I Love Pattaya

summerT

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I was here first I used to hang around Pat Pong and Nana for a couple of years or so, until I found better places to go, could speak the language, realised what the girls were after(money, in case anyone doesn't know), and really saw the people around there for what they are. Nearly all the guys I meet that have been shafted by Thai girls have picked them up in the holiday areas - Pattaya, Samui, Nana etc. I really don't understand why guys who have been here for years still hang out there with these girls who are after the gullible farang. SURELY they know why these girls go there to work and what they think of farang.

Bangkok/Thailand is a huge place and has so much more to offer.

Is it just me or do others get pissed off being treated like a tourist, especially in the tourist areas?

Neeranam......what is your problem with people doing what you used to do?

When I was here first I used to hang around Pat Pong and Nana for a couple of years or so, until I found better places to go, could speak the language, realised what the girls were after(money, in case anyone doesn't know), and really saw the people around there for what they are. Nearly all the guys I meet that have been shafted by Thai girls have picked them up in the holiday areas - Pattaya, Samui, Nana etc. I really don't understand why guys who have been here for years still hang out there with these girls who are after the gullible farang. SURELY they know why these girls go there to work and what they think of farang.

Is it just me or do others get pissed off being treated like a tourist, especially in the tourist areas?

I've no problem with it, did I say I did? Just trying to offer some advice to those who don't know the score.

Great Sunday Dinner at the Vic, though!!!
Yeah, it was great.
Neeranam the bitter ex-whoremonger hater of tourist areas because he was priced out of them years ago and forced to live in a rundown shack in the middle of nowhere.

:o I live in the middle of a very large city, in a very nice house.

If you have a look at the pinned topic at the top of this forum, Udon's first post provides a good map of the area... showing the proximity of Jomtien to Pattaya.

Personally, I'd recommend Bang Sare... only 15 minutes south of Pattaya... clean beaches... not too many tourists... but I'm not sure of the cost of accomodation in the area.

There are no hotels there, so the resorts there are pretty much Thai-style... much the same as anywhere else in the country.

Thanks a lot Jai Dee - exactly what I was looking for. :D

In that case, why did you post the following on 8th October on the Pataya Vs Samui thread?

Quote:

went to Pattaya last year and would never go back -it's a shithole, full of the dregs of Thai society and farang whoremongers.

Unquote

Methinks someone in our midst is being a tad hypocrtical :o

Is there any place in Pattaya that is good for young kids?

My wife and daughter are hassling me to go to the sea and we can't afford to go to Phuket or a proper beach resort.

I walked up soi 8, I think it was, a few years ago with my little daughter and a few girls came up and did the "oo na rak" thing to us. I still got the "handsome man" shouted at me a few times, which was surprising as I had a push chair. I wouldn't go back to that downtown area with her, being older.

Is there another area that I haven't seen away from all the nonsense?

Neeranam the bitter ex-whoremonger hater of tourist areas because he was priced out of them years ago and forced to live in a rundown shack in the middle of nowhere. Now one of his biggest joys is to bash these areas all he can. Who can forget this troll thread he started on this subject matter.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...l=tourist+areas

A lot of former-mongers get bitter when they get too old to get a woody anymore! :o

My wife and daughter want to see the sea - some people actually go to beach resorts for that you know, not just because they got a hard on watching Full Metal Jacket, or never had a life and try to make up for it in retirement by going to the only place th.......... STOP, don't get me started :D

As the above clearly suggests, 'Neeranam' appears to find it difficult to mask his deep-seated loathing for Pattaya and its expat residents.

He is not alone it would seem (causing some to invent experiences they have never had), although as to why he and his ilk feel so negatively passionate about a place they have next to no knowledge of, and people they have never met, is beyond my immediate comprehension. :D

I personally detest Bangkok, but never have I felt the need to slag off those who choose to live there and insinuate they are drawn to the place by the NEP, Soi Cowboy etc.

Some unwelcome skeletal remains in the memory cupboard perhaps, or is it simply because their circumstances are such that they can only dream of living in the place they ostensibly scorn...? :o

I agree Noel, however, a couple of the postings here have brought to light a potentially serious problem. If there is "sucky,sucky" and "handsome man" being bantered about downtown, DVK1951 and I will take it upon ourselves to investigate a 1km radius around The Montien in an attempt to identify the perpetrators. All members of PASSOUT are invited to participate as there is strength in numbers. We don't have to take "sucky,sucky" lying down!

DVK1951....you can be the Dad and I'll be the son.

Follow this thread for updates. :D

A pre-scouting mission has revealed that there is indeed a potential for such activities :D , so much so that I will need to sit down with my 'nubile son' Buckwheat prior to making the incursion into the 'den' :D so that he is not trammatized and scarred at such a young age. :D

There appears to be a segment of society that takes it upon themselves the task of boosting the ego's of those in need. Rumor has it that this is a government program to develop LOS as the "hub of ego engineering" :D

Should we survive, we shall continue our report.

