I Love Pattaya

summerT

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've found a few nice places that suit me just fine, plus I just want out of bkk. Cant beat going down beach road on a moped, luv it!

And you get to count all the "Same Same" T-Sirts...... don't forget to make a note of the Tatts... they are a good judge of character too :o

Not much of a topic guys Iknow, but I like pattaya so much I've decided to move here. Probably next week some time. Just happy I'm making the move. look out for more posts on where can i buy this or that :o

Good for you, live your life your way.

Since I moved out here, i have not been bored or regret leaving my old life behind. Life for me runs slower here, though the days fly by. At night time there are plenty of bars, resturants and shows, always entertainment to get stuck into.

Good luck with the move and a happy future for you

The place has it's bad side all right, but in truth I have never been happier than I am now. In fact it's so good think I will live to be 110 years old :o

Edited by Rimmer

Not much of a topic guys Iknow, but I like pattaya so much I've decided to move here. Probably next week some time. Just happy I'm making the move. look out for more posts on where can i buy this or that :D

Not much of a topic???

Can't you feel the chill in the air, the darkening of the sky a rustling in the hedgerows as the wailers, whiners and whingers gather in the gloom to crawl back into the web site to have another go at Pattaya bashing?

For days they have had nothing to do, no way to vent their anal mutterings or slide around in their slimy vats of holier-than-though juice....you have released the hoards of the melancholic, the self flagellating born again drudges - the “Pattaya Dellenda Est” brigade!

:o

Not much of a topic guys Iknow, but I like pattaya so much I've decided to move here. Probably next week some time. Just happy I'm making the move. look out for more posts on where can i buy this or that :D

Not much of a topic???

Can't you feel the chill in the air, the darkening of the sky a rustling in the hedgerows as the wailers, whiners and whingers gather in the gloom to crawl back into the web site to have another go at Pattaya bashing?

For days they have had nothing to do, no way to vent their anal mutterings or slide around in their slimy vats of holier-than-though juice....you have released the hoards of the melancholic, the self flagellating born again drudges - the “Pattaya Dellenda Est” brigade!

:o

Very good wilko :D

Read it several times to enjoy it even more :D .

After Blackpool...... anythings got to be better

Whats wrong with Blackpool? :D

Don't you miss the bracing sea air? Seven miles of clean golden sands. Three piers, trams,the Tower and its bars and circus. The Tower Wurlitzer. The best ballrooms in the whole of the UK. The largest number of White Knuckle rides on one site anywhere in the world at the Pleasure Beach. The world's tallest roller coaster.

World class shows and entertainments.

Peaceful, pleasant public parks.

Safe roads and pedestrian crossings.

Beautiful Lancashire lasses who know how to ejoy themselves.

Friendly, helpful bobbies. Street signs and maps that actually help you get to where you are going.

The sound of families and children laughing and having FUN.

And its only a twelve hour flight to Pattaya (thank Buddha). :o

It’s good to see people standing up for where they live.

There are plenty of people all over the world who have never visited Pattaya. They read this forum and decide if they should plan a trip there.

Prospective tourists can read the local newspapers and this forum online. All they see is daily murders, tourists being mugged, complaints about Baht buses and lack of water to homes for days on end.

It doesn’t give the outsider a good impression of your town. I know, I get asked regularly by prospective tourists what place to visit in Thailand and “is Pattaya safe”, because they have heard and read so many bad reports about it

Instead of slinging mud at people who question bold statements on Pattaya being one of the best. Why don’t you put your efforts into convincing people to visit?

What makes Pattaya the best place to visit?

What does Pattaya offer that makes it better than other beach resort in Thailand?

What made you move there?

Was it the nightlife?

Was it the clean beaches?

Was it the convenience of western food?

What are the attractions to make tourists come to enjoy Pattaya?

Thaivisa forums show up on Google searches when people plan trips to Thailand.

Over to you boys, promote your town.

OK...I will...one more time......

