Buying A Second Hand Motorbike!

booma

I am thinking of buying a second hand motorbike, what is the safest way of doing this? The bike i am looking at is a Honda stepthrough, a dream or wave, 125 autostart. I have been told it is B21000 and will be taking it for a test spin soon.

Any advice will be welcome.

B

I asked the same question in another forum.

Check the green book (registration) and compare the bike chassis number against the book and DOUBLE check that the bike's chassis number was not changed to match the papers.

If there is any doubt abaout this chassis number not being the original number of the bike: hands off. Just say no!

I doubt that a farang that has to finance a used one could buy a new one !

I don't recall the OP mentioning that they had to buy it on finance, he said the seller was willing to accept three payments for it, he did not however say that this was an option he was using.

If you go to buy a new bike they will also offer a finance package, does this mean you have to take it?

Please feel free to correct me if im wrong.

CB.

Hi Booma,

Best to go with the motorcycle plus vendor plus all paperwork, to the office (or agent) which changes the paperwork over.

They will then check all paperwork, frame numbers engine numbers tax insurance legal ownership etc etc ,

Once there are no problems with the paperwork and everything is in order, pay the vendor.

Good luck

MM

I don't recall the OP mentioning that they had to buy it on finance, he said the seller was willing to accept three payments for it, he did not however say that this was an option he was using.

If you go to buy a new bike they will also offer a finance package, does this mean you have to take it?

CB.

Thank you, and you are correct, finance is only an option I am considering.

making sure you have 21000 baht would be a start

The girl would be willing to take pay in three payments

CB.

So you are correct .... the op didn't say "I have to finance it" though the implication is there since the comment from the OP was in response to "have the 21k first :o"

Edited by jdinasia