Why are there so many farang problem drinkers in Thailand?

sheepishkiwi

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you can say a black person is black.

Yes you can, that is if you aren't white.

But he is right..........I cannot call a Pakistani a Paki in my country, but a Pakistani can call me a Brit..Of course no colour reference but to me the same stuff..

The thing is, you're not actually being deliberately obtuse; you just can't help yourself.

There's an obvious and widely-acknowledged difference between the two terms

"Paki" is an offensive term to describe a Pakistani

"Brit" is a colloquial term to describe a Briton who, as we know, isn't necessarily always white

Have you nothing better to do than talk shit?

But he is right..........I cannot call a Pakistani a Paki in my country, but a Pakistani can call me a Brit..Of course no colour reference but to me the same stuff..

The thing is, you're not actually being deliberately obtuse; you just can't help yourself.

There's an obvious and widely-acknowledged difference between the two terms

"Paki" is an offensive term to describe a Pakistani

"Brit" is a colloquial term to describe a Briton who, as we know, isn't necessarily always white

Actually it would depend on the way the term was used or rather in which context.

I know a couple of Pakkis that refer to
Themselves as that........I'm not half as polite and I won't mention what they call me.

It's context.

Of course you would know about the term..."obtuse", which it seems never applies to yourself....rolleyes.gif

So tell us why a shortened version of a Pakistani is offensive and a shortened version of a British national ain't....?

Sharpest tool in the shed you most definitely are not

Seems to me he provided the explanation

Because a lot of them are Paki's and tiddley winks.

Of course you would know about the term..."obtuse", which it seems never applies to yourself....rolleyes.gif

So tell us why a shortened version of a Pakistani is offensive and a shortened version of a British national ain't....?

Sharpest tool in the shed you most definitely are not

Seems to me he provided the explanation

Explain......?

I can call a guy from Sweden a Swede, or from Finland a Fin, or a Sottish guy a Scot, why is it that I cannot call a Pakistani a Paki....Just Explain it to me...?

Because they are SJW's and in their head any word any white person use for any group is offensive if even one person of the "targeted" group find it offensive all the while not a a single word describing a white person any way, regardless of how many whites think it's offensive, is actually offensive.

Because one has a historical usage as a term of racial abuse towards a minority, and the other doesn't.

I'm always puzzled when people struggle with this stuff. It's pretty straightforward.

Pakistan is a minority.............rolleyes.gif......191,000,000........UK..65,000,000

I am English, traced a thousand years of my history....Then call me a Norman, much prefer an Englander , but l cannot in some opinions use a shortened version of their homeland, Pakistan.....Why is that...?

Racial abuse.....Bwaaaaaaaah.......Gawd..

Pakistanis are a minority in the UK.

Again, I'm amazed I'm having explain something so obvious.

Because one has a historical usage as a term of racial abuse towards a minority, and the other doesn't.

I'm always puzzled when people struggle with this stuff. It's pretty straightforward.

Pakistan is a minority.............rolleyes.gif......191,000,000........UK..65,000,000

I am English, traced a thousand years of my history....Then call me a Norman, much prefer an Englander , but l cannot in some opinions use a shortened version of their homeland, Pakistan.....Why is that...?

But i bet a case of Chang beer (if that is your taste) that you do not find the word farang offensive.

But i bet a case of Chang beer (if that is your taste) that you do not find the word farang offensive.

Why would I? It's a neutral term used to denote a certain group, with no negative connotations or history of abusive usage (outside of the fevered imaginations of a few over-sensitive expats desperate for an excuse to play the victim card).

Note, there is a difference between a word that is considered offensive, and a neutral word used in an offensive context.

But seriously. It's 2016. Do you guys really need a race relations primer this late in the game?

Twist stuff eh........A ref to Paki is world wide.......Ref to a Brit is world wide, ref to a Swede is world wide.........Yet you say ref to Paki is offensive......Worldwide

I'm not sure how much more simply anyone can explain it. If you're determined not to engage the idea, you'll probably remain ignorant for the rest of your life.

Shall we get back to discussing booze now? I'm thirsty.

Why would I? It's a neutral term used to denote a certain group, with no negative connotations or history of abusive usage (outside of the fevered imaginations of a few over-sensitive expats desperate for an excuse to play the victim card).

Note, there is a difference between a word that is considered offensive, and a neutral word used in an offensive context.

But seriously. It's 2016. Do you guys really need a race relations primer this late in the game?

Wait, wasn't it that the group a word is used for that decides if something is offensive? Or does that only apply to "non-whites"? For instance the word negro, it has only been "racist" to use last 40ish years or so, even MLK used it all the time before he was assassinated. So, it was very much a neutral word (and still is) only problem is that SJW's like yourself jump out of the bushes and start bashing people for using a word because you think and more importantly, feel, it's "racist". Anyhow, here is a good picture telling you the issue with SJW's...

F0opqCm.jpg

Negro isn't racist. It's rather antiquated and has somewhat fallen out of favour, but it's not particularly offensive.

Using it just makes you seem rather out of touch. Like saying 'gramophone' or 'lavatory'.

Seriously, is it so hard to get your head round this stuff?

Edited by SoiBiker

Negro isn't racist. It's rather antiquated and has somewhat fallen out of favour, but it's not particularly offensive.

Using it just makes you seem rather out of touch. Like saying 'gramophone' or 'lavatory'.

Seriously, is it so hard to get your head round this stuff?

Nope, i'm fully aware "about this stuff".

Reason for the word negro, as you say has fallen out of favour, is simply because people are afraid of getting a lable on them and the labling is done by SJW's and massmedia which is plagued with them. And i can assure you that if you would use the word negro anywhere in the western world you would be labled as a racist (if you are white).

I fink folk should mind their own business.........coffee1.gif

Funny how that "mind your own business" line comes up whenever the usual suspects are uncomfortable with the topic.

Excessive drinking, large age-gap relationships and monthly stipends . . . same, same

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder about the age gap thing. It is all we ever hear from you.

I would bet my last satang that you are resentful and jealous.

By the same rule you can't call me a Brit when I'm in Thailand.

Unless you're a racist.

By the same rule you can't call me a Brit when I'm in Thailand.

Unless you're a racist.

Only if you are white it's ok to call you a brit anywhere at anytime. If you aren't a white brit then it's racism.. see, the skin color is hyper-super-turbo-ninja-important for SJW's when it's about words.

I fink folk should mind their own business.........coffee1.gif

Funny how that "mind your own business" line comes up whenever the usual suspects are uncomfortable with the topic.

Excessive drinking, large age-gap relationships and monthly stipends . . . same, same

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder about the age gap thing. It is all we ever hear from you.

I would bet my last satang that you are resentful and jealous.

And you would lose that satang, Plato

Jealous of what, exactly?

Your ability to pay a local woman with financial imperatives to pretend to like you?

Yeah, absolutely . . . I'm green with envy because, having lived here for a number of years, I couldn't step outside my apartment right now and get the same thing in 5 minutes flat, could I?

Your ability to pay a local woman with financial imperatives to pretend to like you?

It works for me!

And so much easier than pretending to listen to what they say ...... or care about their 'feelings'.

Edited by MaeJoMTB