Here are a few thoughts on Pattaya for those who can’t make up their mind, or are worried about the sex industry and what it’s like for single women, couples, children etc,

Pattaya is a cheap and in general cheerful town On the Eastern seaboard of Thailand, the climate is great, the cost of living cheap..... The image most people have of a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah is really a result of careless and sensationalist reporting by various media around the world. It is true that there are many middle-aged men who have found they can afford to retire here often with a wife or girlfriend half their age...who are we to judge?....but it is also a fun holiday resort and great value for money.

There is also a lot to do if you are a family on holiday.

Visually, the beaches in Pattaya are not up to much compared to elsewhere in Thailand; it’s a very urban environment...rows of umbrellas and deck-chairs. Although people do swim, the sea is rather polluted…how much is unclear….they claim to have cleaned up the water a lot in the last few years and have marked of areas for swimmers. Neighbouring Jomtien beach about a 15 min “bus” ride away looks to be more swimmer-friendly but there is the occasional bout of untreated sewerage there from time to time. (This IS Thailand!). Cosy beach and Sugar beach between Pattaya and Jomtien offer less crowded or urban alternatives. Bear in mind that what is done to monitor pollution on any of the beaches throughout Thailand is not clear. Inevitably, ALL the main holiday beaches in Thailand are subject to pollution from time to time depending on season wind and tides.

All the same many people enjoy the beaches in and around Pattaya....At both Pattaya and Jomtien beaches you can hire all sorts of water sports stuff, and it’s all pretty cheap. All beaches have plenty of people selling drinks and snacks etc....have a fresh coconut and drink the liquid inside through a straw....very refreshing!

Off shore there are one or two islands with much nicer beaches, they are easily accessible for a day trip. If you go to Koh Laan, the main beach is really just a row of restaurants etc., but, it’s well worth hiring a moped and driving over to the other side of the island.....views from the top are great and there are some very quiet beaches there. Or simply walk along the coast for a bit to get away from the crowds.

On the mainland, Pattaya offers a range of amusement parks, gardens, and theme parks. Nong Nooch Tropical Gardens although recently scandalised by the Beeb for their treatment of Elephants is worth a visit, just don’t support the Elephant rides. Elephant village is similarly not to be supported. Pattaya Park is a Water World amusement park that offers all the usual water rides plus a revolving restaurant and some hair-rising ways of getting up there and back down. Mini Siam is a miniature tour of Thailand - full of bus-loads of tourists with a MacDonald’s’ at the entrance. Million year old stone park has beautiful gardens - feed the 5ft long catfish! And cringe at the abysmal treatment of tigers and crocodiles. Further a field is Sri Racha tiger Zoo...to be avoided at all costs, and Kao Keow Open Zoo, a refreshing change from the usual callous way animals are treated in Thailand. There is also the “Water World” Aquarium on Sukumvit Rd. Any hotel or travel shop will arrange to take you there.

Pattaya offers some of the best shopping outside Bangkok, and it is actually more accessible being sited in a much smaller area. Along the beach stalls shops and arcades offer all the usual souvenir stuff and some things that might cause a few raised eyebrows.... (A Samurai Sword or replica gun?!?!). Lots of ersatz stuff and big brand copies, CDs and DVDs for 150 baht, computer programs.....

The malls (Check out “MIKE’S” & “ROYAL GARDEN PLAZA” - accessible from Beach Rd or Second Rd) offer more quality goods still at great prices. Royal garden has a good eatery on the top floor and Mikes has a public swimming pool on the roof!

Other Malls around town include “Big C” on 2nd road, Tesco’s on Pattaya North (Nua), and Carrefour on Pattaya Central (Klang). All these have a range of other shops and restaurants all under one air-conditioned roof. Tesco and Big C also have stores on Sukumvit Rd - the main road from Bangkok.

