I Love Pattaya

summerT

I hope the conference your wife attended was "Parenting 101"

Why would anyone take their children to a "bar" and then complain about the surroundings when they were only a 5 minute, 5 baht ride from KFC, Burger King, McDonalds, Sizzler etc.?

Please give the name and location of the bar so that the Pattaya Anti Sucky Sucky Observers United Together (PASSOUT) can investigate.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Aha, another PASSOUT charter member able to separate himself from his work :o long enuff to do a little PR for a good cause. :D

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have I got the last word yet? :o

If you keep going for another 414 posts you will end up in having the last word in Bedlam, where this kind of tom-foolery properly belongs. :D

Quite agree. I am retiring. Let's hope the others do too! :D

If you keep going for another 414 posts you will end up in having the last word in Bedlam, where this kind of tom-foolery properly belongs. :D

Fair enough, 'Tammi', the last word is yours... :D

Is there any place in Pattaya that is good for young kids?

My wife and daughter are hassling me to go to the sea and we can't afford to go to Phuket or a proper beach resort.

I walked up soi 8, I think it was, a few years ago with my little daughter and a few girls came up and did the "oo na rak" thing to us. I still got the "handsome man" shouted at me a few times, which was surprising as I had a push chair. I wouldn't go back to that downtown area with her, being older.

Is there another area that I haven't seen away from all the nonsense?

My wife and daughter are hassling me to go to the sea and we can't afford to go to Phuket or a proper beach resort.

I walked up soi 8, I think it was, a few years ago with my little daughter and a few girls came up and did the "oo na rak" thing to us. I still got the "handsome man" shouted at me a few times, which was surprising as I had a push chair. I wouldn't go back to that downtown area with her, being older.

What nonsense??!!! Do you mean the very reason for most guys existence in Pattaya...? If yes, then why not go to the small village outside Buriram where I went once with my teelak? Quiet, everyone goes to bed at 8 p.m. and wakes up at dawn to a flock of screaming roosters. I'm sure you won't find much of the "nonsense" there that disturbed you so much on Soi 8..

:o

What nonsense??!!! Do you mean the very reason for most guys existence in Pattaya...? If yes, then why not go to the small village outside Buriram where I went once with my teelak? Quiet, everyone goes to bed at 8 p.m. and wakes up at dawn to a flock of screaming roosters. I'm sure you won't find much of the "nonsense" there that disturbed you so much on Soi 8..

I'm a bit confused - I thought people went to Pattaya for a number of reasons - good food, diving etc, not just what I called the nonsense.

My wife and daughter want to see the sea - some people actually go to beach resorts for that you know, not just because they got a hard on watching Full Metal Jacket, or never had a life and try to make up for it in retirement by going to the only place th.......... STOP, don't get me started :o

Jomtien, perhaps Koh Samet or Koh larn???

Is it possible to get a decent room for 500B in Jomtien? Is the beach there better than Pattaya?

Is Jomtien part of Pattaya ?

Is it possible to get a decent room for 500B in Jomtien? Is the beach there better than Pattaya?

Is Jomtien part of Pattaya ?

If you have a look at the pinned topic at the top of this forum, Udon's first post provides a good map of the area... showing the proximity of Jomtien to Pattaya.

Personally, I'd recommend Bang Sare... only 15 minutes south of Pattaya... clean beaches... not too many tourists... but I'm not sure of the cost of accomodation in the area.

There are no hotels there, so the resorts there are pretty much Thai-style... much the same as anywhere else in the country.

If you have a look at the pinned topic at the top of this forum, Udon's first post provides a good map of the area... showing the proximity of Jomtien to Pattaya.

Personally, I'd recommend Bang Sare... only 15 minutes south of Pattaya... clean beaches... not too many tourists... but I'm not sure of the cost of accomodation in the area.

There are no hotels there, so the resorts there are pretty much Thai-style... much the same as anywhere else in the country.

Thanks a lot Jai Dee - exactly what I was looking for. :o

A little off topic ..... another quote from FMJ
"where you from private?"

