Trouble in Thailand as tourist deaths soar

ezzra

There was a 54 per cent jump in the number of tourist deaths at Australia’s much-loved holiday destination last year, according to a report by Thailand’s Bureau of Prevention and Assistance in Tourist Fraud.

Data collected from the ministry’s 10 regional offices showed that while 83 foreign travelers died in 2015, another 166 were injured (a drop of 160 per cent year on year).

While the main cause of death was road accidents (34), swimming and boating accidents claimed nine lives, congenital disease six, suicides four, and other causes 30.

The statistics showed that in 2015, visitors had a 1 in 301,204 chance of dying in Thailand, including a 1 in 735,294 chance of being killed in a road crash.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/health-safety/trouble-in-thailand-as-tourist-deaths-soar/news-story/a9e63799c682aeffc3079398eb39732b

Wait a minute.......only four suicides??!! I smell a rat.

I can recall at least a dozen in Pattaya alone.

They are making true the adage that there are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics.

Whoops.....forgot where I was there for a minute. Lies/statistics.....same, same. facepalm.gif

Edited by Gsxrnz

Wait a minute.......only four suicides??!! I smell a rat.

I can recall at least a dozen in Pattaya alone.

They are making true the adage that there are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics.

Keep reading the whole article and the Aust. government death statistics in Thailand and there's

a lot more there......

In recent years a lot more Aussies have visited Thailand as the value of their currency increased making overseas travel cheaper. More people travelling would suggest more mishaps occurring?

Agree...more tourists, more people, more accidents and deaths. As long as it was not death by terorist attack, it is normal