Retirement extension monthly income

To qualify by monthly income requires a letter from your Embassy.

You must speak to the Embassy to determine what they will accept.

At some Embassy's you can make a statutory declaration (affidavit) relating to your income which will be accepted by immigration.

Your bank book is not normally required if applying for an extension using monthly income to qualify.

Are you asking about using combination of income and Thai bank account funds or about income amount from Embassy? For Embassy it will depend on them and there requirements and even if it could be included. For Thai account it may need none or it may need the same as a normal extension only using account balance depending on office/er processing.

I see so I can combine my pension and monthly income on the stat dec and then take it to immigration. It's the Oz embassy so it won't be a problem

While I have you here my tourist visa expires 16/3,​so do I need to exit the country or do I go get my embassy letter and just convert?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Edited by mcfish

Are you asking about using combination of income and Thai bank account funds or about income amount from Embassy? For Embassy it will depend on them and there requirements and even if it could be included. For Thai account it may need none or it may need the same as a normal extension only using account balance depending on office/er processing.

Missed your post. I have 2 incomes. Pension and a monthly condo rental

I want to use those. The condo rental is coming from abroad

Again if you want to use as "income" it will depend on your nationality and Embassy policy. If you are almost at the required amount you only need to have enough more in a Thai account to meet 800k per year - so if you have pension of 50k that would be 600k per year so another 200k+ in a Thai account would take care of it.

It all depends on what your Embassy accepts as income and which documents they expect to see (esp. for the condo rental).

If they accept both income sources they will write you an appropriate letter for your income.

Otherwise you have provide the missing amount as savings, 12*income/yearly + savings on Thai bank account >= 800'000 Baht.

Oops missed your other post - yes you make the deceleration for income so you can include and sign at Embassy - you should have the paperwork with your during extension in case further proof is requested (although probably will not be).

Edit: as for doing - you can convert in Bangkok to a non immigrant 90 day entry and then after 45 days or so do the extension of stay - or you could obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa from Laos and return on that (often easier if upcountry as two visits required at Bangkok for conversion).

I see so I can combine my pension and monthly income on the stat dec and then take it to immigration. It's the Oz embassy so it won't be a problem

While I have you here my tourist visa expires 16/3,​so do I need to exit the country or do I go get my embassy letter and just convert?

The OZ embassy will ask for nothing when you do the statutory declaration.

You can do a change of visa status at Bangkok immigration and a few nearby offices to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. You will do it prior to the last 15 days of your current entry. You will need the statutory declaration for that. It will take 2 trips to immigration to get the visa/entry stamps.

You could also get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane or Penang by showing your statutory defalcation.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at you local office.

• Like 1

Your Embassy wont need to see any proof.

You wont have any problem at Immigration as your income exceeds the required amount.

Not true for Germans e.g.

Depends on nationality.

So for OZ there is also a "sworn statement" only?

Edited by KhunBENQ

If you are here on a tourist visa you cannot move directly to an extension of stay based on retirement.

You must have an entry from a non imm "O" visa !

This visa can be obtained ether by way of "conversion" in Bangkok or by obtaining the vasa from Penang or Vientiane.

You will need evidence of being able to meet the financial requirements for an extension to get the visa.

If you are here on a tourist visa you cannot move directly to an extension of stay based on retirement.

This visa can be obtained ether by way of "conversion" in Bangkok or by obtaining the vasa from Penang or Vientiane.

You will need evidence of being able to meet the financial requirements for an extension to get the visa.

So I get the conversion to non o, do I just take the stat dec showing income?

So I get the conversion to non o, do I just take the stat dec showing income?

Yes. As said you must be able to show you qualify for an extension before an "O" visa will be issued.

One more thing, I arrived on a 30 day visa exempt which has been extended. Can I start the conversion process on this?

You can as long as you have at least 15 days remaining on your permit to stay when you apply for the visa at immigration.

Your Embassy wont need to see any proof.

You wont have any problem at Immigration as your income exceeds the required amount.

Not true for Germans e.g.

Depends on nationality.

So for OZ there is also a "sworn statement" only?

Yep. Same as USA.

Always a good idea to get a 3 month printout of your thai bank account to show income was indeed deposited in your account. Not sure if required but my agent tells me to do this every year and immigration puts the document in my file.

TH

A golden rule which should never be broken is to never provide anything which is not specifically asked for.

Always a good idea to get a 3 month printout of your thai bank account to show income was indeed deposited in your account. Not sure if required but my agent tells me to do this every year and immigration puts the document in my file.

TH

A golden rule which should never be broken is to never provide anything which is not specifically asked for.

The agent asks for it. I provide it. I'm in and out of Chaeng Wattana in 30 minutes every year.

TH

TH

The agent asks for it. I provide it. I'm in and out of Chaeng Wattana in 30 minutes every year.

TH

I do not use an expensive "agent" who actually does very little and always secure my extension rapidly without the need to supply unasked for documentation smile.png

TH

TH

I do not use an expensive "agent" who actually does very little and always secure my extension rapidly without the need to supply unasked for documentation smile.png

The discussion on agents is in a other thread.

I don't believe the bank print out is necessarily an unneeded document. Immigration, at least at Chaeng Wattana, is well aware that Americans do not need to show any proof to get the income letter. It seems reasonable to me to show proof that the income from outside Thailand is actually being deposited in the Thai bank account. Each deposit is highlighted (by the agent?) and the officer reviews it. I consider that being proactive to head off questions of the income declared.

TH

thaihome

Unlike Americans, UK citizens, whose Embassy will only certify proven income, do not have to take "proactive" action to head off doubts about what an "affidavit" actually means !

My extension costs 1900 Bht and I have no need to increase that cost by employing an "Agent".

You, of course, are free to do as you wish as am I.

thaihome

Unlike Americans, UK citizens, whose Embassy will only certify proven income, do not have to take "proactive" action to head off doubts about what an "affidavit" actually means !

My extension costs 1900 Bht and I have no need to increase that cost by employing an "Agent".

You, of course, are free to do as you wish as am I.

So I guess that settles it. For an American (and other nationalities not required to show proof) the bank print out may not be an "unnecessary" document and the use of an agent is a subjective assessment of value.

TH