him. When he has breakfast, she sits beside him to see whether he wants anything that she can bring to him. A good wife will not eat before her husband. "

Ah those must have been interesting times indeed.,

She krap him at his feet.

"Oy, use the toilet, Jesus, I knew I shouldn't of married a Thai", "Mum, get the mop and bucket, she's krapped again".

yeah that is a classic ;-) the only thing missing in the text above is the part where the wife presents him the weekly bill (while raising the hands pressed together at her chest and prostrating herself at the husband's feet as a Thai way to show her high respect of his money)... 555

yeah that is a classic ;-) the only thing missing in the text above is the part where the wife presents him the weekly bill (while raising the hands pressed together at her chest and prostrating herself at the husband's feet as a Thai way to show her high respect of his money)... 555

Could never understand you people and why you`re always complaining about your Thai wives.

When Farlangs come to Thailand especially those on fixed incomes from abroad and decide to fall head over heals in love with a Thai lady and marry, they should all ready be aware that in the majority of cases the Thai lady will come from a poor or working class background and the Farlang will have to be the main or sole bread winner If they expect otherwise then they should either marry in their own countries or choose a Thai lady from a more upmarket background. Your types marry these women and then complain afterwards that they are money grabbers because you have to support them. What exactly do you expect from your Thai wife? A domestic servant to satisfy your desires who will contribute money equally into the relationship?

Could never understand you people and why you`re always complaining about your Thai wives.

When Farlangs come to Thailand especially those on fixed incomes from abroad and decide to fall head over heals in love with a Thai lady and marry, they should all ready be aware that in the majority of cases the Thai lady will come from a poor or working class background and the Farlang will have to be the main or sole bread winner If they expect otherwise then they should either marry in their own countries or choose a Thai lady from a more upmarket background. Your types marry these women and then complain afterwards that they are money grabbers because you have to support them. What exactly do you expect from your Thai wife? A domestic servant to satisfy your desires who will contribute money equally into the relationship?

A domestic servant is how they were brought up. No westerner married to a Thai expects to be served hand on foot. The Thai wife does this because of her up bringing. As for money grabbers. The majority of western men who have had problems with this will tell you that it is her family that encourage her to ask for money and not their wives. The mother or father always come first and can persuade their daughter to do almost anything. Still money grabbing is not just unique to Thailand, gold diggers are international.

your avatar is the key to your happy marriage clap2.gif

Thanks for the compliment! Unfortunately I am neither Bad or a Banker and have found my wife and her family, have supported me financially during tough times on a number of occasions.

If you marry someone for money, then it will likely run out, so commitment from both sides to making the marriage work, seems to be the trick!

A domestic servant is how they were brought up. No westerner married to a Thai expects to be served hand on foot. The Thai wife does this because of her up bringing. As for money grabbers. The majority of western men who have had problems with this will tell you that it is her family that encourage her to ask for money and not their wives. The mother or father always come first and can persuade their daughter to do almost anything. Still money grabbing is not just unique to Thailand, gold diggers are international.

How absurd and ridiculous you sound. Like a throw back from the old colonial days when they believed the natives had certain characteristics and should be treated as such. If you do have money then believe me, that’s all you have going for you.

How absurd and ridiculous you sound. Like a throw back from the old colonial days when they believed the natives had certain characteristics and should be treated as such. If you do have money then believe me, that’s all you have going for you.

Did you read my post? In Thai culture men are domineering and Thai women are submissive. The western man doesn't expect to be treated like a Thai man, but due to the cultural upbringing of Thai women the tendency to be submissive towards their western husband is natural to them. This more subservient upbringing is deeply rooted in Thai culture and is the norm in Thailand. What do you expect when you marry a girl from another country? She must behave like you, be more like your countries women?

What every man wants is
A woman who is a devil in bed.
A woman with a man can drink and watch football together.
A woman who grows up the children and keeping the house clean.
A woman who earns a lot of money for the common life.

And as a man make sure that these four women never meet each othersmile.png