Street vendor on Phuket’s Bangla Rd wins B6 million on lottery

webfact

Street vendor on Phuket’s Bangla Rd wins B6 million on lottery
Eakkapop Thongtub

1455683412_1-org.jpg
Bangla street vendor Phuongpeng Boonphet and her boyfriend present the pair of lottery tickets that won B6 milliom. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A woman who makes her living selling cigarettes on Phuket’s Bangla Rd, in Patong, hit the jackpot yesterday (Feb 16), when she won B6 million on the national lottery.

Phuongphen Boonphet, 45, from Buriram, presented her winning tickets at Kathu Police Station at 6pm.

Ms Phuongphen arrived at the station with her boyfriend and present a pair of lottery tickets bearing the number 356364.

Lt Col Pramuan Jaikrathok, beaming a smile over Ms Phuongphen’s good fortune, received the report of the winning tickets.

It is common practice for lottery winners to present their winning tickets to the nearest police station as soon as possible to prevent loss, theft or fraudsters from costing the genuine lottery winners their prizes.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/street-vendor-on-phuket-bangla-rd-wins-b6-million-on-lottery-56254.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-02-17

It is common practice for lottery winners to present their winning tickets to the nearest police station as soon as possible to prevent loss, theft or fraudsters from costing the genuine lottery winners their prizes.

You always learn something new.

You always learn something new.

Just make sure you video the whole transaction at the police station as well. In a way it gets uploaded into a cloud service outside Thailand in real time.

Spend wisely. I'm sure you're smarter than most of the posters here and will take care of your money. smile.png

So smart as to seek publicity and publish their faces in the news, effectively putting a target sign on their back. Oh yea!

“I grabbed one without checking how many tickets were left with the same number. I buy lottery tickets often, but I don’t expect to win – I just wanted to help a friend out because I understand how hard it is to stand on your feet all day long and walking from place to place try to make a living,” she said.

“I never thought I would win a jackpot and I have no plans just yet of what I want to do with the money, but for now I just want to make merit at temples first,” Ms Phuongphen said.

You can start by giving a third of it to the friend that you wanted to help out...cause you know, you understand how hard it is to stand on your feet all day long and walking from place to place trying to make a living...

Flash back 6-7 years ago, either Da Nang or #9 restaurant side by side Thai places across from C&N 200 yr rd., noodle soup consumption when on the TV the guy reads out the numbers and a lady starts jumping around and crying, all the ladies start yelling and crying, 2 million thb for one of the staff ladies.

Buy me a 50thb soup aye?

Spend wisely. I'm sure you're smarter than most of the posters here and will take care of your money. smile.png

Well said. Because rather a lot of farang seem to have difficulty handling their money in Thailand, they seem to think everyone else is equally foolish.

So smart as to seek publicity and publish their faces in the news, effectively putting a target sign on their back. Oh yea!

removed, answered wrong post

Edited by TunnelRat69

"It is common practice for lottery winners to present their winning tickets to the nearest police station as soon as possible to prevent loss, theft or fraudsters from costing the genuine lottery winners their prizes."

Yes a Thai police station must be the perfect place to avoid all that potential trouble.....