Thai police on high alert over possible IS terror threat

rooster59

What? Wait, what? Were we not told recently that Thailand is safe as there is no IS activity here? So this cannot be correct.

It seems the USA has done THEIR undercover work for LOS.....thumbsup.gif

Really scary that the CIA seems to know way more about all the freaking Jihad warriors and sleepers here in Thailand.

Only scary in as much that the BIB wouldn't know what IS is, if you can't bribe it, it means - ignore it.. Edited by Artisi

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder when Thailand realises it's not the centre of the universe but a small poor nation in the middle of 3 3rd world countrys in Asia.

Excuse me, the plural of country is countries and the disparaging description "third -world' countries has been obsolete for a long time. It has been replaced with "developing" countries and in some cases "emerging" countries. If you think you come from a "developed" country, then I am sorry to say you display a pretty underdeveloped cultural sensitivity which means you must be terribly unhappy here. One wonders why you continue to stay in Thailand?

What? Wait, what? Were we not told recently that Thailand is safe as there is no IS activity here? So this cannot be correct.

Yes, you are correct. Three daze...days...ago=no IS. I think I did see a black flag at the bridge parlour though. Sneaky old people! And that naked girl at the gogo on walking street surely had the intent of yelling LA LA LA LA and striking me with her melons.

Edited by sabaii69

They have been taking lessons from the US i see of how to manipulate the masses.

Although the US is more professional in doing it ( raising the terror threat level up and down as they see fit).

So is this terror threat coming from within ( Thai people that have been brainwashed to IS ideology), or ar we talking these "criminal overstaying foreigners"?

Oh sorry, my bad ignore the above question, Thais "would not do things like these"

I was in Bayoke tower a couple of weeks ago and that is prime spot, There was zero security in the building all the way up to the top, Bombers could be long gone out the country by time a timer had gone off!..... Loads of nooks and crannies to hide a bomb...... Our group couldn't believe how lax it was!

I just hope that ISIS doesn't read read Thai Visa.

That is why I dont post possible targets that concern me. I dont want to give them any ideas and live to regret it or die as the case may be.

Possible attack - motive?

To remove Christians from the planet permanently as stated in their crazy book. All non believers must die by removing the head. Such a lovely peaceful religion we are told by the world leaders. Let them all in and welcome them.

I wonder just how safe those terrorist feel not knowing how many westerners here are former military themselves and if they are armed as well? Scary huh?

I'm sorry, but retired SAS, like myself, don't need firearms to take on terrorists whistling.gif

Unless they are going to do a proper job of searching they shouldn't even bother.

Every time I go to use the BTS with a backpack they stop me and ask me to look in my bag, at best they give a slight cursory glance into the top of the bag with a torch but never once have they asked to look under my gym kit even though there's clearly other stuff underneath. There have been times where they shine the torch and don't even look in the bag, just keep chatting. It's a complete waste of time.

its only a matter of time. been thinking this for years now.

Yesterday about 30 muslim men travelled over the border into Laos. No women, No children. Not a family trip then. Why? Stag do maybe? Or are they mobilising their troops? Sadly it is so easy for them to buy the weapons they rely on here and get travel documents.I wonder how quick the police and army will respond when it kicks off.

Occasionally, in the interests of research, I venture out into Soi Cowboy and am always surprised to see our Japanese friends (not solely but mainly) wandering into bars with backpacks and large bags which they rest on the floor while doing their own research.

Exactly the way one would place a bomb in one of those firetraps and a method already used in other locations.

Why this remains acceptable in any nightlife venue has always surprised me :)

Edited by sandrew33

File this under the report that said "no flooding". My guess is that the wind blew in and shuffled all the reports up.

And the report a few years back about there being no brothels in Thailand....

File this under the report that said "no flooding". My guess is that the wind blew in and shuffled all the reports up.

And the report a few years back about there being no brothels in Thailand....

And there is no mafia in Ko Tao, otherwise the big boss would have known about it.

Yesterday about 30 muslim men travelled over the border into Laos. No women, No children. Not a family trip then. Why? Stag do maybe? Or are they mobilising their troops? Sadly it is so easy for them to buy the weapons they rely on here and get travel documents.I wonder how quick the police and army will respond when it kicks off.

Just because 30 muslim men go on holiday does not make then terrorists. The whole comment is racist and childish, so I hope it was intended as a joke.

Just because 30 muslim men go on holiday does not make then terrorists. The whole comment is racist and childish, so I hope it was intended as a joke.

Muslims are not a 'race' therefore the comment cannot be racist, Of course the whole world is alert to Islamic terror in the wake of the constant Islamic terror attacks of recent years. Not all Muslims are terrorists of course, but a substantially higher proportion of Muslims are involved in and/or support terror compared with practitioners from the great religions of the world (or none).

Unless they are going to do a proper job of searching they shouldn't even bother.

Every time I go to use the BTS with a backpack they stop me and ask me to look in my bag, at best they give a slight cursory glance into the top of the bag with a torch but never once have they asked to look under my gym kit even though there's clearly other stuff underneath. There have been times where they shine the torch and don't even look in the bag, just keep chatting. It's a complete waste of time.

Why do you say it's a complete waste of time, how many times have you got through BTS security with a bomb in your backpack? None, I'd guess.

Wonder when Thailand realises it's not the centre of the universe but a small poor nation in the middle of 3 3rd world countrys in Asia.

Why dont they just arrest all syrians and check them out 1 by 1 it says they travelled from syria also if they travelled from syria how did they get a thai visa and since the original report their visa would just about have run out now which means they would have to renew their stay , why not check all middle eastern people when they are renewing their visa they will want to keep a low profile so it would be easier to renew their visa than go overstay. or tell them us europeans will fight them with our fists no guns or knives just fist fight anywhere they want we can do it 50 tough europeans against their toughest 50 and we europeans will whip their backsides as its only COWARDS that use guns and knives .

It seems the USA has done THEIR undercover work for LOS.....thumbsup.gif

"The memo cited intelligence information from the Russian FSB which said that Syrian terrorists had travelled to Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok."

It seems the FSB has done THEIR undercover work and the USA is claiming credit