The ELDER

Edited by dvk1951

If you have a look at the pinned topic at the top of this forum, Udon's first post provides a good map of the area... showing the proximity of Jomtien to Pattaya.

Personally, I'd recommend Bang Sare... only 15 minutes south of Pattaya... clean beaches... not too many tourists... but I'm not sure of the cost of accomodation in the area.

There are no hotels there, so the resorts there are pretty much Thai-style... much the same as anywhere else in the country.

Thanks a lot Jai Dee - exactly what I was looking for. :D

In that case, why did you post the following on 8th October on the Pataya Vs Samui thread?

Quote:

went to Pattaya last year and would never go back -it's a shithole, full of the dregs of Thai society and farang whoremongers.

Unquote

Methinks someone in our midst is being a tad hypocrtical :o

Dear Mobi,

Thought you had retired from all this nonsense?! I agreed it was best to let 'the boys' get on with what they think is fun. Why, with all the other things to do in Pattaya/Jomthien they have to go endangering 'Mr. Pokey' ---------!!

I've no problem with it, did I say I did? Just trying to offer some advice to those who don't know the score.

Great Sunday Dinner at the Vic, though!!!
Yeah, it was great.
Neeranam the bitter ex-whoremonger hater of tourist areas because he was priced out of them years ago and forced to live in a rundown shack in the middle of nowhere.

:o I live in the middle of a very large city, in a very nice house.

Yeah, I bet $70 a month rents you a real palace. No need to cut down popular places like Pattaya just because they are out of your reach

Yeah, I bet $70 a month rents you a real palace. No need to cut down popular places like Pattaya just because they are out of your reach

3 bedroomed house - 3 bathrooms - nice garden - big western style kitchen - cable tv - broadband internet - quiet area.

Maybe I should go back to work on an oil rig so I can live in pattaya :o

A/C is expensive, very. In my old 1BR Apt my electric bills averaged 3000/mo!

You're being shafted!

I was living in BKK in a 7 year old 40K/mo. condo and I still had roaches.

Your being shafted!

I see by reading you're previous posts that you are a victim of child sexual abuse - what's worrying to me now is that you're going out with a very young girl less than half your age and defending a town well known for it's paedophilism.(is that a word?)

People who were sexually victimized during

childhood are at higher risk of arrest for

committing crimes as adults, including sex crimes,

than are people who did not suffer sexual or

physical abuse or neglect during childhood.

Queers for Fears, why are you actualy spending so much money in Thailand? Is it the buddhism, beaches or what?

Edited by Neeranam

My wife was talking on the phone the other night to an old friend of hers

who is working in Pattaya.

Her mate told her that there are very many Burmese ladies working in Pattaya

now.

Some a lot younger than 18.

Have any of you guys noticed this, or was her mate talking Bull?

Regards,

now.

Regards,

No, I haven't heard this yet, but DVK1951 and I will be glad to investigate and get back to you.

I hope we have better luck than last time...the girls kept laughing at his white tennis shoes, black socks and "Hello Kitty" shorts

DVK...get out your spyglass and let's go hunting!!! :o

now.

Regards,

No, I haven't heard this yet, but DVK1951 and I will be glad to investigate and get back to you.

I hope we have better luck than last time...the girls kept laughing at his white tennis shoes, black socks and "Hello Kitty" shorts

DVK...get out your spyglass and let's go hunting!!! :D

If you guys need assistance, let me know.... :o

Don't believe the lad - never heard the term sucky sucky used in thailand ever, actually the only time I've ever heard it is in Yank movies based on the Vietnam War. Smoking is the correct terminology, sorry the lad isnt credible.

Further more the ladies that I've known and seen in bars - worship children. I'd be very surprised if they offered any services in front of the children, and they generally don't even offer services with such terminology apart from asking to be barfined.

Good point, Maveric. The term 'sucky, sucky' does not exist in Thailand.

Story is a figment of someone's imagination.

Don't believe the lad - never heard the term sucky sucky used in thailand ever, actually the only time I've ever heard it is in Yank movies based on the Vietnam War. Smoking is the correct terminology, sorry the lad isnt credible.

Further more the ladies that I've known and seen in bars - worship children. I'd be very surprised if they offered any services in front of the children, and they generally don't even offer services with such terminology apart from asking to be barfined.

Good point, Maveric. The term 'sucky, sucky' does not exist in Thailand.

Story is a figment of someone's imagination.

Oops.... just read through the whole thread and it wasn't just Maveric who made the point but about a dozen others. Nuff said.

"I'd be happy to help in the 'reinactment' as i agree those 'handsome man' shouters need to be forced out of town"

I DISAGREE!!! for many years -vacationing in Pattaya- i have enjoyed "hello handsome man, sit dow plea!" and i do miss it since the time i was addressed "hello Papa... sit dow plea".

there ought to be a law that elderly gentlemen like me should be addressed in an appropriate manner such as... uhmmm... errr.... perhaps... "hello handsome grandpa... sit dow plea".

:o

please PM me when that law is passed. i haven't been to a bar in two years.

Edited by Dr. Naam