Traffic Crackdown in Pattaya begins

webfact

Traffic Crackdown in Pattaya begins

police-6-1.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- Another parade of Police took place on Pattaya Beach on Monday afternoon and this time it was organized to mark the start of a crackdown on those who break traffic laws.

Police Major General Ampon, the Provincial Police Commander, led proceedings and began by welcoming the Army, District Officers and Pattaya City Hall Officials, who will assist the Police in running the crackdown which will focus on 5 specific traffic violations.

During the crackdown, which will last for an unspecified amount of time, officers will be looking out for motorists who overtake slower-moving vehicles in areas of double or single yellow lines.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221524/traffic-crackdown-in-pattaya-begins/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-02-16

A few easy tests of this publicity stint. Still have triple lane turns on Suk at South Pattaya road and Thepprasit? Mini vans and buses still go on the shoulder to pass at traffic lights? Right in front of police boxes?

Awwwww....I could go on and on and on.....LOL Hard to really enforce traffic laws with stationary stops. They need to be mobile.

Motorists who travel in the wrong direction along roads and vehicles displaying fake license plates will also be targeted.

How will they be able to determine that the license plates are fake? The cops are going to carry a list of real plate numbers? Have they suddenly got access to registration details when out of the air-con?

A few easy tests of this publicity stint. Still have triple lane turns on Suk at South Pattaya road and Thepprasit? Mini vans and buses still go on the shoulder to pass at traffic lights? Right in front of police boxes?

Awwwww....I could go on and on and on.....LOL Hard to really enforce traffic laws with stationary stops. They need to be mobile.

100 % correct thumbsup.gif

It was just one more Photo op.

What a joke they all are. coffee1.gif

Yet another ruined attempt to show off the Thai police force here in Pattaya, I had to laugh at the motorists that travel the wrong way along roads as at the bottom of Soi 8 there was a policeman behind a barrier at the bottom of the road on beach road constantly stopping people coming down the road, nothing said to the motorist except turn around, however the number of motorcycles going the wrong way down Soi 8 was amazing and it is not only Soi 8 many other one way streets leading to beach road are often used as two way traffic, I don't know why the local government bother with road signs as motorcycle riders (especially taxi drivers) do not care about road signs which in turn is teaching visitors to adopt the same bad habits.

"During the crackdown, which will last for an unspecified amount of time, officers will be looking out for motorists who overtake slower-moving vehicles in areas of double or single yellow lines."

Now I know!!!!!

The Police learns to handle 1 traffic law at the time.
The law they learn for now is "
motorists who overtake slower-moving vehicles in areas of double or single yellow lines."

Very clever boys.

Stunned! Was all that pomp and ceremony necessary just to announce that the police will do what they are paid to do? There really is a sickness among these people - like, "look at me, I'm IMPORTANT!"

Once again, these "I'M IMPORTANT" people are concentrating on issues that while necessary, aren't the most critical of factors. Aren't lives their priority?

Couldn't make it up. traffic crackdown = those parked in the wrong area or turning left before the light goes green. no mention of running red lights. BIB could stand at Threppasit or Treppaya lights and book a dozen every time the lights change. Or at the turning to beach rd bottom of Treppaya. Really dangerous, including concrete trucks and buses not just the usual idiots. How about just dangerous driving in general? No, lets prosecute those parked in the wrong place on the wrong day.

Couldn't make it up. traffic crackdown = those parked in the wrong area or turning left before the light goes green. no mention of running red lights. BIB could stand at Threppasit or Treppaya lights and book a dozen every time the lights change. Or at the turning to beach rd bottom of Treppaya. Really dangerous, including concrete trucks and buses not just the usual idiots. How about just dangerous driving in general? No, lets prosecute those parked in the wrong place on the wrong day.

Turning left at a red light does often make sense if it is with care and attention. Keeps the traffic moving. Allowed in many places.

Motorists who travel in the wrong direction along roads and vehicles displaying fake license plates will also be targeted.

How will they be able to determine that the license plates are fake? The cops are going to carry a list of real plate numbers? Have they suddenly got access to registration details when out of the air-con?

Shouldn't take much to do. I notice on UK TV, that UK Police Cars automatically read number plates and if anything fake, or is outstanding such as non-payment of fines, outstanding warrant, they're onto them in seconds.

They almost seem to be afraid to go modern on the highways here, and use computers to reduce accidents and with a bit of luck, educate drivers.

Turning left at a red light does often make sense if it is with care and attention. Keeps the traffic moving. Allowed in many places.

Allowed in Thailand e.g. tongue.png

BUT: not at crossings where it is explicitly forbidden (a couple of them in Pattaya, which motorcycle taxi cares for?).

AND: still to be done with care and not endanger flowing traffic on the other road.

Absolute standard by motorcycle riders to not care in any way, That was how I got the first dent/nick on my 2 month old car bah.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

Here's some ideas for the authorities.

Start rant.

Fit all commercial vehicles with monitoring systems.

Test all commercial driver's sobriety before and after work.

Stop messing with the automated traffic control system.

Fine drivers not wearing a seatbelt.

Fine drivers with unrestrained kids in the car.

Ban TV's in the front of vehicles.

Fine the goons with modified exhaust systems.

Spend the money from fines on educating those that pay the fines.

Stop setting impossible goals. Keep it simple stupid.

Rant over.

"...officers will be looking out for motorists who overtake slower-moving vehicles in areas of double or single yellow lines."

Oh damn, I was planning on doing a lot of that over the next few days. I guess I'll just have to wait until the blitz is finished before I continue.

Does anyone remember the rumour some years ago about 10,000 baht fines for people who drove against the traffic? Has anybody ever seen or heard of anybody (any Thai) being fines for that? I've never seen a cop stop anybody for it.

-mini vans and buses still go on the shoulder to pass at traffic lights-

I thought this was legal here, unless there is a sign specifically saying it is forbidden at that particular intersection. I do it all the time.

Start rant.

Rant over.

Stop setting impossible goals, keep it simple stupid.

That covers nearly all the above. wai2.gif

Edited by onemorechang

Start rant.

Rant over.

Add to that fine all the Scooters riding on the sidewalks on Pattaya Tai and Sukhumvit in South Pattaya between Big C and Tesco. I never move to the side, they either have yo stop or go round me, some one did say the lowered pavements are not for the disabled but for the Scooters !

If it gets to serious.

Maybe the locals can go and protest at city hall.

to try and get a free pass to break the Law. giggle.gif

Reckon its just going to be a larger money go round than normal

of No crash Helmut and Licence check.

Time will tell.

Edited by onemorechang