Retirement extension monthly income

Finally last question or should I say confirmation as l have never submitted a tm8

I will pick up my 90 day non o soon. I will be going to Vietnam not long after that. I can purchase a reentry permit for 1k at the airport?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

You can get one at either airport in Bangkok 24 hours a day. Be sure to take a 4 X 6 cm photo with you in case they cannot do it.
Will do thanks

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Clarification please: When submitting an application for Extension of Stay based Retirement using the Combo 'Income and Savings' method ... I have read here on TVF that many / most Immigration Offices do not require 'seasoning' of the money in savings... just that when combined with annual income it meets or exceeds 800,000 Baht equivalent.

Question: Is my understanding as stated above correct? (relative to meeting the Financial Requirement), I have hear some Immigration Offices will ask for seasoning of x months...

My savings is in a Thai Bank Account establish around the 7th. of January 2016. And the needed savings balance level was only achieved on February 9. I will go to the Immigration Office on March 9 to submit the application. My balance on the 9th. will exceed the minimum amount necessary.

I have ATM receipts and International Bank Transfer Records to show where the money came from... And I have all my American Bank monthly statements to back up my pension amount as declared on the U.S. Embassy Affidavit.. My pension is not directly deposited into my Thai Bank Account.

This is my second Retirement Extension ... first one was done only on the Embassy Affidavit declaration... not a Combo app.

Please offer opinions... Thank You.

Clarification please: When submitting an application for Extension of Stay based Retirement using the Combo 'Income and Savings' method ... I have read here on TVF that many / most Immigration Offices do not require 'seasoning' of the money in savings... just that when combined with annual income it meets or exceeds 800,000 Baht equivalent.

Question: Is my understanding as stated above correct? (relative to meeting the Financial Requirement), I have hear some Immigration Offices will ask for seasoning of x months...

My savings is in a Thai Bank Account establish around the 7th. of January 2016. And the needed savings balance level was only achieved on February 9. I will go to the Immigration Office on March 9 to submit the application. My balance on the 9th. will exceed the minimum amount necessary.

I have ATM receipts and International Bank Transfer Records to show where the money came from... And I have all my American Bank monthly statements to back up my pension amount as declared on the U.S. Embassy Affidavit.. My pension is not directly deposited into my Thai Bank Account.

This is my second Retirement Extension ... first one was done only on the Embassy Affidavit declaration... not a Combo app.

If you have 65k baht of income you don't need any money in the bank. Some offices might want to see back up proof to your income affidavit.

Prob been mentioned already. If you do a conversion you need to show/prove that the money came from outside Thailand. This is true of using bank balance method. If you obtain the non o outside Thailand this is not required. Personally I bring decent amounts of cash back when I fly to AU. HENCE I could not do the conversion thing.

If you have 65k baht of income you don't need any money in the bank. Some offices might want to see back up proof to your income affidavit.

I believe the primary reason Expats use the Combo 'Income plus Savings method to meet 800,000 Baht is because that person does not receive 65,000 Baht per month in income... Am I correct ? My income is not the same as last year's application - it is less.

Edited by JDGRUEN

I believe the primary reason Expats use the Combo 'Income plus Savings method to meet 800,000 Baht is because that person does not receive 65,000 Baht per month in income... Am I correct ? My income is not the same as last year's application - it is less.

The last line of your post got me a little confused. Are you saying that you no longer have the 65k baht income.

If you only need a small amount in the bank to make up the difference to reach a total a total of 800k baht there is less chance immigration would want it to be in the bank for 3 months. You should check with you local office to find out what they require.

The last line of your post got me a little confused. Are you saying that you no longer have the 65k baht income.

If you only need a small amount in the bank to make up the difference to reach a total a total of 800k baht there is less chance immigration would want it to be in the bank for 3 months. You should check with you local office to find out what they require.

Yes - correct ... my income has dipped below the 65K mark... My current income is 80% of the 800,000 and savings is more than enough... to meet the 800,000 when added.

You do not need 65k baht income in the US, you only need to declare that you bring 65k baht into Thailand. All the statement says is you receive xxx income from the US government and/or other sources. Those other sources can be savings.

TH

You do not need 65k baht income in the US, you only need to declare that you bring 65k baht into Thailand. All the statement says is you receive xxx income from the US government and/or other sources. Those other sources can be savings.

TH

Where is this declaration of bringing money into Thailand made and to who ?

TH

The affidavit is made at the US Consulate. Their Web page has the details. Look up US Citizens Services.

