Business partner

Hi guys,

just registered on this site, I am looking for a business partner, someone from Thailand who know people who can supply scrap metal regulary. I am from Canada and I do have my contacts here and a lot of buyers. I just need a serious partner. For more info we can talk privetaly.

Thanks guys.

Hi blackcab,

Yes most developed countries do have a global prices but not all countries, there is no major recycling in Thailand like Canada and US, so the prices are better. When you buy quantities ranging from 50-100 tons prices can be lower than US and Canada if you do long term with a supplier. Some products are cheaper in Thailand like scrap batteries, because a hazardous products are very hard to import in most countries you need a permit, and since there is no major recylcing in Thailand product like that are not popular.

Hi blackcab,

Yes most developed countries do have a global prices but not all countries, there is no major recycling in Thailand like Canada and US, so the prices are better. When you buy quantities ranging from 50-100 tons prices can be lower than US and Canada if you do long term with a supplier. Some products are cheaper in Thailand like scrap batteries, because a hazardous products are very hard to import in most countries you need a permit, and since there is no major recylcing in Thailand product like that are not popular.

Scrap metal maybe cheaper in Thailand but you`re talking about importing into Canada. So what about import duties and taxes? And used batteries must fall under strict government controls requiring expert handling, how do you propose to get around all that?

Fishy.

I already contacted the government about that, even with the federal tax (7%) and canada custom duty on scrap batteries (5%), the profit is very good. I am in the process to get the permit, as mentionned before, because it's a hazardous product. I live in Quebec so I have to get the autorisatiton from the federal and provoncial.