Kalasin Accident

Tim16

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car is at fault, can not turn left without making sure the road is clear. It does not matter whether or not he indicated.

Nonsence, the lane had finished as Kartman said.Both at fault Mini Car driver was clearly hovering, and Bike didnt appraise the situation due to his speed and stupidity.

Car is at fault, can not turn left without making sure the road is clear. It does not matter whether or not he indicated.

Nonsence, the lane had finished as Kartman said.Both at fault Mini Car driver was clearly hovering, and Bike didnt appraise the situation due to his speed and stupidity.

Does not matter whether the lane was finished or not. Unless you think all motorbike riders are required to move onto the next lane when their lane is finished because the lines have changed'. Car lovers may not be happy with this, but that does not change the fact that the motorbike was legally in the right and the car in the wrong. But of course the bikerider could have avoided this.

I wouldn't drive more than a few meters with a blob like that on my windscreen.

Does not matter whether the lane was finished or not. Unless you think all motorbike riders are required to move onto the next lane when their lane is finished because the lines have changed'. Car lovers may not be happy with this, but that does not change the fact that the motorbike was legally in the right and the car in the wrong. But of course the bikerider could have avoided this.

The hard shoulder is not considered to even be a lane. The scooter is at fault.

Really?? you seem to be using the vocabulary of another country....

i wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was a foreigner driving the car.....high probability that a foreigner would consider making a L/H turn without checking in the mirror.

Edited by cumgranosalum

Really?? you seem to be using the vocabulary of another country....

i wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was a foreigner driving the car.....high probability that a foreigner would consider making a L/H turn without checking in the mirror.

"hard shoulder"
noun
(British) a surfaced verge running along the edge of a motorway for emergency stops

Just because it is being used as a lane does not mean it is legal to do so.

Yes, very true.

I don't know the specifics there, and if it is not meant as a lane the motorbike was at fault. I do know here in many places the hard shoulder is a lane.

I would have thought that anyone who has driven more than a few yards in Thailand would be aware that the road shoulder is used - legally or illegally - as a motorbike lane.lane. Many roads the left hand lane is even slightly narrower and almost exclusively populated by motorcycles.

It is one of the main differences between Thailand and Laos where motorcycles take a full part in the traffic....as they do in Europe - passing a bike is the same as passing a car.

Now whether this situation is legal or not is pretty much irrelevant if you intend to drive safely in Thailand - just because you think it is illegal doesn't mean it doesn't happen and anyone who thinks they can ignore this does so at their peril

i see motorcycle riders riding on the inside of traffic at speed all the time, i also often see them riding and not paying attention. (i believe this is why so many motorcyclists hit parked or stationery vehicles)

i see car drivers making maneuvers without checking in the mirror or indicating.

add all this together and you have the second most dangerous roads in the world.

the fact that someone could drive off after such an accident and not stop to at least call the emergency services is heartless, but sadly in this country, not surprising.

car cut in front of the scooter.
if you say "The scooter is at fault.", then you have not know the rules of the road and do not have to be accept drived any vehicles.
scooter can only MAY be can be guilty of failure to comply with the speed limit. but my eyes do not determine the speed . can you have a special certificate instrument in the your eyes for check speed?biggrin.png

Motorbike's fault.

Reason:

Speeding (over legal limit)

Speeding (way over any speed that could be considered safe for his road position)

Reckless driving (Putting aside the speed, driver of motorbike seems to have no awareness that cars may turn left and completely fails to react when a car turns left)

I would have to say abysmal driving by the rider of the bike, even worse when he carries the responsibility for his helmetless pillion passenger.

Car driver has to carry a portion of the blame (20%??) for failing to spot the motorcyclist and failing to emergency brake prior to the collision. However given the reckless speed and wilful and foolish determination of the motorbike not to drop any speed whatsoever, one cannot fully blame the car driver.

At the police station, I imagine the car driver will be found at fault due to the fact it was turning and if any vehicle has insurance, it will be the car.

Motorbike's fault.

Reason:

Speeding (over legal limit)

Speeding (way over any speed that could be considered safe for his road position)

Reckless driving (Putting aside the speed, driver of motorbike seems to have no awareness that cars may turn left and completely fails to react when a car turns left)

I would have to say abysmal driving by the rider of the bike, even worse when he carries the responsibility for his helmetless pillion passenger.

Car driver has to carry a portion of the blame (20%??) for failing to spot the motorcyclist and failing to emergency brake prior to the collision. However given the reckless speed and wilful and foolish determination of the motorbike not to drop any speed whatsoever, one cannot fully blame the car driver.

At the police station, I imagine the car driver will be found at fault due to the fact it was turning and if any vehicle has insurance, it will be the car.

Yes, he may get a fine for speeding. But that does not out him at fault.

It is not the first time I see that happening here, but I'm appalled at the level of road rule analysis here, does not bode well for the driving skills of foreigners in Thailand.