TH

TH

The affidavit is made at the US Consulate. Their Web page has the details. Look up US Citizens Services.

TH

Are you sure a declaration about bringing money into Thailand is made or do I need new eye glasses ?

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/231771/acs/income_affidavit_template.pdf

TH

TH

Are you sure a declaration about bringing money into Thailand is made or do I need new eye glasses ?

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/thailand/231771/acs/income_affidavit_template.pdf

Technically, you are correct. You do not declare the money comes into Thailand, my statement was poorly worded. If Immigration asks for proof of the income declared, you only need to show them the money coming into Thailand, not your income sources in the US. How would you explain an 401k disbursement to a Thai Immigration officer?

TH

You would not require proof of money coming into Thailand - the requirement is income and that proof is the Embassy letter, which in the case of USA is signed under oath, and if supporting documents are asked you would show them. They could be a pension statement(s) or other financial documents in English or Thai. Immigration can read them; or find someone that can. Even I can sometimes understand them.smile.png

• Like 1

You would not require proof of money coming into Thailand - the requirement is income and that proof is the Embassy letter, which in the case of USA is signed under oath, and if supporting documents are asked you would show them. They could be a pension statement(s) or other financial documents in English or Thai. Immigration can read them; or find someone that can. Even I can sometimes understand them.smile.png

What if you do not have a pension? What if your retirement fund is only made up of savings in the US? What if do not want to go through the US foriegn bank reporting process?

My point was as the poster's pension was below the 65k level but it appeared he has savings but is jumping through hoops trying to do a combo bank balance/income effort to meet retirement extention requirements when all he has to do sign the income letter and if asked he can show monthly transfers into his Thai bank to prove it. You do not need a monthly pension in the US to meet the income requirements.

TH

TH

If you are addressing your comments to me ,,, then we are using different terminology for the same thing... my monthly 'income' IS what I can bring into Thailand each month and it does not equal 65k Baht

Therefore I must combine (combo) my monthly 'income' with savings to equal or exceed 800,000 THB in order to qualify.

I recently got a U.S. Embassy Letter/Affidavit ... the monthly amount I put on it is equal to less than 65K Baht.

My primary question in my comment above IS ... Does this money in my savings have to be aged/seasoned for 3 months?

A well versed friend of mine just told me that in Changwata immigration the savings in a combo application has to be seasoned for 3 months if not the first application. As he knows this from many many cases as a volunteer assistant for other Expats. But he pointed out that the Thai regulation/law reads differently for the combined / combo method but the chief at Changwata will not agree to his interpretation.

The section reads ... "2.22 ... In case of Retirement (5) Must have an annual earning and fluids deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date."

My friend can read Thai language and says that the above is exactly what it says in Thai.

If my local Immigration office has the same policy as Changwata then my application will not be approved. But I always have contingency plans..B, C, D.

And before anyone makes any off the wall comment - I live quite comfortably in Thailand and could afford to buy a nice motorcycle recently.

TH

If you are addressing your comments to me ,,, then we are using different terminology for the same thing... my monthly 'income' IS what I can bring into Thailand each month and it does not equal 65k Baht

Therefore I must combine (combo) my monthly 'income' with savings to equal or exceed 800,000 THB in order to qualify.

I recently got a U.S. Embassy Letter/Affidavit ... the monthly amount I put on it is equal to less than 65K Baht.

My primary question in my comment above IS ... Does this money in my savings have to be aged/seasoned for 3 months?

A well versed friend of mine just told me that in Changwata immigration the savings in a combo application has to be seasoned for 3 months if not the first application. As he knows this from many many cases as a volunteer assistant for other Expats. But he pointed out that the Thai regulation/law reads differently for the combined / combo method but the chief at Changwata will not agree to his interpretation.

The section reads ... "2.22 ... In case of Retirement (5) Must have an annual earning and fluids deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date."

My friend can read Thai language and says that the above is exactly what it says in Thai.

If my local Immigration office has the same policy as Changwata then my application will not be approved. But I always have contingency plans..B, C, D.

And before anyone makes any off the wall comment - I live quite comfortably in Thailand and could afford to buy a nice motorcycle recently.

My point is the money you are bringing into Thailand from your savings can be considered income if you spread the transfers over the 3 or 4 months before your application to make a total of 65k a month when combined with your pension.

TH

• 3 months later...

TH

My point is the money you are bringing into Thailand from your savings can be considered income if you spread the transfers over the 3 or 4 months before your application to make a total of 65k a month when combined with your pension.

TH

No it can't.

That is a capital transfer it is not income. You would be lying to say it is.