Ordering from Amazon charges / English Bookstore

nix

So, I would like to purchase a book in Amazon. Not talking about bulk buying, just 1 book.

I would like to know if there will be any charges that I have to pay regarding customs or tax.

Also, anyone here has an experience ordering from Amazon? How much is the shipping cost fee by DHL/FedEX? im just talking about a single book.

Also, I am looking for any other English Bookstore around Bangkok?

I tried checking with Asiabooks and Kinokinuya, I have to wait for at least 3 weeks to get the book that I want.

Also tried Dasa Second Hand Books, no luck.

Any Ideas?? btw the book that I want to purchase is - http://www.amazon.com/You-Find-This-Letter-Strangers/dp/1476773602.

Thanks

Amazon will add an estimate of the custom duties to your order. Once delivered they will true up the cost either giving refund or add to your credit card. That true up can take several weeks and is usually a very small amount.

Without a doubt amazon is best way to order since any other way the courier company will call you to pay duty before or when delivered. Charges are fully detailed when you order.

TH

Get yourself a tablet with kindle app and buy and download to kindle and read on your tablet...the days of buying a book and holding it in your hands are coming to a close....unfortunate but the advantage is you can walk around with your library in your hand and read anywhere and anything your in the mood for.

Kindle/Amazon offer a fairly large range of free books as well, if you have an iPad iBook works the same way and with many free books as well, then you have the option of torrents, download to a pc then upload to your tablet....

Get yourself a tablet with kindle app and buy and download to kindle and read on your tablet...the days of buying a book and holding it in your hands are coming to a close....unfortunate but the advantage is you can walk around with your library in your hand and read anywhere and anything your in the mood for.

Kindle/Amazon offer a fairly large range of free books as well, if you have an iPad iBook works the same way and with many free books as well, then you have the option of torrents, download to a pc then upload to your tablet....

Agree completely. Not bought a real book in over 5 years. There is also a Kindle for android/Samsung that works well on galaxy tabs.

TH

I've ordered many books and DVDs and never been made to pay taxes so far. Bookdepository.co.uk often works out cheaper. Prices are higher but come with global shipping included.

I have checked Bookdepository.co.uk which seems nice.

How many days before I can receive my order? Also, any additional payable duties?