Italian expat and Thai wife found dead in apparent murder suicide in Chiang Mai

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In nearly every other country he may have gotten away with it. Firstly it wasn't murder, murder requires a Certain level of planning so the worst case would be manslaughter. However she was the instigator so he could have gone self defense.. She shoots or threatens to.. He wrestles the gun from her.. Then she continues to wrestle with him so it's kill or be killed.

Not sure if this would work in Thailand though

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Luca was a good man and unfortunately got himself involved with a Thai girl. Having lived in Thailand for 10 years I would not be a friend to someone if I recommended him marrying a Thai. It's entertaining listening to a few of you saying " I have a good one", what a joke. If one wants a relationship with a Thai certainly do not put anything in their names or just go Ala carte. Chiang Mai is full of old lonely fools who actually think their little young honies are into them and think nothing of hanging their wedding picture up which makes them look even more foolish. Yea, you got the good one.

Feel so sorry for the boy. Out of sudden he's an orphan. Somehow I feel sad for the Italian expat. I could be wrong but couldn't help thinking he married the wrong woman.

Hes just killed his Wife and left his Son parentless

The Wife took out the gun first. He wrestled the gun over from her. Man must have been forced to an extremely narrow corner that made him snapped.

H e was stood there with a gun and a defenseless Woman .

He was in no corner , he could have walked away, he choose not to .

He probably killed her out of anger, realised what he'd done , then killed himself

Thai culture would have had her killing him at some point in the future. She pulled a gun on him once and would for sure do it again. He and she knew how that game is played out in Thailand, he did the right thing. If he didn't take that opportunity to kill her he'd a been killed in the future by her anyways.

Luca was a good man and unfortunately got himself involved with a Thai girl. Having lived in Thailand for 10 years I would not be a friend to someone if I recommended him marrying a Thai. It's entertaining listening to a few of you bloc's saying " I have a good one", what a joke. If one wants a relationship with a Thai certainly do not put anything in their names or just go Ala carte. Chiang Mai is full of old lonely fools who actually think their little honies are into them and think nothing of hanging their wedding picture up which makes them look even more stupid.

"Good men" dont murder people , sorry .

"Good men dont intentionally leave their Children as orphans, sorry again .

Luca was a good man and unfortunately got himself involved with a Thai girl. Having lived in Thailand for 10 years I would not be a friend to someone if I recommended him marrying a Thai. It's entertaining listening to a few of you bloc's saying " I have a good one", what a joke. If one wants a relationship with a Thai certainly do not put anything in their names or just go Ala carte. Chiang Mai is full of old lonely fools who actually think their little honies are into them and think nothing of hanging their wedding picture up which makes them look even more stupid.

I really don't want to go into speculation but I really don't go for the guy being a murderer and poor defenseless woman scenario. She is the one that took the gun to the situation, period. Have you even thought of the scenario that she has the gun pointed at herself threatening to pull the trigger and he wrestles the gun from her and it goes off. Not even people there seem to know what happened but at the end of the day she is the one that took the gun there and got it out to use in some way. No one in their right mind takes a gun to an emotionally charged situation.

There may be some good out of all this bad.

My son played every morning before school with this young boy, and it will stop.

My wife has had too sit down and prepare him for school tomorrow as many other parents are for all the rumours and bad stories.

This school is new and small but if some sort of subject about self control,seek help if needed and for last of all, guns kill. I hope this will teach all his fellow friends at school that violence pays.

My heart cries for the boy and his friends, we adults just sit here making claims for this and that.....

The kids are young but never forget, let's hope this generation can make a change.

About 40% of the Thai men I know walk around with a loaded gun in their 'hand/belly bag' 24/7.

Reality is different to your expectations.

Again more bullshit to put on the lot of TV urban legends. The Thais often have a gun at home but I do not know one that moves with.
Recall that the new friend of the woman was a police officer giving a likely explanation for the presence of a gun in the car.

I really don't want to go into speculation but I really don't go for the guy being a murderer and poor defenseless woman scenario. She is the one that took the gun to the situation, period. Have you even thought of the scenario that she has the gun pointed at herself threatening to pull the trigger and he wrestles the gun from her and it goes off. Not even people there seem to know what happened but at the end of the day she is the one that took the gun there and got it out to use in some way. No one in their right mind takes a gun to an emotionally charged situation.

He shot her three times .

It could be possible that she got the gun out and started making threats , he may have thought that they were empty threats and that the gun was either not real or not loaded .

He may have pointed it at her and shot , sub consciously thinking that it wouldnt fire a bullet

He shot her three times .

