Angelina Jolie Wanted Childless Life Until Cambodian Kids Opened Her Mind

geovalin

Angelina Jolie did not want to get pregnant, raise kids, and babysit. Years ago, a childless life is what she desired. When she went to Cambodia and saw needy children, her motherhood instinct kicked off.

That was in 2001 when she filmed “Lara Croft: Tomb Raider” in Cambodia. People Magazine reported that right after that, she became a U.N. Ambassador of Goodwill. Her mind was set on finding a son of her own.

In 2002, she finally found him. He is Maddox, now 14 years old. He was the inspiration behind the foundation named after him. The foundation aims to educate children and improve their health, especially those in Cambodia’s rural areas.

At present, Angelina Jolie and husband actor Brad Pitt have five other children–Pax, 12; Zahara, 10; Shiloh, 9; and Knox and Vivienne, both 7 years old.

Jolie keeps coming back to Cambodia. Recently, she was back to film “First They Killed My Father: A Daughter of Cambodia Remembers,” an adaptation of Cambodian author Loung Ung’s work.

The film that Angelina Jolie plans to show on Netflix is about a harrowing tale of war in the eyes of a child. Loung’s book inspired her and deepened her understanding of the effects of war on Cambodians. The film had second son, Pax, act as photographer, and Maddox was utilized in research.

She expressed satisfaction in her life right now and is happy doing her philanthropic works. On her previous life, she was quoted in Celebuzz saying, “When I first came to Cambodia, it changed me. It changed my perspective.” She added that she felt “a real emptiness” in Los Angeles. “I realized there was so much about history that I had not been taught in school, and so much about life that I needed to understand, and I was very humbled by it.”

Angelina Jolie has a generous heart vouched by her children. Husband Brad Pitt is equally supportive and cares much for their multiracial children.

read more: http://www.movienewsguide.com/angelina-jolie-wanted-childless-life-cambodian-kids-opened-mind/161863