"sir, texas sir"

"Texas?, Only steers and queers come from texas, and you dont look like no steer:

"how tall are you private?"

"sir 6'1'' sir"

"I didn't know thy stacked shit that high"

That may not have been that off topic :o

I'm pretty sure private snowball was 5' 9". He wouldn't even have the common courtesy to give someone a reach around

Soi 8 seems like an odd place to take the family for a walk. That's like me taking a family stroll thru the thermae only worse

Why would you ask?

Aren't you the author of this little gem...

Posted on: 2006-10-08 15:08:15

"I went to Pattaya last year and would never go back -it's a shithole, full of the dregs of Thai society and farang whoremongers"

Why would you ask?

"I went to Pattaya last year and would never go back -it's a shithole, full of the dregs of Thai society and farang whoremongers"

We all have our bad days mate. :o I realise now that there surely must be nice parts to Pattaya, it's just that I haven't seen them yet. I'm thinking now of going to Jomtien.

I wouldn't go back to that area(soi8). It might have been soi 6 - we stayed at the Victoria Pub.

Soi 8 seems like an odd place to take the family for a walk. That's like me taking a family stroll thru the thermae only worse
We had to walk down it to get to the beach.

I was talking to an old friend who goes there for the yachting the other day - he loves it there, but I guess he's well out at sea.

I went for a walk with my two boys and decieded to get something to eat and a beer in a local bar.

<snipped for brevity>

This was right next to where our conference was(Montien hotel).

I'm trying very hard to recall any local bars next to the Montien... :o

Surely he cant mean the Big Ben Pub and restaurant next to the Zeppelin can he? or can he? :D

Why would you ask?

We all have our bad days mate. :D I realise now that there surely must be nice parts to Pattaya, it's just that I haven't seen them yet. I'm thinking now of going to Jomtien.

I wouldn't go back to that area(soi8). It might have been soi 6 - we stayed at the Victoria Pub.

I was talking to an old friend who goes there for the yachting the other day - he loves it there, but I guess he's well out at sea.

Ah so you also are a patron of Soi 6 :o

Why would you ask?

We all have our bad days mate. :o I realise now that there surely must be nice parts to Pattaya, it's just that I haven't seen them yet. I'm thinking now of going to Jomtien.

I'm glad you now realize that there are nice parts to Pattaya since your posting of 2 weeks ago. I'm so glad, as a matter of fact, I'd like to recommend that you take your family to Bang Saen Beach. It will probably save you better than an hour traveling time since it's closer to where you are coming from. The beach is nice, there are hotels that range in price from reasonable up to outrageous , you can sit by the beach and enjoy seafood, jetski, ride banana boats etc. Then you can drive up the mountain and get a few bananas and feed them to the monkeys that will sit on your car. Good eating (farang or Thai, whatever you're looking for) and shopping not bad either.

Nice place to spend a few days.

My wife and daughter want to see the sea - some people actually go to beach resorts for that you know, not just because they got a hard on watching Full Metal Jacket, or never had a life and try to make up for it in retirement by going to the only place th.......... STOP, don't get me started :D

As the above clearly suggests, 'Neeranam' appears to find it difficult to mask his deep-seated loathing for Pattaya and its expat residents.

He is not alone it would seem (causing some to invent experiences they have never had), although as to why he and his ilk feel so negatively passionate about a place they have next to no knowledge of, and people they have never met, is beyond my immediate comprehension. :D

I personally detest Bangkok, but never have I felt the need to slag off those who choose to live there and insinuate they are drawn to the place by the NEP, Soi Cowboy etc.

Some unwelcome skeletal remains in the memory cupboard perhaps, or is it simply because their circumstances are such that they can only dream of living in the place they ostensibly scorn...? :o

My wife and daughter want to see the sea - some people actually go to beach resorts for that you know, not just because they got a hard on watching Full Metal Jacket, or never had a life and try to make up for it in retirement by going to the only place th.......... STOP, don't get me started :D

As the above clearly suggests, 'Neeranam' appears to find it difficult to mask his deep-seated loathing for Pattaya and its expat residents.