It could be possible that she got the gun out and started making threats , he may have thought that they were empty threats and that the gun was either not real or not loaded .

He may have pointed it at her and shot , sub consciously thinking that it wouldnt fire a bullet

If they were wrestling over the gun it could quite easily have been her finger on the trigger and not his. How do you know he had full control of the gun before it went off.

In nearly every other country he may have gotten away with it. Firstly it wasn't murder, murder requires a Certain level of planning so the worst case would be manslaughter. However she was the instigator so he could have gone self defense.. She shoots or threatens to.. He wrestles the gun from her.. Then she continues to wrestle with him so it's kill or be killed.

Are you serious?? Murder is killing someone with the intention of ending their life. Manslaughter is taking someone's life without intending to. No planning required.

Let's say you p!$$ me off big time and I get a knife and stab you in your chest 60 times in a fit of rage, I very much doubt I would get away with manslaughter because it wasn't planned!!

If I stab you once and you bleed out, sure, good chance of manslaughter because I didn't mean to, or want to kill you.

As far as the young boy is concerned, I hope he has some nice family willing to take good care of him.

Maybe the Italian has some good family in Italy who could help? After all, it could be a good idea for him to be away from the scene, at least for a good length of time.

Just a thought but it might help to reread the OP

"CHIANG MAI:-- A man and woman were found dead in Chiang Mai on Sunday in what police say is a case of murder-suicide.

The bodies of a 40 year old Italian man and his 35 year old wife (names withheld) were found outside the man's home in the Nong Kwai area of Hang Dong.

Thai media reports the incident occurred when the woman, who is believed to have been separated from her husband, went to collect their son who had been staying with his father during the weekend.

However, after arriving at her husband's house, the woman was unable to find her son and confronted her husband.An argument ensued and the woman went back to Toyota Camry car to collect a gun she is believed to have kept in the vehicle.

She then returned to the house to threaten her husband.

The man managed to restrain his wife, taking the gun from her before opening fire and killing the woman instantly.

Witnesses say the man then turned the gun on himself.

Police arrived at the scene to find the bodies of the man and woman. A pistol and spent bullets were found nearby.

Police told reporters the 8 year old son had been staying with a neighbour when the incident occurred."

Are you serious?? Murder is killing someone with the intention of ending their life. Manslaughter is taking someone's life without intending to. No planning required.

Let's say you p!$$ me off big time and I get a knife and stab you in your chest 60 times in a fit of rage, I very much doubt I would get away with manslaughter because it wasn't planned!!

If I stab you once and you bleed out, sure, good chance of manslaughter because I didn't mean to, or want to kill you.

As far as the young boy is concerned, I hope he has some nice family willing to take good care of him.

Maybe the Italian has some good family in Italy who could help? After all, it could be a good idea for him to be away from the scene, at least for a good length of time.

You could have done a bit of research, just laziness.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder

Killing Without justification...

Just imagine somebody pulls a gun on you but you being a quick thinker you lunge at him and there is a life or death struggle for the gun. Are you so gullible to think just because you have it the other party is going put there hands up.. You eliminate the the threat asap. Or you could sit back and wait for him to come at you again = your death

There was plenty of justification here.

Although the father was wrong by pulling the trigger, I kind of understand him. Maybe because I have seen how some Thai-women can drive their partners totally mad. (Especially when children and/or money is involved)

I wonder if the understanding expressed by you and others is limited to foreigners killing Thai people or if it extends to Thai men killing their partner as well, as we occasionally read about (and where the sentiment seems very different than whats expressed in this thread).

Good point. Some of the sheep here seem to defend the farangs, no matter the circumstance. At the same time, they'll blame the Thais, regardless of the circumstance. Would be nice to see a rational, objective, and fair discussion without the bigots...but this is not possible on TV.

Yeah, and imagine!!! some farang actually marry these people and then wonder why there are so many misunderstandings. LOL. I gave up feeling sorry for Westerners getting into trouble with Thai women. A Thai girl I know, who "has" a farang, blatantly told me how stupid the guy is (ie. easily manipulated, believing all her lies). The way she told me was utterly disgusting with zero sympathy for the guy she sleeps with (for the last 3 years). She's 41, not a bargirl but die-hard Isaan (Family and money number one).

You think this only happens in Thailand,men get fooled by women in the West too,and it can

cost you a lot more in monetary terms.

regards worgeordie

Not just farang - husband stealing and fleecing is the norm amongst Thais too (throwback to meanoy days?)

Poor kid, hope he makes it to Italy.

its crazy.... you wish ..We all wish we could have a gun..in case something happen..right....but in the opposite you don't want it at all in case when you can't handle your emotion..can't control them...must be easy to take the gun and shoot everyone...... so don't buy it ......... bad idea i guess...........