Eating out in Pattaya & Jomtien is a treat! There’s everything form every country and it’s all cheap! Even the up=market stuff is half what you’d pay in Europe. You can eat US, French, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Full English Breakfast, Italian, Belgian, Dutch, German.......what am I doing? The list is endless.

BUT

There’s one I’ve missed out....THAI food! Thai food is wonderful.....everything from mild Chinese based noodles to hot and spicy Issan food....seafood, barbeque, Tom Yam soups...try it...you’ll love it.....if you want to spend a bit of Money try Ruen Thai on 2nd road or Sugar Hut on Thap Phraya Rd, the hill between Jomtien and Pattaya. Ruen Thai has great food from the all regions of Thailand and puts on an ethnic floor show music, dance or even demonstration Thai boxing! Sugar Hut is in fact a very beautiful resort, the restaurant is in a traditional Thai style wooden house. The atmosphere is amazing.... you remove your shoes on entering the dining area and the seating is either traditional low or for those of us who are less flexible there are “normal” height chairs and tables. Everything is teak and silk....just a pity the menu is so badly written and the food is a little on the bland side, but for a one off evening out it’s a must.

At the other end of the price range there are the small Thai restaurants and street stalls dotted all over town....many won’t have a menu in English so just walk in, sit down and look hungry.....let them bring you something and try and guess what it is you’re eating....for (a lot) less than $5 for 2 you can’t go wrong. A bowl of street noodles can be as little as 15 baht.

Just one phrase you might find useful....”Mai Pet” (one for the Geordies!) - this means “not hot”...it won’t mean no chillies but it might bring it down to a level where you can just about eat it! - “Mai Prik” is NO chillies at all.

And for the mindless, bootless and unhorsed, the culturally stagnant and the grossly obese, there is the usual plethora of fast food outlets....McD’s, KFC, and Burger King....how can people eat that stuff!?!?!? And WHY when you are in a land of gastronomic delights, would you?

The night life in Pattaya is legendary....although now the bars officially close at 1.00pm; this does not stop some places from turning music down and carrying on till the early hours of daylight.

There are discos, clubs bars of sorts including the girlie places....

The sex trade ripples through the town like veins through a stilton, and in a similar way gives the place its distinctive character. Unlike the red-light areas of Europe and America, they aren’t really sleazy; mainly it consists of small open bars where (middle-aged) men sit drinking beer and talking to the “bar-girls”. If a tryst is arranged it will take place I one of the hundreds of hotels. There is very little open display of lewdness as this is not approved of in Thailand. The “Go-go Bars” are behind closed doors and have naked or semi naked girls pole dancing or rather holding a pole and swaying to music. You and your family would not be admitted to a Go-go bar. If you went to an open beer bar you would be treated as a perfectly ordinary customer and the girls would dote on your children. (They are mostly mothers themselves). ..............and as for the “seediness” how many men do you know go to Hamburg or Amsterdam and find a wife?

For something a little more “wholesome” - on 2nd road spend an hour or so at the Malibu Bar....it’s a girl and lady-man show....a low budget affair, they make their own elaborate costumes and mime to well-known western songs. Every night they tread the boards from 8 till about 12.00 midnight...sometimes poor and amateurish but always entertaining...DO NOT miss Tina Turner! This guy is actually quite professional and very good indeed. He does a couple of performances every night and the place fills just to what his act. Unfortunately sometimes he has to take time off (twice a night, 7 days a week, year in year out?!?) and the act is performed by a less talented stand-in. All -in- all a great friendly atmosphere, lots of couples and even kids - and no smut!!!!....no admission charge, and they do food.

If you are finding the heat a bit too much there are plenty of enclosed air-conditioned bars with a western theme, be they Irish, English, Belgian or whatever. Here you can eat “comfort food” and watch replays of your favourite old TV shows and live football.

If you’re tired out by all this...get a massage. Make sure it’s actually a massage establishment and not a “gentleman’s relaxation” facility! There are plenty of small boutiques you can go in and get a 1or 2 hour leg rub for about 200 to 400 baht and some beautiful Spas that will pamper you for the best part of a day for a few grand.

