British Man first to marry on Valentine's Day in Pattaya

webfact

British Man first to marry on Valentine’s Day in Pattaya

valentine-3.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA; -- A British man and his Thai partner were the first couple to be married at the District Office on Valentine’s Day in Pattaya.

Over one hundred couples are thought to have registered their marriages at the Banglamung District Office on Sunday, which opened to accommodate those who wished to “tie-the-knot” on the most romantic day of the year.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221476/british-man-first-marry-valentines-day-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-02-15

So many of are so cynically negative. Obviously you have bad luck stories to tell as have I and countless others,

however I married my Thai wife almost ten years ago at the same Amphur in Banglamung and we still live in Pattaya...together!.

I have a lot of British friends here in Pattaya who are also married to Thai women, many for longer than me, and all, like me, very happy.

Give this guy a chance, grow up and stop being so negative.

another fool trapped into paradise.. Anyway Good Luck

buying a toyota pick up for who ? possibly the brother of thai wife NO.1 mistake .

transfering 3 milliion baht to wifess family ( hello is that birds chirping in the trees or a cuckoo or should i say 1 flew over the cuckoos nest ...cuckoo cuckoo ...) definately NO. 2 mistake

They say love is blind , it certainly is in this case ... wake up in 2 years or will it be 2 months and smell the coffee and the loss of 4 million baht ... well no need for him to complain later no symphaphy good luck he will need it , i will give it 2 years at the most sorry but what a silly thing to do transfer 3 million baht and buy a pick up for ( someone elses family )...

Up to him. coffee1.gif

Yes exactly, no one's business other than his what he does with his money, whether your speaking hypothetical, rhetorically of not. . There are far too many smirking comments on TV criticizing Thailand or Thais, gets so boring after a while. Go home if your not happy in Thailand, or if you have no direct connection with Thailand, find another forum for your venom spitting. The interesting informative information and discussions just gets pushed aside by innate comments. He's happy she's happy, and these smart-a commentators are sitting in the same chair, with the same mates that he was 20 years ago. Goes home drunk to a lonely room or a nagging falang wife.

irrespective of who he is marrying or any of the other miserable venom dripping from the thread, i cant conceive why anyone would wish to tie their nuptuals to a hallmark holiday and get married in a clerks office amdist a throng of valentines day loving simpletons.

one would hope there was enough of a foundation for the marriage that gimmicks would be unnecessary.

personally i couldnt marry a woman who is willing to do so on valentines day.

From someone who married a Thai lady (more than 40 years ago) who never worked in a bar and was not born in the North East and with whom I have two grown up daughters, I find jalansanitwong's post above, ill-informed, racist, offensive and a few other negative adjectives.

Wish the couple well and hope that they have friends more enlightened than the above poster.

It looks like the farang is taking money out to give the smiling Thai official.

Probably marriage licence fee....300 b

He better get used to it because the bins will be coming in thick and fast from hereon in.

With 1,124 postings under your belt I can only assume that most of your postings were as repugnantly racist as that above. After all this forum is for those that have a positive interest, even love for Thais and Thailand, not a venomous negativity.

Just what is your interest in Thailand ?

Would this be the same amphur in Banglamung that refused to marry me to my girlfriend back in 1991 because (and I quote) "We don't marry Farangs to Thais"? Wow - times have changed.

Anyway to all you TV Naysayers, Doomsday merchants, racists, bigots and general f'wits who have shown their true colours in some of the previous posts in this thread, I shall be taking my wife out for our 25th anniversary in a few months.