I Now Hate Thai Food.

baboon

I used to love and I mean LOVE Thai food. However in the last couple of weeks I just cannot bear to eat it. Thai food still smells great, really appetising, but once in my mouth just tastes hot, plain and dry. I have tried various places but to no effect. Any ideas as to why?

I used to love and I mean LOVE Thai food. However in the last couple of weeks I just cannot bear to eat it. Thai food still smells great, really appetising, but once in my mouth just tastes hot, plain and dry. I have tried various places but to no effect. Any ideas as to why?

are you a real baboon?...all the real baboons i know never liked thai food.....

Well I must say I do like peanuts and bananas, but that is also why I used to enjoy Thai food in the first place.

time for a couple of visits to sizzler or mcdonalds to reset your taste buds :o

Well I must say I do like peanuts and bananas, but that is also why I used to enjoy Thai food in the first place.

time for a couple of visits to sizzler or mcdonalds to reset your taste buds :D

i think its best that you speak to 1 of the photographed gibbons,i think they could help ya...good luck :o

Chimp here... Your problem is serious.

Firstly, it's all the hair on your face.

shave.

Next, how can you enjoy the experience with those great big paws of your. With the hard leather like padding, you can't hold any cutlery, and eating with your hands takes the pleasure away, cos you can't feel the sensitive nature with all that roughness.

Use hand cream.

Now, I know colgate don't have toothpaste for Baboons, and you've probably been using Aquafresh instead.

NO! Crest make a prefectly good Baboon Minty Gel that can be applies using a toilet brush. (if you can find a wc brush)

Digestive. Perhaps you've been having digestive problems.

Eat less banana's and more peanuts. Look at the elephants.

Next. Play with yourself more.

Follow these instructions to the letter, and your probs should disappear.

Back to the serious point..

I am with you. Used to eat it all the time - even when going overseas!

Really gone off it now, just eating Thai/Isaan once or twice a week. I think it is just a case of too much for too long. I have no doubt that I will get fed up of Italian soon as I am really turning into a pizza fiend :o

^Same idea. If you eat the same food for long enough, you'll get tired of it. Even caviar's just salty fish eggs.

Since I get lunch at school, which is of course Thai, I usually keep a bit of variety by having something less Thai for dinner, or I eat at a farang-ized Thai place where there are more Western veggies and so forth.

shave.

Next, how can you enjoy the experience with those great big paws of your. With the hard leather like padding, you can't hold any cutlery, and eating with your hands takes the pleasure away, cos you can't feel the sensitive nature with all that roughness.

Use hand cream.

Now, I know colgate don't have toothpaste for Baboons, and you've probably been using Aquafresh instead.

NO! Crest make a prefectly good Baboon Minty Gel that can be applies using a toilet brush. (if you can find a wc brush)

:o Such fine advice Kayo, we can always rely on you! :D

Well yeah eating the same food all the time can make you not like it, but later you will like it again.

I used to only eat Italian food, pizza, spag bol etc, after a few yearsi hated spag bol, It tasted very plain to me and i didnt want to touch it for a while, but now i love it again. But i dont eat it as much.

I also when through a cesar salad phase where I used to eat it every 2 days atleast, not I hate it.

Maybe you just need to take a break

shave.

Use hand cream.

:o Such fine advice Kayo, we can always rely on you! :D

I agree Soph, kayo's a well needed breath of fresh air!

Could it be a symptom of depression?

I recently went through two weeks of depression and eating only western food. I got better when I returned to Thailand.

Could it be a symptom of depression?

I don't know but I have been told Brit food is pretty bland eat that for a while and you will probably get back on your feed, just kidding :o It doe gt old eationg the same thing all the time, we have Thai, American, Italian and Mexican food in the house. That usually makes for a good veriety and I always look forward to seeing what the wifes decides on for the evening.

I took the time to read the other thread, forget everything I just said go back and read your other thread. Sound like a symptom is raising it's ugly head. I think you will find all you need in your first thread, I wish you luck,

Yeah, I reckon the "if you eat the same thing all the time you will get sick of it" posters have got it about right.

Talking to my Mother, she told me a while ago she could not face life without sushi, but now the sight of it makes her feel sick.

Kayo, I took your advice about playing with myself more .[which I thought pretty much impossible]

Thanks for the Police caution!

Thanks all for keeping this thread lighthearted as I had hoped for...

Yeah, I reckon the "if you eat the same thing all the time you will get sick of it" posters have got it about right.

Talking to my Mother, she told me a while ago she could not face life without sushi, but now the sight of it makes her feel sick.

Kayo, I took your advice about playing with myself more .[which I thought pretty much impossible]

Thanks for the Police caution!

Thanks all for keeping this thread lighthearted as I had hoped for...

playing wid yerself has nuttin' to do wid it...I hated thai food when I was a virile 3 times per day man and still hate thai food now that I am dysfunctional...no relationship whatsoever...

now, wid cheeseburgers they were my favorite repast as a virile man...now as a dysfunctional cartucho (tell 'em what that means Kayo) I am reduced to mama noodles and boiled eggs...

your tastebuds need to be reset to ground state.... this happened to me as well... the cure is something big and meaty like a steak or a whole chicken... and something spicy as hel_l. Am now back to enjoying everything again

:o

ps brush your tongue!!!

ah's havin' chicken tonite...gonna get 7-8 roast birds to feed our house building crew and the family (most of the house building crew are family members)...later to see if there is any stirring in the loins...

I ran in to this problem as well...my solution was to go out and buy some real hickory smoked bacon, genuine sliced white bread,mayonnaise, some fresh tomatoes, and lettuce. I then purchased a electric fry pan and proceeded to show my Thai girlfriend how bacon should be properly cooked ( crispy, not soggy like every Thai believes it should be served) and spent the entire day eating B.L.T sandwiches. I was cured ( and my girlfriend has a new appreciation for bacon ).......good luck

got home too late from bein' on the road to Kanchana and the chickens had sold out (sum kinda chinese holiday today and a shopping frenzy?)...had to make do with a can of Campbell's minestrone. But have to admit that BLTs do get the juices flowing...however it's usually midafternoon and the wife is out conducting business...sigh, have to retire in front of the laptop with the 'torture mansion virgins' website...

OK, this will kill or cure you.

You should try the pickled eggs in the pink shells (available Lotus and elsewhere). They are called "kai yeo ma" which means "horse piss eggs". I tried asking on the Thai language forum if this description was to be taken literally but have not had an answer yet.

Anyway they are rather tasty. Give them a try before you know the answer to the question I have just posed and then, when you find out the answer, you may have a good reason to hate Thai food.

I like pickled eggs...a couple always went down a treat with your pint of mild in the east midlands. But pickled eggs in England are peeled and are displayed in the brine that they are pickled in. The process that allows eggs to be pickled while still in the shell eludes me...other than to speculate that there is an evil, voodoo intention to rob our essential bodily fluids...

These pickled eggs are quite different from the English ones. You can get salty eggs here that are pickled in brine, but the ones i am referring to have a pink shell and the white of the egg is a dark red jelly when you remove the shell. the yolk is dark also and is hard with a soft centre.

Both are available in Lotus in packs of 4 (usually near the normal eggs). The salty ones (which are duck eggs I believe) are white, but go for the pink ones. Yummy.