He is not alone it would seem (causing some to invent experiences they have never had), although as to why he and his ilk feel so negatively passionate about a place they have next to no knowledge of, and people they have never met, is beyond my immediate comprehension. :D

I personally detest Bangkok, but never have I felt the need to slag off those who choose to live there and insinuate they are drawn to the place by the NEP, Soi Cowboy etc.

Some unwelcome skeletal remains in the memory cupboard perhaps, or is it simply because their circumstances are such that they can only dream of living in the place they ostensibly scorn...? :o

I agree Noel, however, a couple of the postings here have brought to light a potentially serious problem. If there is "sucky,sucky" and "handsome man" being bantered about downtown, DVK1951 and I will take it upon ourselves to investigate a 1km radius around The Montien in an attempt to identify the perpetrators. All members of PASSOUT are invited to participate as there is strength in numbers. We don't have to take "sucky,sucky" lying down!

DVK1951....you can be the Dad and I'll be the son.

Follow this thread for updates. :D

I agree Noel, however, a couple of the postings here have brought to light a potentially serious problem. If there is "sucky,sucky" and "handsome man" being bantered about downtown, DVK1951 and I will take it upon ourselves to investigate a 1km radius around The Montien in an attempt to identify the perpetrators. All members of PASSOUT are invited to participate as there is strength in numbers. We don't have to take "sucky,sucky" lying down!

Best of luck and well done for putting yourselves out in such a selfless way.

However, I think you may be hard pressed (no pun intended) to find a suitable venue anywhere in the immediate vicinity of the Montien:

post-3455-1161845785_thumb.jpg

PS. As you will doubtless want to re-enact the event as per the aggrieved poster's account, where will you get the kids to accompany you from...? :D

Follow this thread for updates.

I'd be happy to help in the 'reinactment' as i agree those 'handsome man' shouters need to be forced out of town :o

Best of luck and well done for putting yourselves out in such a selfless way.

However, I think you may be hard pressed (no pun intended) to find a suitable venue anywhere in the immediate vicinity of the Montien:

post-3455-1161845785_thumb.jpg

PS. As you will doubtless want to re-enact the event as per the aggrieved poster's account, where will you get the kids to accompany you from...? :D

I thought about that too. I lived in the Hard Rock (when it was the Merlin) for 6 months and every day I would have to go a pretty good way to get "offended" (across Pattaya Klang to Soi 7 or 8).

And as far as kids to accompany us, DVK1951 is so old that anyone with him looks like a kid..so no problem there :D

would i take my children through kings cross sydney or soho london, no!! there are so many other attractions in pattaya, and if i was bringing my family to pattaya i would not be staying a hotel on soi8.

jomtien beach, or wongamat beach okfor families,or go to pattaya water park.

and by the way i love pattaya it has everything, and i dont just mean sex.

Fair enough, 'Tammi', the last word is yours... :D

Stan will be very disappointed!

Why would you ask?

Soi 6?????....the Q Vic is in Soi 6! - Most "in-your-face" street in Pattaya!

Sois 7/8 are nothing compared to Soi 6. Soi 7 & 8 comes to life at night but Soi 6 is afternoons and evenings.....

This is the naughtiest street in Pattaya, no wonder you got a bad impression.

There are a lot of beach resorts between Pattaya and Bang Sare, just get the map out and take a look. If you like seafood Bang Sare is good but nearby Ban Amphoe has some fantastic restaurants...try "Preecha".

Round Sattahip are some good beaches, but bring ID, they are run by the navy.

There is an article in Bangkok post "Horizons" last Thursday (26th) about the area.

Towards Bkk....Bang Saen is nice and Sri Racha, but no beach for kids at SR, however there is Koh Sichang Island which has resorts and some beaches....Google the web site - English language by a resident farang.

Neeranam the bitter ex-whoremonger hater of tourist areas because he was priced out of them years ago and forced to live in a rundown shack in the middle of nowhere. Now one of his biggest joys is to bash these areas all he can. Who can forget this troll thread he started on this subject matter.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...l=tourist+areas