H e was stood there with a gun and a defenseless Woman .

He was in no corner , he could have walked away, he choose not to .

He probably killed her out of anger, realised what he'd done , then killed himself

did you READ THE STORY that SHE got a gun from her CAR and went in to kill him? defenseless woman?

He then took the gun off from her , which then made her defenseless.

seems you're so biased you don't want to understand

Just prior to the shooting she was defenseless.

Those are facts, nothing biased about it

Could you consider this?

She threatened him with the gun - may be she shot first (it is not said)

he managed to remove it from her

she tried to get it back...

.... self defense

I don't know if it was this way

but do you think:

she allowed him to take the gun away from her

then she stood defenseless

after 30 seconds standing he decided to pull the trigger ...

you do not know either

but her standing defenseless is very unlikely

I mentioned this story to my wife who says the Thai newspapers say that she went to pick up her son who he had left with his friend at another house while he went out for the weekend on his motorbike with friends

I can see how she would feel if this is true to have your son staying at another house on his weekend visit

I still say not taking the gun out of the car would have saved 2 lives but my wife says its the farangs fault leaving there son with another friend.

This went on for 20 minutes when i said i feel sorry for the son and she still says if the italian had took care of the son and not gone out on Big bikes at the weekend it would not have happened

I give up rip little boy so sad.

I mentioned this story to my wife who says the Thai newspapers say that she went to pick up her son who he had left with his friend at another house while he went out for the weekend on his motorbike with friends

I can see how she would feel if this is true to have your son staying at another house on his weekend visit

I still say not taking the gun out of the car would have saved 2 lives but my wife says its the farangs fault leaving there son with another friend.

This went on for 20 minutes when i said i feel sorry for the son and she still says if the italian had took care of the son and not gone out on Big bikes at the weekend it would not have happened

Feel compelled to say something here. On his Facebook he posted photos of his son over the weekend on at least 3 different occasions so it would be fair to assume this is wrong.

The most heart breaking story I have read on TV. My thoughts are with the families and of course the poor young boy.

I ran into a Thai friend today who asked if I saw the story. I replied that I had and that it was so tragic and I felt deep sadness for the boy and she added, "she should have killed her husband right away and there would be no problem." I then replied, "if she hadn't brought a gun is how there would be no problem and how that little boy would still have parents. At this point blame is ultimately irrelevant, the boy is an orphan and is the only here to bear the sad consequences."

Feel compelled to say something here. On his Facebook he posted photos of his son over the weekend on at least 3 different occasions so it would be fair to assume this is wrong.

The most heart breaking story I have read on TV. My thoughts are with the families and of course the poor young boy.

he posted last picture of his son at 13:01 yesterday.

Although the father was wrong by pulling the trigger, I kind of understand him. Maybe because I have seen how some Thai-women can drive their partners totally mad. (Especially when children and/or money is involved)

I wonder if the understanding expressed by you and others is limited to foreigners killing Thai people or if it extends to Thai men killing their partner as well, as we occasionally read about (and where the sentiment seems very different than whats expressed in this thread).

To me ANYONE who acts "crazy" risks being killed for their actions. The woman brought the gun into the discussion with her former husband.

And ANYONE can under the right conditions snap and kill somebody. You push people too far and you risk your life. That goes for all... no matter if they are Thai or not.

Your wife does not sound to intelligent and you nearly agreeing with her is scary. Have you been in Thailand that long that you no longer have common sense, your wife being Thai has an excuse.

To me ANYONE who acts "crazy" risks being killed for their actions. The woman brought the gun into the discussion with her former husband.

And ANYONE can under the right conditions snap and kill somebody. You push people too far and you risk your life. That goes for all... no matter if they are Thai or not.

Luca was a great guy and had been thru alot and still controlled himself until she pulled out a gun. What would any of you guys do in having another man bedding with your wife in the home that you own in addition to wanting all his other investment properties. He had been willing to split it three ways but that had not been enough for this greedy Thai. Others friends had given her advise of not having the gun but she was one that was better then others. Rest in peace Luca, certainly will miss you.

Good point. Some of the sheep here seem to defend the farangs, no matter the circumstance. At the same time, they'll blame the Thais, regardless of the circumstance.

Okay, lets be objective and rational then..

Is bringing a gun (Thai TV-show style) to an argument a "smart" move? Would both parents have been dead today, if there was no gun involved? Who brought the gun and is taking out a gun something generally "smart" to do when you are in an argument?

Archived