It’s good to see people standing up for where they live.

There are plenty of people all over the world who have never visited Pattaya. They read this forum and decide if they should plan a trip there.

Prospective tourists can read the local newspapers and this forum online. All they see is daily murders, tourists being mugged, complaints about Baht buses and lack of water to homes for days on end.

It doesn’t give the outsider a good impression of your town. I know, I get asked regularly by prospective tourists what place to visit in Thailand and “is Pattaya safe”, because they have heard and read so many bad reports about it

Instead of slinging mud at people who question bold statements on Pattaya being one of the best. Why don’t you put your efforts into convincing people to visit?

What makes Pattaya the best place to visit?

What does Pattaya offer that makes it better than other beach resort in Thailand?

What made you move there?

Was it the nightlife?

Was it the clean beaches?

Was it the convenience of western food?

What are the attractions to make tourists come to enjoy Pattaya?

Thaivisa forums show up on Google searches when people plan trips to Thailand.

Over to you boys, promote your town.

'Farma'

I lived and worked in Pattaya for 8 years..It has everything, I'm not a Bar Creature so that side of it didnt interest me..

The water in the bay and the beaches to the credit of the City Council have been improved out of sight...

A mere 10 mins and your in beautiful countryside, not far to go to Koh Samet if you want a tropical Island..

Excellent fair priced Restaurants, and great Entertainment venues..

English Speaking Radio on 103FM..

Only a short distance from Bangers and the International Airport..

Problems are everywhere if you are stupid, keep a low profile take obvious precautions Life Great in "Fun Town"

A couple of interesting News Papers..

Love "Nightmarch" in Pattaya Today..Find the "Dr Ian News Weekly" sorry Pattaya Mail a bit Ho Hum but you cant have it all..

An excellent open honest well written informative post Wilko.

I will direct people asking me about Pattaya to it in the future.

I feel posts like this should be brought up from time to time on the Pattaya forum to counteract all the doom and gloom news reports that appear all too often.

No one needs to convince me what Pattaya is like, I’ve been there done that in most of Thailand. Places like Koh Samet are among my favourite places.

I posted mainly to try and get some positive posts going about Pattaya as there just seems to be too many negative ones that are scaring away tourists.

Why on earth should anyone stand up and justify their reasons for living where they do...? :o

It is patently clear to me that the Pattaya Bashers slag off the place simply because they are not in a position to live here, most not having a pot to piss in.

They should be pitied, sad specimens that they are... :D

Pattaya indeed has everything. Good shopping for anything you could want, great restaurants and plenty of extracurricular activities. Unfortunately TOO many people realise that, so it is wall to wall people. If you don't like Pattaya please stay away. I like some space so I don't choose to live there unless we can get rid of some people. I dearly loved Jomtien but it is no longer a sleepy beach resort town. It is rapidly becoming too crowded also. :o

Wilko you summed the place up perfectly! As a pattayan virgin (although that soon changed :o ) I too was dubious, horror stories of muggings and waking up in a bath of ice with a kidney missing :D

I've lived in Essex all my life and felt so much safer walking through Patts at any time of the day or night, alone. i love the way you are greeted with a smile and not a frown blah blah.

I would jump at the chance to move out there and hope to do so sometime soon

Pattaya.. i love you :D

Wilko you summed the place up perfectly! As a pattayan virgin (although that soon changed :o ) I too was dubious, horror stories of muggings and waking up in a bath of ice with a kidney missing :D

I've lived in Essex all my life and felt so much safer walking through Patts at any time of the day or night, alone. i love the way you are greeted with a smile and not a frown blah blah.

I would jump at the chance to move out there and hope to do so sometime soon

Pattaya.. i love you :D

I was married to girl from Essex once (Elsenham where the jam comes from) Biggest mistake of my life. Much sooner be HERE :D

Edited by Rimmer