Makha Bucha Day

luap

Maybe it's worth to put a reminder on the oncoming holiday in General topics?

Some foreigners still have no Thai wall calendar. I have three in the house tongue.png

Bars closed, well many might be more interested that all gov. offices (incl. immigration) will be closed biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Note to all Brit's in Thailand.

Starting Monday morning at 2 am , I will have a Charter plane with Nok Air. Seating for 240 people. We will leave Bangkok and fly to Malaysia. There will one bottle of Whiskey or Vodka, or 24 Large Leo beers per person the one 1 hr and 50 minute flight.

Once we arrive in KL, there will be buses waiting and again one bottle or 24 beers/ person on the 30 minute bus ride to the bar. We will serve 2 chicken wings person and again one bottle or 24 beers, every 2 hours until 10 pm. We will board the bus, and again get the bottle of whiskey to go to airport. We will serve 3 chicken wings and 24 beers on the flight. Once we land in Bangkok, the bus will drive you all to your cars, where there will be 24 cold beers in the passenger seat for the drive home. Total price is 35,000 baht per person. thank you.

Starting Monday morning at 2 am , I will have a Charter plane with Nok Air. Seating for 240 people. We will leave Bangkok and fly to Malaysia. There will one bottle of Whiskey or Vodka, or 24 Large Leo beers per person the one 1 hr and 50 minute flight.

Once we arrive in KL, there will be buses waiting and again one bottle or 24 beers/ person on the 30 minute bus ride to the bar. We will serve 2 chicken wings person and again one bottle or 24 beers, every 2 hours until 10 pm. We will board the bus, and again get the bottle of whiskey to go to airport. We will serve 3 chicken wings and 24 beers on the flight. Once we land in Bangkok, the bus will drive you all to your cars, where there will be 24 cold beers in the passenger seat for the drive home. Total price is 35,000 baht per person. thank you.

Come on now man: I spill more than that tongue.png

Edited by BobTH

Jonathan Fairfield, on 19 Feb 2016 - 06:18, said:

Also, as KhunBENQ rightfully points out, all Thai holidays are listed in the Thaivisa Calendar which you can download here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/718-thaivisa-calendar-20162559/

Many events are in the calendar including both Bakha Bucha and Valentines Day, but for those concerned with days of bar closure there is no mention.

No chicken wings in the car? Cheapskates.coffee1.gif

Thai Immigration/ Passport Control will give blessings for all drunken delerious Brits who have consumed all 5 chicken wings ( bones inclusive) who still retain a Passport ?clap2.gif

I have no idea what Makha Bucha Day is, but I hear that Whiskey (and I guess spirits in general) are very expensive in Thailand?

I have seen mention of local variants Sang Son and Mekhong, but always followed by terms such as severe hang-over, sickness, poison. What's the story?

I have no idea what Makha Bucha Day is, but I hear that Whiskey (and I guess spirits in general) are very expensive in Thailand?

I have seen mention of local variants Sang Son and Mekhong, but always followed by terms such as severe hang-over, sickness, poison. What's the story?

Imported booze is heavily taxed. Some people assume anything Thai is poor quality.

Personally, I like SangSom, and have never suffered any ill effects from it.

so you want everyone to die 5555

Why so stingy with the beers? sad.png

I walked 3 rounds in a big temple carrying a candle, 3 insence sticks and a lotusflower....

How many of you did the same?

I'm not a budhist but it was very relaxed in that templecomplex and i go with my wife every year.

And for ONLY this time i agree with soibiker, Sangsom doesn't make you ill....much better then (thai) beer.

Edited by Thian

Why so stingy with the beers? sad.png

I walked 3 rounds in a big temple carrying a candle, 3 insence sticks and a lotusflower....

How many of you did the same?

I'm not a budhist but it was very relaxed in that templecomplex and i go with my wife every year.

And for ONLY this time i agree with soibiker, Sangsom doesn't make you ill....much better then (thai) beer.

Did you do all that straight after you got back from Malaysia ? clap2.gifburp.gifpost-4641-1156694083.gif