6 killed in a road accident in Pathum Thani

rooster59

sister in law has 3 cars and 3 bikes.....doesnt have a licence, doesnt need one because shes driven to bkk so many times now shes ok without 1.

.......did someone above me say its mental issues with this lot?

Perhaps it's a little more complicated than mental illness; common sense (isn't so common here) and the total lack of attention while driving. This flippant attitude towards driver education for a potentially deadly weapon is NOT a case of mai pen rai. Comes down to the old adage of corruption again, BIB take a bribe and it's the "drive on please"attitude. Not knowing what you don't know is a concern when involving peoples lives (while behind the wheel). Road laws mean absolutely nothing to Thai nationals - obvious from the turn left on a red light any time (can't wait), get any advantage you can if it's perceived to save you time + forget looking (the universe revolves around me) attitude. Take care it's very scary out there. crazy.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad. Unfortunately, the only way these careless/ridiculous drivers are off the road, is if they do themselves in. Sorry to say, it's all about responsibility and NOT about implementing big-brother measures. This is 2016 not 1916, time to grow-up.

This would involve effort and perhaps money - 0 chance coffee1.gif

What so many Thais (and some foreigners) fail to realise is that without a driving licence for the class of vehicle you are driving, any insurance you may have (again may not have anyway) is invalid and will not pay either yours or any other party's damage bills, hospital costs, or vehicle replacement.

They usually find out when it's too late. Luckily the unlicensed girl who put me in hospital managed to get her (licensed and insured) boyfriend to turn up before the police.

my wifes neice went and bought a new car,never even driven a motorbike before,my wife had to go with her to honda to drive the car home for her then she just learned to drive by herself no licence or nothing,i had to sit her down and explain to her without a licence she had no insurance cover,she really didn't believe me as she said they give me with the car,after much explaining and telling her to do the test,she could not be bothered and found a way to pay for the licence 2000bt and now drives around carefree,and is another nightmare on the roads!

This is an ongoing unfixable problem

Drove back from Tak yesterday with on 2 occasions bloody mini vans following me, sometimes as little as 2 metres from my arse

at 120kph.. If I had to brake both of us toast.

Wanna get a big imitation red brake light fitted to rear windscreen, do you think this might help?

This is an ongoing unfixable problem

Drove back from Tak yesterday with on 2 occasions bloody mini vans following me, sometimes as little as 2 metres from my arse

at 120kph.. If I had to brake both of us toast.

Wanna get a big imitation red brake light fitted to rear windscreen, do you think this might help?

The only safe answer is to get out of the way of a tailgater.

Let them race ahead and kill someone else. Far safer to have them in front.

I do not agree the problem is unfixable. We can at least make the roads safer.

Never going to be zero. But the UK's roads are a WHO estimated 10 times safer than Thai roads if you use deaths the per 100000 road user as a guide.

If you look at how the UK was 50 years ago you can start to draw similarities.

We have learned a lot in the past 50 years, even now we are updating things with new ideas about how the brain works.

Thailand is just a bit further back on the road safety development. Partly down to the enforcement model has been the favored approach to addressing the issue. This has limitations everywhere as it relies on enforcement to make people conform. Far better to get people to change through better education and understanding.